Windows 10: Contacts in Windows 10 Mail - not in People app...how do I retrieve them to put in csv file?

Discus and support Contacts in Windows 10 Mail - not in People app...how do I retrieve them to put in csv file? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am not sure how this happened but...ALL my contacts can be found in the Windows 10 Mail app. I also want them in Outlook 2016 but can't seem to find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarkFriedrich1, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Contacts in Windows 10 Mail - not in People app...how do I retrieve them to put in csv file?

I am not sure how this happened but...ALL my contacts can be found in the Windows 10 Mail app. I also want them in Outlook 2016 but can't seem to find a method to do that. If I go to the People app - NONE of the contacts are there, so I can't export to csv file. Any ideas - what obvious thing have I missed?

:)

MarkFriedrich1, Sep 22, 2018

2. Adding contacts to People in Windows Mail using csv. file

Hi John,

The People app is great for consolidating all your contact lists beneficial in using the Windows 10 Mail app. About your concern in importing your contacts using a .csv file into the People app, we recommend that you follow the procedures provided by
    Sayan_Ghosh found on this thread:
    Importing Contacts in Windows 10
    . This will walk you through the steps of obtaining your .csv file so you can add your contacts using an Outlook account.

Do not hesitate to post back should you need additional assistance.

Dhavelyn Mer, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Louie Del Win User
    How to Import Outlook 2007 .CSV files into Windows 10 Mail People file on a new PC. Windows 10 Mail or Outlook 2007 on a new PC?

Hi,

The most convenient way of copying contacts is through the use of the
    CSV
    file format. You can either import or export from programs that store data in tables. If you’ve already exported the address book in CSV file and import it to Windows 10 Mail and People app, we suggest that you use Outlook.com to sync the contacts.
    Here are the steps that you can follow:

• Launch Microsoft Edge browser or Internet Explorer. Then, go to the Outlook.com website.
    • Sign in to your Microsoft account.
    • Click the Settings menu.
    • Click People.
    • Click Import contacts.
    • Click Browse. Look for the CSV file that you’ve saved.
    • Click Open, then select Upload.

After you’ve successfully imported the contacts, launch the People app and add the same Microsoft account that you’ve used when you signed in to Outlook.com, then contacts will be synced already.

Let us know if your concern has been resolved.

Louie Del, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Contacts in Windows 10 Mail - not in People app...how do I retrieve them to put in csv file?

add mail contacts to People

Hi Karen,

Regarding your concern, since you already downloaded a .csv file of your Yahoo contacts to your computer, we can import them the other way around since People App doesn't have a built-in option to import contacts directly. To import contacts to the People
    App using a .csv file, please do the following steps:

• On your browser, sign in your account at
      https://people.live.com
    • Select Manage, then choose Import contacts.
    • Choose Yahoo Mail.
    • Click Browse and locate the .csv file of your Yahoo contacts to start importing them.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Ariel Acu, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Contacts in Windows 10 Mail - not in People app...how do I retrieve them to put in csv file?

1. Contacts in Windows 10 Mail - not in People app...how do I retrieve them to put in csv file? - Similar Threads - Contacts Mail app

2. How do I retrieve Contacts in windows Live Mail 2012?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I retrieve Contacts in windows Live Mail 2012?: How do I find my contacts in Windows Live Mail 2012 after they disappeared? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-retrieve-contacts-in-windows-live-mail/d4f14ece-1d32-460c-8bc5-800c4888f3b1
  3. How do I restore Contacts for .. People app. People app not showing contacts after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore Contacts for .. People app. People app not showing contacts after...: Although I thought I had copied the relevant data ... that attempt failed. How do I locate my people data? Is it automatically on the Windows account? Can I ask People to read some data explicitly? Is there a windows web page to see my contacts? The original computer is...
  4. how to import contact csv file into live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to import contact csv file into live mail: How do I import contacts csv file into Windows Live Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-import-contact-csv-file-into-live-mail/f0dd966c-0a74-4a2a-b564-8d96d1424568
  5. How can I import a CSV file of CONTACTS into Windows 10 MAIL?

How can I import a CSV file of CONTACTS into Windows 10 MAIL?: the question is "How can I import a CSV file of CONTACTS into Windows 10 MAIL?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-import-a-csv-file-of-contacts-into/88f590f5-0ed5-4ab3-b34f-766335300aec
  6. Saving Mail App Contacts to People

Saving Mail App Contacts to People: How can I save a person as a Contact when I receive an email from them? Whenever I received an email, the person used to be automatically saved in Contacts/People. Not anymore. Tapping on the person's email info only opens a reply. The only way I can save a Contact is by...
  7. Importing contacts to Mail app using .csv file

Importing contacts to Mail app using .csv file: I have 3 questions regarding issues I'm having with Windows 10 Mail. (1) When typing a particular contact's name (same for several actually) within an email, two or more options pop-up. One of them is correct and the other options are totally wrong - i.e. not any contacts...
  8. Contacts in People app not linking to mail

Contacts in People app not linking to mail: Although I have added a new contact to people app and saved when I come to send an email the name is not shown in list of contacts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-in-people-app-not-linking-to-mail/57d799bb-8a10-4db7-be9e-32c8389b94a0
  9. Windows Mail/People import CSV file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail/People import CSV file: I see some articles here that must be using a different Windows Mail, because mine does not look like what they say. In 'About' mine says version 16005.10827.20137.0. Is that the correct one?? If so, can I import contacts?...
  10. How do I export AOL contacts to a CSV file?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I export AOL contacts to a CSV file?: A friend of mine is wanting to change from AOL to Gmail. He has more than 100 contacts and of course doesn't want to retype each one. I can't find export on my friend's AOL mail account. I've posted this question using a Google search and there are several responses and even...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone retrieve contact saved people app

2. windows 10 people import csv

3. windows mail contact not in people app

4. can you retrieve contacts in win 10 people app,
  5. windows 10 people app import csv,
  6. contacts app for windows 10 windows csv