Windows 10: Contacts app shows an undeletable contact

Discus and support Contacts app shows an undeletable contact in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I recently starting to tag my photos using Win 10 photo app. When naming people the contact list with already known contacts comes up. Per... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by d1ckb31n, Dec 28, 2020.

1. d1ckb31n Win User

Contacts app shows an undeletable contact

Hi,

I recently starting to tag my photos using Win 10 photo app. When naming people the contact list with already known contacts comes up.

Per default I'd expect this to be empty but it shows my name with a typo.

After searching it seems to be some kind of default contact but I was unable to fix the typo nore delete the account from the app. Strangly this is also connected to some weird @outlook.com address which I never know I had.

Trying to login with this adress fails. Using my Microsoft Account works and also shows the @outlook.com address but there the name is correct, so no typo.

Is this some kind of sync issue?

How can I get rid of the entry or at least fix the naming?

Thanks

Ronny

:)

d1ckb31n, Dec 28, 2020
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Dec 28, 2020
  3. davidhk Win User
    Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

davidhk, Dec 28, 2020
  4. thesaint2 Win User

new contacts not useable

Good Morning Ken & Helmut,
    Ken, the "Mail" contacts list works for all current contacts - but not for newly inserted contacts, even after a reset of the laptop.

Helmut, Thanks for your suggestions, I will try them as soon as I get a chance.

thesaint2, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Contacts app shows an undeletable contact - Similar Threads - Contacts app shows

2. Windows 10 mail showing contact email NOT in my contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mail showing contact email NOT in my contacts: When I try to send an email to a contacts, an address comes up that is NOT in my contacts. How do I deal with this? This is the correct email that is in the contacts. When I start an email I get three emails for this contact. There are two bad emails including the one that is...
  3. Contact management app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contact management app: What is best contact management app for Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contact-management-app/f845f1b6-226c-4397-8fd4-3dd50af52e25
  4. Contact management app

Contact management app: What is best contact management app for Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contact-management-app/f845f1b6-226c-4397-8fd4-3dd50af52e25
  5. The "Contact" app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The "Contact" app: I wanted the "Contacts" app, but I can't find at all now in Win-10.Before someone say "blah blah..." about "people" app, I want you know that I need to convert some .CSV to .VCF...
  6. Undeleteable Gmail Contact.

in Browsers and Email
    Undeleteable Gmail Contact.: Hi Folks, my friend was getting Spam in large numbers, so he deleted his Gmail account and created a new one. That was 4 weeks ago. Since then, I have removed his old address and added his new one in all my Contacts list, except one. Both his contacts are in my Windows 10...
  7. Mail app contacts

Mail app contacts: Ok here goes. windows 10. I add a contact. When sending an e-mail to that person it comes back undeliverable. Then I realize I spelled it incorrectly. I go to that contact, click edit & correct & save the info. Now, when I forward an e-mail I click in the To: window, start...
  8. How do I restore Contacts for .. People app. People app not showing contacts after...

How do I restore Contacts for .. People app. People app not showing contacts after...: Although I thought I had copied the relevant data ... that attempt failed. How do I locate my people data? Is it automatically on the Windows account? Can I ask People to read some data explicitly? Is there a windows web page to see my contacts? The original computer is...
  9. contacts into the people app

contacts into the people app: I am setting up Windows 10 for a friend who uses an email provider where the contacts list does not appear to be compatible with the People App. I have saved the contacts list that was in windows live mail, stored on the windows 7 machine, as a csv file and vcf files. I...
  10. Contact support app

Contact support app: I never noticed this app before until today. An app listed in start menu called 'Contact Support'. So I clicked it just to take a look. But the app just starts to open and then immediately crashes/shuts off. I logged into another user acc on my machine and it opens just fine....