Windows 10: Contacts in People app not linking to mail

Discus and support Contacts in People app not linking to mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Although I have added a new contact to people app and saved when I come to send an email the name is not shown in list of contacts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mike.Hussey3, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Contacts in People app not linking to mail

Although I have added a new contact to people app and saved when I come to send an email the name is not shown in list of contacts

:)

Mike.Hussey3, Jan 6, 2019

2. People app not syncing google contacts

I have the release Windows 10. I have successfully linked my google account, and mail and calendar seem to work fine. But not the people (contacts) app. The account is listed in People, I can tell it to sync, get no error message, but no contacts arrive. Am I missing something?

JoeInMexico, Jan 6, 2019
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Bronis Win User

Contacts in People app not linking to mail

Transfer Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Win 10 People app!

I've tried this, twice. The first time I got an error message saying that "something had gone wrong at our end" and the second time, I was told that "your address book already has all the contacts your are trying to import." Unfortunately, that isn't so: People shows only the three contacts I've added manually and although Mail seems to have access to about 20 odd contacts when I start a new email, I think they're all from recent email exchanges and certainly don't cover the 150 or so contacts I had in my LiveMail contacts list.

What's more, People doesn't show the contacts that Mail knows about! I take it that People should show all contacts that Mail suggests when I start typing in the "To" field.

Has anyone any ideas? Cheers...

Bronis, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Contacts in People app not linking to mail

1. Contacts in People app not linking to mail - Similar Threads - Contacts app linking

2. People App crashes when editing contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People App crashes when editing contacts: If I try to edit existing contacts in the People app it just closes. I can select a contact, and select the 'edit' button. When I hit the + symbol to e.g add a new phone number, People freezes for a few seconds and then closes. There is no error message....
  3. Contacts online not syncing in to people app.

Contacts online not syncing in to people app.: On behalf of an end user, I configured the Windows 10 mail app (because the far superior Windows Live Mail app has been retired by Microsoft). I exported his Windows Live Mail in to a CSV. I created a Microsoft account using his existing email address *** Email address is...
  4. Unlink combined contacts - People app

Unlink combined contacts - People app: I have just added a contact to the Windows 10 people app, and was given the choice of combining this contact with another. This I chose to do with a family member of my contact, but now all the telehone numbers are put together and I do not know which one goes with which...
  5. Windows 10 Mail, changing contact in people app not reflected in mail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail, changing contact in people app not reflected in mail: Hello everyone, My problem is that I have a contact with the wrong name. Lets say "Jane" and I have hundreds of emails from that address, but now I want to change her name to be correct. If I go to people app, find the profile and change the name, the change is not...
  6. Importing contacts to People app

Importing contacts to People app: Why isn't there a simple way to import .csv or .vcf files into the Windows 10 People app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/importing-contacts-to-people-app/0d68f2a1-021b-436f-a663-d6cfd36ed24a
  7. Transfer Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Win 10 People app!

in Browsers and Email
    Transfer Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Win 10 People app!: I've struggled all day with this one and cannot solve it! I have a CSV of my contacts on Win 7 Windows Live Mail. All I need to do is to import the CSV file into the People app on my new laptop but it doesn't seem possible . Surely I haven't got to re enter every contact? Any...
  8. People Contacts

in Browsers and Email
    People Contacts: When I open People in Win 10, several of my contacts are missing. I still have Win Live Mail 2012. I have to copy the missing contacts from Win Live mail to People. Does any one know why some of my contacts are missing in People? I tried to import my contacts from Win Live...
  9. People app not syncing google contacts

People app not syncing google contacts: I have the release Windows 10. I have successfully linked my google account, and mail and calendar seem to work fine. But not the people (contacts) app. The account is listed in People, I can tell it to sync, get no error message, but no contacts arrive. Am I missing...
  10. MS lets you link your Xbox contacts to the Windows 10 Rs People app

in Windows 10 News
    MS lets you link your Xbox contacts to the Windows 10 Rs People app: Microsoft lets you link your Xbox contacts to the Windows 10 'Redstone' People app In a surprising find, in the latest 'Redstone' Insider builds (Fast Ring) Microsoft is evidently expanding the People app with Xbox contact integration. The feature was brought to our...