Windows 10: Contacts in Windows 10 mail In

Discus and support Contacts in Windows 10 mail In in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In Windows 7 I had a long list of contacts in Windows Mail but when I opened Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 there is no contacts list or draft... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by willden, Jan 6, 2016.

1. willden Win User

Contacts in Windows 10 mail In

In Windows 7 I had a long list of contacts in Windows Mail but when I opened Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 there is no contacts list or draft folders.Is there any way I can add these to my mail account?.

:)

willden, Jan 6, 2016

2. Contacts from Mail in Vista to Mail in Windows 10

Hi Matti,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with importing the contacts in mail app on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to try to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: First try to export the contacts in csv file as instructed in below Microsoft Help Article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/import-export-change-format-contacts#1TC=windows-vista

Step 2: Then I suggest you to login to outlook.com website and try to extract the contact through it.

Step 3: After that, you need to configure mail app as IMAP account to receive the contacts.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-email

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Contacts from Mail in Vista to Mail in Windows 10

I exported the contacts as a csv file, but in importing to outlook.com, I received an answer:

"The file is empty or not in the correct format. Please choose different file."

It seems to me that I have to type all contacts that I need to People.

Thanks for trying.

MattiTakala, Jan 6, 2016
  4. D3LL Win User

Have you got the 'People' app? They may be in there?

D3LL, Jan 6, 2016
  5. DerDonc Win User
    Yeah, there´s a separate app.

DerDonc, Jan 6, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    I think I have given you this link on one of your other threads. But then again, my memory is not that great.

How do I import and export email, contacts, and calendars with Windows Live Mail?
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/w...backup-restore

The one below is a little "old". It was posted for Win 7 in 2011. However, it is still dealing with WLM and the steps and terminologies are basically the same.
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-contacts.html
    If I remember correctly, you do have a computer currently running Win 7.
    If yes, the tutorial will work for you.

Option One is to export Contacts from WLM in Windows 7.
    Option Two is to import Contacts to WLM in Windows 10.

*** make sure you export Contacts as a Comma separated values (.csv) File ***

davidhk, Jan 6, 2016
  7. willden Win User
    Bang on the nose,but why are they tucked away there and not amongst the mail contents.Another fine example of W10 obfuscating and trying to be too clever.Is there anyway I can move this list from *Tongueeople: to the mail content as in W7.

willden, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Contacts in Windows 10 mail In - Similar Threads - Contacts mail

2. Some of my contacts are receiving e-mails from gabrielcagfoc.hotmail.com using my name as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my contacts are receiving e-mails from gabrielcagfoc.hotmail.com using my name as...: Some of my contacts are receiving e-mails from gabrielcagfoc.hotmail.com and stating it's from me, Tony Bartolotti. The e-mail states its Pictures. Please check into this matter, so I can stop getting calls from my contacts wanting to know what's going on....
  3. Some of my contacts are receiving e-mails from gabrielcagfoc.hotmail.com using my name as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some of my contacts are receiving e-mails from gabrielcagfoc.hotmail.com using my name as...: Some of my contacts are receiving e-mails from gabrielcagfoc.hotmail.com and stating it's from me, Tony Bartolotti. The e-mail states its Pictures. Please check into this matter, so I can stop getting calls from my contacts wanting to know what's going on....
  4. how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?: HOW TO EXPORT CONTACTS as in PEOPLE used by MAIL/ So I canm use the new outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-contacts-as-in-people-used-by-mail/e4e5ad93-9693-4258-8a99-09534566ad0b
  5. how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?

how to export contacts as in PEOPLE used by MAIL to allow import into outlook?: HOW TO EXPORT CONTACTS as in PEOPLE used by MAIL/ So I canm use the new outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-contacts-as-in-people-used-by-mail/e4e5ad93-9693-4258-8a99-09534566ad0b
  6. I was using windows 10 e-mail. I lost all of my contacts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was using windows 10 e-mail. I lost all of my contacts.: I am using windows 10 e-mail.While using the e-mail a pop up window appeared asking if I wanted to share my contacts.I answered NO. Immediately my contact list disappeared and did not return. My people icon alsowould not open. A note on the pop up said that this could be...
  7. I was using windows 10 e-mail. I lost all of my contacts.

I was using windows 10 e-mail. I lost all of my contacts.: I am using windows 10 e-mail.While using the e-mail a pop up window appeared asking if I wanted to share my contacts.I answered NO. Immediately my contact list disappeared and did not return. My people icon alsowould not open. A note on the pop up said that this could be...
  8. I have lost access to my Contacts/People in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost access to my Contacts/People in Windows Mail: I have Windows 10. This morning when I opened Mail Contacts to find an email address, a pop up box asked something like 'Click if I wanted to give people access to my Contacts' I clicked 'no' as I assumed this was giving a permission to third parties etc. The pop up also said...
  9. I have lost access to my Contacts/People in Windows Mail

I have lost access to my Contacts/People in Windows Mail: I have Windows 10. This morning when I opened Mail Contacts to find an email address, a pop up box asked something like 'Click if I wanted to give people access to my Contacts' I clicked 'no' as I assumed this was giving a permission to third parties etc. The pop up also said...
  10. I have lost access to my Contacts/People in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Customization