Windows 10: Contacts desktop shortcut keeps reappearing after being deleted

Discus and support Contacts desktop shortcut keeps reappearing after being deleted in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It started a few months ago. I suddenly had a "contacts" shortcut appear on my desktop so I deleted it. It was empty. The next time I came it came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LordBloks, May 13, 2019.

1. LordBloks Win User

Contacts desktop shortcut keeps reappearing after being deleted

It started a few months ago. I suddenly had a "contacts" shortcut appear on my desktop so I deleted it. It was empty. The next time I came it came back. It has never stopped, I have tried to hide it in another folder, change the name or deleting the folder it was in. For some reasons, it was in C:\Users\(My name)\BrawlhallaReplays\Desktop\Contacts like a few other shortcuts. I tried to delete it too and I don't have Brawlhalla installed on my PC anymore (for whose who don't know, it's a game). Any help would be appreciated, it's really frustrating.

Contacts desktop shortcut keeps reappearing after being deleted bc864255-f561-49ba-a092-0032aa0c7976?upload=true.jpg

:)

LordBloks, May 13, 2019

2. "Internet ADSL" shortcut keeps reappearing

I have a very odd problem, I've just re-installed Vista x64 and the shortcut to connect me to my ADSL internet always recreates itself on bootup. I'm sure there must be a registry tweak or something to stop it doing it.

Here's what I've tried:

• Reinstalling ADSL modem drivers
    • Deleting shortcut every time
    • Deleting connection and recreating connection

Also it doesn't remember any of my settings associated with this connection. I have unchecked "Prompt me for name, and password..." and changed redialling options lots of times but when I restart the PC the shortcut has recreated itself and my preferences have been reset to default! *Confused Contacts desktop shortcut keeps reappearing after being deleted :confused:

Any ideas?

oli_ramsay, May 13, 2019
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, May 13, 2019
  4. Contacts desktop shortcut keeps reappearing after being deleted

Desktop shortcuts for deleted programs now are back on desktop

I see shortcuts on my desktop that have reappeared for programs no longer installed and some that are already installed. When I put my mouse over the Icon it has no effect I can't select it to delete it.

One is the browser Opera. I checked programs, appdata, etc. Nothing listed?

Malawarebyres is already installed and a second shortcut now appears and it has no effect. Something corrupt? How can I fix my desktop

Thanks

WarrenPalmer, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Contacts desktop shortcut keeps reappearing after being deleted

1. Contacts desktop shortcut keeps reappearing after being deleted - Similar Threads - Contacts desktop shortcut

2. Bug: Deleted desktop files keep reappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bug: Deleted desktop files keep reappearing: Hi, this particular Windows 10 bug has been persistent for almost 2 years. If I delete a file on my desktop, it will go inside the recycle bin, as usual. But when I open a fullscreen program, the file will reappear on the desktop again. Only when I refresh the desktop with...
  3. Deleted icons, folder, shortcuts etc reappear after some time on the Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted icons, folder, shortcuts etc reappear after some time on the Desktop: I've build myself a computer with complety new parts, storage too. Now the system is about 3 months old and I have this, minor I hope, yet annoying, little issue. On the desktop, when I delete files, shortcuts, folders and such, they reappear again after some time has...
  4. Folder Keeps Reappearing after Deletion!

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Keeps Reappearing after Deletion!: I've installed MS Flight Simulator 2020 on a separate SSD (Z:) which I managed to configure correctly on the second attempt. For some reason there is an empty Program Files folder containing an empty ModifiableWindowsApps folder. I deleted the Program Files folder by taking...
  5. Files keep reappearing after deleting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files keep reappearing after deleting: When I delete a file, it appears to be fine, but not long after it reappears on desktop again, along with older deleted files. Permanent deletion won't work either. How do I fix this issue?...
  6. Deleted desktop files keep reappearing after deletion

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted desktop files keep reappearing after deletion: Hi, if i delete a file, folder, .rar, etc. from my desktop and open a game, or program, the file keeps reappearing on the desktop. If i press F5 on the desktop it disappears, but it's very annoying to be pressing F5 the hole time and if i try to delete the file it tells me...
  7. Icons reappear after deleted from Desktop

Icons reappear after deleted from Desktop: When I created a file "on the desktop" videos, docs etc. then decide to delete the file, a ghost icon will reappear after opening a full screen program or signing-out. The work-a-round is easy enough: Just right click and Refresh the screen and the ghost icon disappears....
  8. App keeps reappearing after I permanently delete it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App keeps reappearing after I permanently delete it: Hi people, I have a Bible app that keeps redownloading after I permanently delete all the relating files as well as the app. I feel like I've gotten rid of the entire app and the files, but after a short while, the app comes back and I have to keep re-deleting everything...
  9. Folders and files reappear after being moved or deleted

Folders and files reappear after being moved or deleted: This folder keeps reappearing after I move it into another folder. I have tried the suggestion to change the owner to everyone. No luck. I have tried running the MSERT. It said it found 2 things Deleted one and partially deleted the other. Other security programs find...
  10. Deleted MSG files saved to Desktop keep reappearing

Deleted MSG files saved to Desktop keep reappearing: Message files (.msg) that are permanently deleted from my Desktop folder continue to reappear after refreshing the desktop, restarting explorer.exe, etc. In case it's relevant, I'm working in a corporate domain environment with automated backups running on a schedule. The...