Windows 10: Contacts in Windows 10 mail In

Discus and support Contacts in Windows 10 mail In in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In Windows 7 I had a long list of contacts in Windows Mail but when I opened Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 there is no contacts list or draft... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by willden, Jan 6, 2016.

1. willden Win User

Contacts in Windows 10 mail In

In Windows 7 I had a long list of contacts in Windows Mail but when I opened Windows Live Mail in Windows 10 there is no contacts list or draft folders.Is there any way I can add these to my mail account?.

:)

willden, Jan 6, 2016

2. Contacts from Mail in Vista to Mail in Windows 10

Hi Matti,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with importing the contacts in mail app on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to try to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: First try to export the contacts in csv file as instructed in below Microsoft Help Article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/import-export-change-format-contacts#1TC=windows-vista

Step 2: Then I suggest you to login to outlook.com website and try to extract the contact through it.

Step 3: After that, you need to configure mail app as IMAP account to receive the contacts.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-email

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Contacts from Mail in Vista to Mail in Windows 10

I exported the contacts as a csv file, but in importing to outlook.com, I received an answer:

"The file is empty or not in the correct format. Please choose different file."

It seems to me that I have to type all contacts that I need to People.

Thanks for trying.

MattiTakala, Jan 6, 2016
  4. D3LL Win User

Have you got the 'People' app? They may be in there?

D3LL, Jan 6, 2016
  5. DerDonc Win User
    Yeah, there´s a separate app.

DerDonc, Jan 6, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    I think I have given you this link on one of your other threads. But then again, my memory is not that great.

How do I import and export email, contacts, and calendars with Windows Live Mail?
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/w...backup-restore

The one below is a little "old". It was posted for Win 7 in 2011. However, it is still dealing with WLM and the steps and terminologies are basically the same.
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-contacts.html
    If I remember correctly, you do have a computer currently running Win 7.
    If yes, the tutorial will work for you.

Option One is to export Contacts from WLM in Windows 7.
    Option Two is to import Contacts to WLM in Windows 10.

*** make sure you export Contacts as a Comma separated values (.csv) File ***

davidhk, Jan 6, 2016
  7. willden Win User
    Bang on the nose,but why are they tucked away there and not amongst the mail contents.Another fine example of W10 obfuscating and trying to be too clever.Is there anyway I can move this list from *Tongueeople: to the mail content as in W7.

willden, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Contacts in Windows 10 mail In - Similar Threads - Contacts mail

2. Saving Mail App Contacts to People

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving Mail App Contacts to People: How can I save a person as a Contact when I receive an email from them? Whenever I received an email, the person used to be automatically saved in Contacts/People. Not anymore. Tapping on the person's email info only opens a reply. The only way I can save a Contact is by...
  3. Windows 10 Mail & People - Suggested Contacts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail & People - Suggested Contacts: Hello, I imported my Contacts from Windows Live Mail in Windows 7 into People on Windows 10 using a csv file. I got around 30 "Unnamed Contacts" which I deleted, but not sure where they came from. My problem is that when I try to send an email and click on the People button...
  4. My windows 10 mail doesn't have the add contact icon!!!???

My windows 10 mail doesn't have the add contact icon!!!???: I cannot find anywhere the add contact icon. People say there is the + icon in the dialogue when left click senders, but I don't have it! What makes? How to add contact then? My People app didn't syn properly as well?...
  5. Delete incorrect mail addresses no longer in contacts lists

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete incorrect mail addresses no longer in contacts lists: I am using windows 10 mail but am finding that some email addresses which are no longer correct are populated in the TO: line of a new email even though it no longer exists in my contacts address book. How do I delete these or manage the remembered address lists? I used to...
  6. How can I import contacts into the latest version of Mail in Windows 10

How can I import contacts into the latest version of Mail in Windows 10: If I go to https://outlook.live.com/people/ I can see my contacts listed. I cannot see any way of importing these contacts into the Mail App in windows 10. A pointer in how to do this would be appreciated. Thank you...
  7. Gmail Contacts and Windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gmail Contacts and Windows 10 mail: I have recently downloaded Windows 10 and set up several email accounts I have to be accessible through the Windows mail. All my contacts are in my Gmail account. However, about 20% of my contacts have not synced over to Windows 10. How do I resolve this?...
  8. Windows Live Mail support for the Contacts folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Mail support for the Contacts folder: I moved Windows Live from an old computer to a new computer. The mail folder works and I am getting email. However, my contacts didn't move over. In Contacts, it is asking for my Microsoft password. I gave it the password and it is stated it was the wrong password. I...
  9. window mail importing contacts

window mail importing contacts: I have contacts exported from outlook that I would like to import into mail. In these contacts I have groups. I see some (very old) contacts show up in my people but nothing current. How can I make a direct import into this program?...
  10. Lost Windows Mail Contacts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Windows Mail Contacts: Suddenly lost all contacts in my Windows Mail, using Microsoft 10 for long time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-windows-mail-contacts/217b0133-c25e-48e6-a329-bf317ea11af2