Windows 10: Contacts Folder not updated since Windows 7

Discus and support Contacts Folder not updated since Windows 7 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I do not understand why Microsoft doesn't update the Contacts folder. It has remained the same since Windows 7. The folder title bar, ribbon, menu and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mistake I was, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Contacts Folder not updated since Windows 7

I do not understand why Microsoft doesn't update the Contacts folder. It has remained the same since Windows 7. The folder title bar, ribbon, menu and the contacts that can be created in the folder remain as they were in Windows 7 and never got upgraded to Windows 10. Their UI does quite match that of Windows 10.

If you don't care about this user folder, get rid of it. It's not used by the users anyway. Or update it if it stays a part of Windows 10.

There are elements such as old icons from Windows XP and Windows 7 that can still be found in Windows 10. WHY??

:)

Mistake I was, Oct 30, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 30, 2020
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Florio Win User

Contacts Folder not updated since Windows 7

Cannot add contacts personal folders to address book in Outlook 2016

Many thanks for all your suggestions, HippsieGypsie, but nothing seems to be working. I cannot delete my folder so I have to keep trying to get it included in the list of available address books. My contacts are all in the Contacts - Personal Folders, but this list is not included amongst those offered by Outlook as a default address book.

Florio, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Contacts Folder not updated since Windows 7

1. Contacts Folder not updated since Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Contacts Folder updated

2. Where are my contacts if the contacts folder says "this folder is empty"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where are my contacts if the contacts folder says "this folder is empty": Location of Contacts in windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-my-contacts-if-the-contacts-folder-says/aa26fba9-c401-4de7-9d87-4047fcd82aad
  3. Can't bulk import "contacts" from Windows 7 contacts folder into People on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't bulk import "contacts" from Windows 7 contacts folder into People on Windows 10: I am trying to get the contents of a user's "Contacts" folder available as contacts in the Windows Mail App. The computer was previously running Windows 7 I don't know its history any further back than that, and I was able to cleanly upgrade it to Windows 10 without having...
  4. list of contacts on Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    list of contacts on Windows 7: How do I get my list of contacts from Windows 7 to windows10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/list-of-contacts-on-windows-7/484b16f1-008e-4013-a326-da392a3b844a
  5. Using Windows 7 contacts in Windows 10

Using Windows 7 contacts in Windows 10: I have recently moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I copied my old Contacts file and it opens well in Windows 10,. I am able to edit contacts, but there is no option to add more contacts. If I click on 'New', I can add folders, bitmap images, etc., but not a new contact....
  6. import windows 7 contacts to windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    import windows 7 contacts to windows 10: how do i import my windows vista and 7 contacts/address book to windows10 people ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-windows-7-contacts-to-windows-10/0a88ef82-dda7-4705-a194-0c714c4ef704"
  7. Unable to find email contacts list since update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to find email contacts list since update.: I've been trying to find my email contacts list for hours to no avail. I've followed instructions from "Where are my contacts in Mail for Windows 10?" but all of this info has not helped. I need to import the contacts list from gmail acct to outlook & 1 more acct (AT&T...
  8. email contact folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    email contact folder: Old pc, want to save contacts . How can I download contacts to a thumb drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-contact-folder/39e76a88-12c3-4968-9186-5584459f1904"
  9. Windows 7 contact list

Windows 7 contact list: Is it safe to transfer my windows 7 contacts to windows 10 people. I currently have on desktop and shortcut to contacts but now it won't let me alphabetize my list. Any help will be appreciated...
  10. Contacts Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Contacts Folder: I cant find my contacts folder. Well, that's not exactly true, I do have a folder at "C:\Users\xxx\Contacts", but it's just a regular folder. Seems to have happened around the time I installed the creators update? Searching for an answer It looks like I 'm way behind the...