Windows 10: contacts into the people app

Discus and support contacts into the people app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am setting up Windows 10 for a friend who uses an email provider where the contacts list does not appear to be compatible with the People App. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by UK.Alan, Feb 2, 2020.

1. UK.Alan Win User

contacts into the people app

I am setting up Windows 10 for a friend who uses an email provider where the contacts list does not appear to be compatible with the People App.

I have saved the contacts list that was in windows live mail, stored on the windows 7 machine, as a csv file and vcf files.

I can get the contacts into my microsoft account and it will sync with the People App, but if I remove the account, the contacts are removed.

How can I get the contacts into the People App, so that the mail app will work, without having an account linked to the People App.

:)

UK.Alan, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Unlink combined contacts - People app

Hi Ninaco,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

The People app is your address book. Combine contacts is a feature to link duplicates to a single contact to avoid confusion. To overcome the issue you’re facing, I suggest you to try the steps listed below:

Method 1

Unlink Contacts:

• Open People app, click on the contact that is linked, and select
      See More on the right pane.
    • Click on Separate for the contact you want to unlink.

Method 2

Reset People app:

If you’ve multiple contacts that are linked, resetting People app would unlink contacts and put everything in place.

• Exit People app, if open.
    • Open Settings and click on Apps.
    • Locate People app on the right pane and choose
      Advanced Options.
    • Click on Reset.

Once reset is complete, open People app to see if the contacts are still linked.

For more information regarding People app, refer People app help

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Deleted Skype Contacts Still in the People App

Hi Mateja,

From your issue description, I understand that you want to remove Skype contacts from People app. Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to hide Skype contacts by applying filter and check if this helps.

Follow these steps:

• Open People app and click on Settings.
    • Now click on Filter contact list.
    • Uncheck Skype from list and click on Done.
    You may also delete contacts manually.

Right click on contact name one by one and click on Delete.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 2, 2020
  4. contacts into the people app

People app not syncing google contacts

I have the release Windows 10. I have successfully linked my google account, and mail and calendar seem to work fine. But not the people (contacts) app. The account is listed in People, I can tell it to sync, get no error message, but no contacts arrive. Am I missing something?

JoeInMexico, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

contacts into the people app

1. contacts into the people app - Similar Threads - contacts app

2. App can't run on your computer contact software publisher

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App can't run on your computer contact software publisher: App can't run on your computer contact software publisher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-cant-run-on-your-computer-contact-software/0c726de5-d25e-4d5e-b781-89546ab18a68
  3. App can't run on your computer contact software publisher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App can't run on your computer contact software publisher: App can't run on your computer contact software publisher https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-cant-run-on-your-computer-contact-software/0c726de5-d25e-4d5e-b781-89546ab18a68
  4. Microsoft Roblox App Freezing - Windows 11. MS CONTACT ROBLOX TO FIX THEIR APP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Roblox App Freezing - Windows 11. MS CONTACT ROBLOX TO FIX THEIR APP: Ive been using MS Roblox app for years. Over the last few months I suspect Roblox update is causing alot of issues with Freezing and crashing going from all the issues that have been raised on MS forums over the last 3 or 4 months. I am at 40 useless responses from Roblox....
  5. Microsoft Roblox App Freezing - Windows 11. MS CONTACT ROBLOX TO FIX THEIR APP

Microsoft Roblox App Freezing - Windows 11. MS CONTACT ROBLOX TO FIX THEIR APP: Ive been using MS Roblox app for years. Over the last few months I suspect Roblox update is causing alot of issues with Freezing and crashing going from all the issues that have been raised on MS forums over the last 3 or 4 months. I am at 40 useless responses from Roblox....
  6. W11 Pro & iPhone 13 Pro Max Phone Link App contacts not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 Pro & iPhone 13 Pro Max Phone Link App contacts not working properly: Hello,I am also starting to use the Windows 11 Phone Link app with my Apple devices. I currently only have it synced with my iPhone 13 Pro Max. I am having problems with being able to create new SMS messages to send to people that are not already showing up in the messages...
  7. W11 Pro & iPhone 13 Pro Max Phone Link App contacts not working properly

W11 Pro & iPhone 13 Pro Max Phone Link App contacts not working properly: Hello,I am also starting to use the Windows 11 Phone Link app with my Apple devices. I currently only have it synced with my iPhone 13 Pro Max. I am having problems with being able to create new SMS messages to send to people that are not already showing up in the messages...
  8. the configuration data for this app is corrupt. contact the app vendor for help. 0x8007064a

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the configuration data for this app is corrupt. contact the app vendor for help. 0x8007064a: How to fic The configuration data for this app is corrupt. contact the app vendor for help. 0x8007064a.While installing sentinel software manually software is installing, but while installing through WINapp32 iam getting above error....
  9. the configuration data for this app is corrupt. contact the app vendor for help. 0x8007064a

the configuration data for this app is corrupt. contact the app vendor for help. 0x8007064a: How to fic The configuration data for this app is corrupt. contact the app vendor for help. 0x8007064a.While installing sentinel software manually software is installing, but while installing through WINapp32 iam getting above error....
  10. the configuration data for this app is corrupt. contact the app vendor for help. 0x8007064a

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade