Windows 10: Contacted by Scam I was victim to wanting to refund money

Discus and support Contacted by Scam I was victim to wanting to refund money in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was contacted by a company WINSUPP that I was scammed by previously. They want to refund my money stating that the programs they installed would no... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DonnaMarx1, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Contacted by Scam I was victim to wanting to refund money

I was contacted by a company WINSUPP that I was scammed by previously. They want to refund my money stating that the programs they installed would no longer work on my laptop. After I was scammed I enrolled in your window secure program and they removed all programs that WINSUPP installed. They will not work with me unless I get online with them and they will send me paperwork to complete. the phone number provided is 805 324 7133 and the agent is Sylvia Joseph. Was this company prosecuted and must refund money? When I call them back I am going to ask what account number this is in reference to as I have all the paperwork. They will probably want a bank account number to deposit the money. As long as I don't give them a check number I don't believe they can withdraw any money. Can they access my laptop if I am line with them? I would love to have the money back but don't want to be victim to a scam again. PLease advise.

:)

DonnaMarx1, Nov 19, 2018
  2. Rob Koch Win User

Calls wanting to refund our money for internet security by filling out forms online

Refund and Recovery Scams

Though the above doesn't specifically mention Tech Support Refund scams, the general operation of the scam is similar with the key difference being the original way they got your money.

The following is the only sure way to get your money back from a tech support scam, though by waiting a year you are far too late to do this for the incident you mentioned above.

Getting Your Money Back After a Tech Support Scam

When thinking about these things always assume the callers are vicious thieves, since in nearly all cases they are.

Rob

Rob Koch, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Victim of a fake Microsoft scam I think

Yes, they could have that data.

I would contact your banks and tell them you were the victim of a scam and what would they suggest you do.

From another machine you should change your passwords.

To be sure, you should do a clean install of your operating system on your machine.

IJustHelping, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Contacted by Scam I was victim to wanting to refund money

Victim of scam on windows 10 tablet installed syskey startup

My father was also a victim of this scam. Does anyone have a solution to this problem. I viewed a few site mentioning to go to safe mode and running malwarebyte but I can't go to safe mode, any suggestions?

KesterRagoonanan, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Contacted by Scam I was victim to wanting to refund money

1. Contacted by Scam I was victim to wanting to refund money - Similar Threads - Contacted Scam was

2. I want a refund

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want a refund: I was charged for MS 365 on 3/13/24. When I renewed MS 365 on 3/12/23, I said I do not want this to auto renew, since was not NOT going to upgrade from WON 7 OS. Nonetheless, I was still charged on 3/13/24. I want my $99 that was charged refunded....
  3. I want a refund

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want a refund: I was charged for MS 365 on 3/13/24. When I renewed MS 365 on 3/12/23, I said I do not want this to auto renew, since was not NOT going to upgrade from WON 7 OS. Nonetheless, I was still charged on 3/13/24. I want my $99 that was charged refunded....
  4. i want a refund

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want a refund: Money was deducted from my bank while i accidently opened this account , my college has provided a microsoft account for free for 2years than why would i choose to pay i want my money refunded as soon as possible. I dont use this account i have a free acount paid by my...
  5. i want a refund

i want a refund: Money was deducted from my bank while i accidently opened this account , my college has provided a microsoft account for free for 2years than why would i choose to pay i want my money refunded as soon as possible. I dont use this account i have a free acount paid by my...
  6. I WANT A REFUND

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I WANT A REFUND: i bought forza horizon 5 for 100 dollars and played it for maybe 10 minutes before not being able to play it again tried everthing and i want a refund im done with this! even if 14 days is up i want a refund for a game i havent even been able to play... very disapointed...
  7. I WANT A REFUND

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I WANT A REFUND: i bought forza horizon 5 for 100 dollars and played it for maybe 10 minutes before not being able to play it again tried everthing and i want a refund im done with this! even if 14 days is up i want a refund for a game i havent even been able to play... very disapointed...
  8. I WANT A REFUND

9. friend victim of scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    friend victim of scam: My friend received a call from "Apple" who told him he had been hacked by someone from another country and they needed to take over his dell computer and iphone to fix the problem. he let them install remote control software and it came to him that it might not be "Apple" at...
  10. Phone refund scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phone refund scam: Today April 8th 2019 I had a guy with a Mideastern or India accent call and tell me I was get a refund from Microsoft for 200 dollars which was funny I have not send Microsoft 200 dollars. Then he want me to give him access to my computer. I told him I don't give anyone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. refund scam no longeer working in this country

2. windows calling that they owe me money ? scam?

3. ccleaner refund scam

4. 805-324-7133