Windows 10: Contacting the helpdesk

Discus and support Contacting the helpdesk in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just needed to re-activate my windows 10 after replacing my motherboard. It didn't work through the automated process. So I searched through google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JozefThys, Jul 2, 2020.

1. JozefThys Win User

Contacting the helpdesk

I just needed to re-activate my windows 10 after replacing my motherboard. It didn't work through the automated process.

So I searched through google for a phone number. Was given the following number to call: +32 11948431. I live in Belgium and this is a belgian number.

Ended up in India. I did find it strange, but it was late and thought that the local helpdesk was switched through.

I did explain my problem and was asked to give access to my PC. A bit strange, but I allowed. Which in hindsight was stupid.

I was told that my license was expired, which I contested.

They than said they would be able to re-activate for a fee of €4. I didn't like it, but something needed to be done and thus I told them to proceed.

I was then presented with a screen that looks very much like a payment for on-line shopping and was told to enter my account information. That is where I refused since they were looking at my screen. I told them I would not put my information in.

The line was immediately disconnected from their side, but my PC was still under their control.

I rebooted my PC to ensure it was disconnected and found that they still had access and were trying all kind of actions to further access my PC, which I interrupted by moving my mouse and hitting random keys.

I am now re-imaging with an old backup.

:)

JozefThys, Jul 2, 2020
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Aug 5, 2020
  3. thesaint2 Win User
    new contacts not useable

Thanks for your suggestions Ken. I tried them but I still cannot email new additions to my contacts list

thesaint2, Aug 5, 2020
  4. thesaint2 Win User

Contacting the helpdesk

new contacts not useable

Good Morning Ken & Helmut,
    Ken, the "Mail" contacts list works for all current contacts - but not for newly inserted contacts, even after a reset of the laptop.

Helmut, Thanks for your suggestions, I will try them as soon as I get a chance.

thesaint2, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Contacting the helpdesk

1. Contacting the helpdesk - Similar Threads - Contacting helpdesk

2. CONTACT IT HELPDESK, cannot access my virus protection...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CONTACT IT HELPDESK, cannot access my virus protection...: how is it that Microsoft continues to prove utterly useless, not only with their products but with their useless help services. Not one person can fix these stupid **** issues. I have done a hard reset twice and i cannot access my own **** Anti-virus settings. FRESH RESET -...
  3. CONTACT IT HELPDESK, cannot access my virus protection...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CONTACT IT HELPDESK, cannot access my virus protection...: how is it that Microsoft continues to prove utterly useless, not only with their products but with their useless help services. Not one person can fix these stupid **** issues. I have done a hard reset twice and i cannot access my own **** Anti-virus settings. FRESH RESET -...
  4. Cant use windows defender. Contact IT helpdesk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant use windows defender. Contact IT helpdesk.: A few weeks ago I downloaded a virus which put multiple on my computer. After this happened I tried to open Windows Security however it says "Page not available. Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not...
  5. Cant use windows defender. Contact IT helpdesk.

Cant use windows defender. Contact IT helpdesk.: A few weeks ago I downloaded a virus which put multiple on my computer. After this happened I tried to open Windows Security however it says "Page not available. Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not...
  6. What is "%1!s! has disabled Windows Security. Contact your IT Helpdesk"?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is "%1!s! has disabled Windows Security. Contact your IT Helpdesk"?: I recently formatted my PC and did a clean install of Windows, then I changed my system's language to German to immerse myself in the language as I am currently learning it. I've done this multiple times already. Everytime I format my PC and reinstall Windows, I always change...
  7. What is "%1!s! has disabled Windows Security. Contact your IT Helpdesk"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is "%1!s! has disabled Windows Security. Contact your IT Helpdesk"?: I recently formatted my PC and did a clean install of Windows, then I changed my system's language to German to immerse myself in the language as I am currently learning it. I've done this multiple times already. Everytime I format my PC and reinstall Windows, I always change...
  8. What is "%1!s! has disabled Windows Security. Contact your IT Helpdesk"?

9. Cant use windows defender. Contact IT helpdesk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Cant use windows defender. Contact IT helpdesk.