Windows 10: Contacting support following failed Win 10 Pro upgrade activation

Discus and support Contacting support following failed Win 10 Pro upgrade activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Can someone in Microsoft support please contact me? I have purchased a Win 10 Home to Pro update from the Microsoft store. I appreciate there may be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dpepper1, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Dpepper1 Win User

Contacting support following failed Win 10 Pro upgrade activation

Can someone in Microsoft support please contact me? I have purchased a Win 10 Home to Pro update from the Microsoft store. I appreciate there may be cheaper ways to do this but I wanted a hassle free experience so chose the official route. However :

- Win 10 Pro has installed I think but not activated

- running the Troubleshooter advises me to contact support

- no product key has been provided so I cannot activate manually

- my screen is now obscured by the "Test Mode" watermark

- I cannot get hold of Microsoft support by telephone just told there is a problem and to Try again

- there seems to be no other way to get in-person support

So the "hassle free experience" I paid for has rendered my PC almost unusable, and I can't get hold of anyone in Microsoft for help - just a virtual agent which tells me to buy a product key, which is what I though I was doing when I paid Microsoft £119.

I'm not expecting any help from the community - I am asking for someone in Microsoft support to contact me directly via email to provide a product key or otherwise sort this out, as there seems no other way to do so.

:)

Dpepper1, Apr 18, 2021

2. Cant get Win 10 to upgrade to Pro after HD failure

Hi Christopher,

You can upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro by using Windows 10 Pro digital license or product key. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Did your device came with Windows 8 pre-installed?
    • What is the make and model of your Windows device?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article to

upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

In case that you'll experience an activation issue, we recommend that you follow the steps on this article:

Using the Activation troubleshooter
    . Choose the method that fits to your situation.

We will look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    Windows 10 pro activation

Hi,

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security >
      Activation.
    • If your activation status is Connect to the Internet to activate Windows, select Activate to manually activate Windows. If this doesn’t work, you can contact customer support.

For your reference, we suggest to check the article below when updating Windows 10

Get help with Windows activation errors

Should you need further information, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Apr 18, 2021
  4. Contacting support following failed Win 10 Pro upgrade activation

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

Contacting support following failed Win 10 Pro upgrade activation

1. Contacting support following failed Win 10 Pro upgrade activation - Similar Threads - Contacting support following

2. Win 11 Pro Upgrade Support Hell :- Can't upgrade to Win 11 pro / activate after multiple...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Pro Upgrade Support Hell :- Can't upgrade to Win 11 pro / activate after multiple...: THANKS RIGHT OUT OF THE DOOR!!!!!! Any Help or ideas are super appreciated.... Hi, I purchased a Win 11 pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store. Initially, it downloaded, installed and activated, but later had account rights / security issues and I was forced to call support....
  3. Win 11 Pro Upgrade Support Hell :- Can't upgrade to Win 11 pro / activate after multiple...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 Pro Upgrade Support Hell :- Can't upgrade to Win 11 pro / activate after multiple...: THANKS RIGHT OUT OF THE DOOR!!!!!! Any Help or ideas are super appreciated.... Hi, I purchased a Win 11 pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store. Initially, it downloaded, installed and activated, but later had account rights / security issues and I was forced to call support....
  4. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro activation failed code0xC004F213

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro activation failed code0xC004F213: I have a Dell Inspiron 3847 that I purchased new from Dell a number of years ago. It came with Windows 8 Home. When Microsoft offered the free upgrade to Windows 10 Home, I got it. There were no issues installing and activating it and it has worked fine for years. Yesterday I...
  5. Win 10 Home upgrade to Pro fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home upgrade to Pro fails: I bought an ex-leased Win 10 Laptop in New Zealand from a legitimate sales outlet. I live in NZ. I now wish to upgrade to Win10 Pro. Clicked on Settings/Update & Security/Activation/Go to the Store. I clicked on 'Buy' for $99.00. The only States and Country to choose from are...
  6. Unable to Activate Following Win10 Home->Pro Upgrade

Unable to Activate Following Win10 Home->Pro Upgrade: I needed the extra functionality of Win10 Pro, so I went into Settings -> Updates & Security -> Activation and followed the upgrade steps. The Microsoft Store successfully charged my credit card for the update as expected. It installed, and I now have the extra features......
  7. Upgraded a fully activated Win 7 Ultimate/Pro to Win 10 Pro - Activation fails after a few...

Upgraded a fully activated Win 7 Ultimate/Pro to Win 10 Pro - Activation fails after a few...: Help! I recently upgraded a fully activated Win 7 Ultimate laptop, Dell Precision M6800, to Win 10 Pro. I used the USB media created at the MS link. It seemed to be 100% successful except on one minor application. It indicated that it was fully activated but the next day,...
  8. Repeatedly failed win 7 pro upgrade to win 10 pro

Repeatedly failed win 7 pro upgrade to win 10 pro: I've tried to upgrade my win 7 pro 64 to win 10 pro 64 for years on and off. I saved the WIN 10 ISO 1909 and thought that I would try again before the end of support. It kept failing until I tried to use anytime upgrade using my win 7 pro license key. Time was running short...
  9. Win 10 Pro activation failed after upgrade

Win 10 Pro activation failed after upgrade: Recently I reinstalled Windows using my OEM recovery tools on my Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop. Because I had spare Windows 7 Pro key I decided to use it to upgrade my Windows 10 installation to Pro version. The Windows settings accepted my key and done automatic update of my...
  10. Upgrading valid, activated Win 10 Home to Pro completely fails

Upgrading valid, activated Win 10 Home to Pro completely fails: Hello, I have a laptop with a preinstalled and validated Win 10 Home. Today I tried to upgrade it to Win 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store. I bought the corresponding Win 10 Pro upgrade (after some payment hassle, I hope it is not relating..). After the purchase the...