Windows 10: Contacts and Address Books

Discus and support Contacts and Address Books in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello,Can someone tell me how I can tell the Windows OS to default to using the Windows Address Book and the Contacts in the Contacts folder? It was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joseph Morsbach, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Contacts and Address Books

Hello,Can someone tell me how I can tell the Windows OS to default to using the Windows Address Book and the Contacts in the Contacts folder? It was working fine until I configured my Office 365 account on Outlook. Now it seems the outlook address book has taken over.My specific use case is using Windows Fax and Scan. When I click TO or Contacts in Windows Fax and Scan, it used to pull up the WAB, but since I configured my email account in Outlook it now pulls up the OUtlook address book. On one of my Win10 VMs I managed to get it working the way I want above, but no idea how or why. I've

:)

Joseph Morsbach, Jul 13, 2021
  2. Florio Win User

Cannot add contacts personal folders to address book in Outlook 2016

Many thanks for all your suggestions, HippsieGypsie, but nothing seems to be working. I cannot delete my folder so I have to keep trying to get it included in the list of available address books. My contacts are all in the Contacts - Personal Folders, but this list is not included amongst those offered by Outlook as a default address book.

Florio, Jul 13, 2021
  3. Alicia J Win User
    How do I get Outlook 2010 to export the correct address book

I have three options listed in Outlook when I try to export a CSV contact list from the address book.. Myself, another person, and the 'Outlook Data File'. I am the default person.

When you open the address book, the choice that has the current contacts is my name-contacts. When you go to the export file section, it is called suggested contacts. If I export this file and open it in excel, it shows names and street addresses with no email address listed. There are also names in the file that are no longer in my address book.

How do I get the address book to export the current list from my address book, and how do I get the excel file to show the email address?

Alicia J, Jul 13, 2021
  4. oldcelt Win User

Contacts and Address Books

MS Office 2010 not showing contacts in Address Book

I can't follow the advice given "

• Select the Contacts folder, and then click the Folder tab in the Ribbon.
    • Click the Folder Properties tab in the Ribbon.
    • On the Outlook Address Book tab, click to select the Show this folder as an e-mail address book check box, type a descriptive name, and then click OK "
    because there is no Outlook Address Book tab shown when I open Folder Properties tab.

Contacts and Address Books [​IMG]

oldcelt, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

Contacts and Address Books

1. Contacts and Address Books - Similar Threads - Contacts Address Books

2. Contacts from People to Outlook address book

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contacts from People to Outlook address book: How do I get my Windows 10 People address list into MS Outlook, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-from-people-to-outlook-address-book/0061408a-180a-4fac-a611-b37d85e98aba
  3. address book

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    address book: does windows 10 come with a address book https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/address-book/b86fdc9a-6a3e-4f96-a35f-5345ac8eb6fb
  4. importing contacts from outlook address book to my xfinity/comcast address book.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing contacts from outlook address book to my xfinity/comcast address book.: Okay, I am trying to "migrate" my outlook 2016 contacts to xfinity/comcast address book but am having a problem. I open xfinity/comcast and select import contacts and it says migration is in progress but the time elapse wheel keeps going and going and going and nothing...
  5. Address Book

Address Book: I can not add contacts to my windows address book that came with the computer. I have around 170 names and addresses. I right click to bring up a menu and add new contact is not there no more and it is not in the tools bar on top. what happened to the add new contact? so i...
  6. address book

address book: How do I go about setting up and address book ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/address-book/ace89429-5b53-48bf-b12c-0a7e752d23c4
  7. Address Book

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Address Book: when I want to send a new email my address book does not show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/address-book/af94b9f3-010d-413a-b730-3ce5d78267bf
  8. Move Outlook 2013 Address Book Contacts to Contacts in WIN 10

in Browsers and Email
    Move Outlook 2013 Address Book Contacts to Contacts in WIN 10: How do I move Outlook 2013 Address Book CONTACTS to Win 10 CONTACTS ?? 22383
  9. Export Contacts/Address book from Windows Live Webmail

in Browsers and Email
    Export Contacts/Address book from Windows Live Webmail: Hi I have a Windows Live email with address L: xxx@hotmail.com, I only have access to it via the Web. I am trying to export my contacts but when I go to People/Contacts/Export and select All Contacts and CSV for the file type then select Export at the top of the page...
  10. MS Office 2010 not showing contacts in Address Book

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Office 2010 not showing contacts in Address Book: Had to reinstall W10 and, subsequently Office 2010. All my data and backups are in a separate partition so none of that was lost. Imported a backup of my 'Contacts' and they show OK in the 'Contacts' folder. However, they no longer appear in the Address Book. Any ideas...