Windows 10: Contact Rules/Filters

Discus and support Contact Rules/Filters in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How do I set up a rule to automatically put emails from certain contacts into certain folders ? Many thanks 74673 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Schzam, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Schzam Win User

Contact Rules/Filters

How do I set up a rule to automatically put emails from certain contacts into certain folders ?

Many thanks

:)

Schzam, Jan 11, 2017
  2. e61drc Win User

E61 and desktop mail synchronisation problems

The first issue can be solved if the filter/rules are on the server so that emails are filtered when they arrive on the server. Your ISP/email provider may provide email filter/rules under email settings or you may have to set up the filter/rules using
    webmail.

The second issue is not a problem as the email is copied to you (CC) so the intended recipient appears in the TO field.
    Message Edited by on 12-Sep-2006

08:51 AM

e61drc, Jan 11, 2017
  3. gb330033 Win User
    Filtering Email Into Different Folders

If your ISP offers a web-interface for your email account, see if you can set up filter rules in that. Those rules might get applied at the server-level, which would then make any email client you use with that address respect those filtering rules.

gb330033, Jan 11, 2017
  4. Contact Rules/Filters

Welcome to the TenForums.

What email program / app are you using and where is your email hosted, gmail, Outlook.com, etc.

Caledon Ken, Jan 11, 2017
  5. Schzam Win User
    My account is ymail and I am using the Windows 10 Mail app 17.7805.42277.0

Schzam, Jan 11, 2017
  6. From my experience you can't set up a rule in the app. You need to set it up in your web mail (browser) to have it take effect in app.

Other with more experience with this app, and the information you provided may have a different answer.

Caledon Ken, Jan 11, 2017
  7. Did a little more research. By ymail I assume you mean Yahoo. At least that is what I got when I search.

If Yahoo, open your mail in a browser. Open the mail you want to build a rule for. In Yahoo it is called a filter. Click on "More" across the top.
    Then click on Filter emails like this.

A pain to have to switch to browser but once set you can forget.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Contact Rules/Filters

1. Contact Rules/Filters - Similar Threads - Contact Rules Filters

2. How do I filter and find firewall rules

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I filter and find firewall rules: Is there a way to filter and search/sort firewall rules? Whenever I have a Windows 10 or 11 app firewall problem I have to just scroll and scroll. Should I be using the shell instead, or is there something in the GUI that is just not obvious to my old eyes and just lets you...
  3. How do I filter and find firewall rules

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I filter and find firewall rules: Is there a way to filter and search/sort firewall rules? Whenever I have a Windows 10 or 11 app firewall problem I have to just scroll and scroll. Should I be using the shell instead, or is there something in the GUI that is just not obvious to my old eyes and just lets you...
  4. Resetting rules

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Resetting rules: I use Outlook 2016 and have four email addresses. Three are pop accounts and all go to a single pst file, while my main email address is a hosted exchange account. When I initially set this up a year ago, I imported all of my rules to my exchange account, even rules that...
  5. executable rules vs app package rules?

executable rules vs app package rules?: Here in the Applocker you will find the following four options. [ATTACH] What is the difference between Executable Rules and App Package Rules? Please explain with example ausführbare-Regeln vs App-Paketregeln?
  6. Windows Defender Firewall, advanced settings, filter rules

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Firewall, advanced settings, filter rules: What should the settings be for the filter ? It has a New Rule, It has Filter Profile, There is a Filter State, There is a View and a Refresh ! Then there is an Export list with a Help listing under that ? This is for the Connection Activity Rule Actions . I don,t believe...
  7. Wrong Account Name in Filter contact list as well as in Contacts

Wrong Account Name in Filter contact list as well as in Contacts: I have 3 Gmail accounts me, my wife & my son in my Mail & Calendar as well as People app. My people app never shows correct account name in filter contact list as well as as when we edit / add a new contact we cant understand which account to save with. I always shows Gmail,...
  8. In Bound Rules

in Windows 10 Customization
    In Bound Rules: Why would one program in my computer be blocked under in bound rules, when every other program is allowed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-bound-rules/3b1fe63e-2945-48d4-83fe-25b6bdb8283f
  9. Firewall Rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall Rules: Can you setup exceptions for firewall rules? For example, if I have a port blocked inbound for ALL via GPO, can I create an exception to that rule to allow just certain IP addresses to get through the port being blocked? Win 10 ENT in a domain environment....
  10. Firewall rules

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall rules: I accidentally deleted outbound windows firewall rules. Will these reappear? Can this be dangerous? Please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/firewall-rules/1f7cbdda-d9e2-435a-96cb-6caef7699b88"