Windows 10: Contacts search not working

Discus and support Contacts search not working in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi, I am using Office 2013 Home & Business, and I have 2 contacts address books: "My Contacts" and "public_contacts". When I click on my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by mibaup, Jun 15, 2021.

1. mibaup Win User

Contacts search not working

Hi, I am using Office 2013 Home & Business, and I have 2 contacts address books: "My Contacts" and "public_contacts". When I click on my "public_contacts" - they show up normally in Outlook, with all the details, but when I type any letter in the search box, I get empty results and Outlook writes that it couldn't find any contact What is the problem? Thanks

:)

mibaup, Jun 15, 2021
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 15, 2021
  4. thesaint2 Win User

new contacts not useable

Good Morning Ken & Helmut,
    Ken, the "Mail" contacts list works for all current contacts - but not for newly inserted contacts, even after a reset of the laptop.

Helmut, Thanks for your suggestions, I will try them as soon as I get a chance.

thesaint2, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Contacts search not working - Similar Threads - Contacts search working

2. Share, Search For Contact, Recommended Contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share, Search For Contact, Recommended Contacts: I have old Contacts appearing, I have deleted old contacts but still have phantom contacts appearing...Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-search-for-contact-recommended-contacts/b56368c5-2539-45cb-9fc3-1aca858011ff
  3. Share, Search For Contact, Recommended Contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share, Search For Contact, Recommended Contacts: I have old Contacts appearing, I have deleted old contacts but still have phantom contacts appearing...Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-search-for-contact-recommended-contacts/b56368c5-2539-45cb-9fc3-1aca858011ff
  4. Share > Search for contact > Recommended Contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share > Search for contact > Recommended Contacts: On Windows 11, when you right-click a file to share, it is showing contacts that are not saved anywhere on my account. Where are these being stored? I checked my Outlook account, Peoples app, Teams synced contacts, and none of these emails are present there. I'm referring to...
  5. Share > Search for contact > Recommended Contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share > Search for contact > Recommended Contacts: On Windows 11, when you right-click a file to share, it is showing contacts that are not saved anywhere on my account. Where are these being stored? I checked my Outlook account, Peoples app, Teams synced contacts, and none of these emails are present there. I'm referring to...
  6. Contacts search not working - Office 2019 Home and Business

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Contacts search not working - Office 2019 Home and Business: Hello, I have over 3000 contacts in my "Other Contacts" folder. They all show up there, but when I use the search function to look for a specific person, I get "No results". *Edit: I have two offices on two computers: One is Office 2013 Home and Business and the other is...
  7. Recognising my contacts with auto fill and search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recognising my contacts with auto fill and search: outlook mail Version 16005.12827.20400.0 - i dont really know my way around this , but some contacts are not recognised when i try auto fill an emai address - I have noticed that on one person his email address is listed with the first letter of his first name whereas new...
  8. Outlook 2019 search not working in contacts, calendar and emails

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2019 search not working in contacts, calendar and emails: Hi I have just upgraded from my trusty Outlook 2007 to the new Office 2019 suite of programs. The new Outlook 2019 has been an absolute nightmare in so much as I was not able to search my calendar, contacts, and emails. Read numerous other forums for help and spent days...
  9. icloud contacts not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    icloud contacts not working: removed and reinstalled iCloud 3 times. still not working with Microsoft mail and contacts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-contacts-not-working/53742ba3-a4b4-4758-a066-e04ac1282004
  10. My Search for Contacts does not work.

in Cortana
    My Search for Contacts does not work.: With Windows 10, my Outlook 16 does rarely works when I Search for a Contact. How can I resolve this issue? Thank You... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-for-contacts-does-not-work/33890d31-6ded-4f59-86ff-b6e5cbcfa42c"