Windows 10: Containers and Hypervisor use? Is HSN networking containers illusive? Or just standard...

Discus and support Containers and Hypervisor use? Is HSN networking containers illusive? Or just standard... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello with Containers turned off does Windows 10 create containers for Windows Advanced firewall for use with Hypervisor-V? [ATTACH] There is not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jonathan Lee jlee102, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Containers and Hypervisor use? Is HSN networking containers illusive? Or just standard...

Hello with Containers turned off does Windows 10 create containers for Windows Advanced firewall for use with Hypervisor-V?

Containers and Hypervisor use? Is HSN networking containers illusive? Or just standard... 10024cec-a3c9-407f-9799-ec5b7d381b4c?upload=true.png

There is not much information about what "HNS containers" are used for.

I would think it would say Hypervisor Containers, or default Windows Containers. The terms are illusive here. Can anyone direct me on what to look into for HNS containers?

If this is used for Hypervisor-V my system has 2 VMs I run inside of Hypervisor-V and 1 I have with VMware installed with one VM. 3 VMs total.

If I delete the containers they come back on next reboot, even if I do not start the VMs. This I see as a issue, if it is truly isolated virtual machines for Windows 10 pro Hypervisor-V, why recreate open firewall rules after you remove the ACLs? Even if you do not restart the VMs after removal of the ACLs they are recreated. This is working in reverse of isolation it creates the ACLs for the containers and does not let you delete them even when the VMs are not in use. Even if you are not using the VMs. This is leaving the VM network now non isolated from the firewall rules when in non use.

I see this as a security issue if your not running a isolated VM then why does the firewall rules still reside created a non isolated environment inside of the Windows Firewall with rules that open up ports.

Can anyone help?

I also loaded docker desktop and reset the docker containers I did not have any running inside of Docker Desktop.

My system is not on a Domain. It is a personal Laptop I have to do College work with.

Containers and Hypervisor use? Is HSN networking containers illusive? Or just standard... 86b65cc6-81f3-44ce-9144-7c5ce28f485a?upload=true.png

If I toggle the containers the ACL rules are still present.

Where does the containers tool reside? I would like to delete them if they are not needed or no longer in used?

How can I scan containers for invasive use if they are isolated?

This option states this provides tools to work with containers where are the container tools located?

The containers or list can be attached here for review also.

:)

Jonathan Lee jlee102, Nov 24, 2020
  2. Callender Win User

Comodo show contained / blocked files that are still there and working

It's pretty much the same in terms of configuration.

Reset the conatiner:

Reset The Container, Container Computer Security, Network Access | Internet Security

Check containment settings and exclusions:

Containment Settings, Containment Computer Security, Desktop Software | Internet Security

Check auto containment rules:

Auto-Containment Rules, Containment Security Software | Internet Security | COMODO

Check file rating settings to configure what runs in the container:

File Rating Settings, Virus Protection, Internet Protection | CIS Help | COMODO

Check file list and change ratings if necessary:

Comodo Internet Security File List, Internet Protection | COMODO

If your problem is understanding configuration - use something else.

Callender, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Bringing GPU acceleration to Windows containers

Source: Bringing GPU acceleration to Windows containers - Microsoft Tech Community - 393939

Brink, Nov 24, 2020
  4. carsonsw Win User

Containers and Hypervisor use? Is HSN networking containers illusive? Or just standard...

Does OneNote for Windows 10 use containers?

Hey William,

By default, note containers appear on a page whenever you move the pointer over them or when you select them. You can turn this option on or off.

Choose File > Options.

If you're using OneNote 2007, on the Tools menu, click Options.

In the Category list, under Display, do one of the following:

To turn note containers on, select the Show note containers on pages check box.

To turn note containers off, clear the Show note containers on pages check box.

Note: Turning off note containers affects only the display of their borders and context menus. It does not hide the contents of the containers. Regardless of whether the setting is on or off, notes stored in existing note containers on a page remain visible.

Regards,

Carson

carsonsw, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Containers and Hypervisor use? Is HSN networking containers illusive? Or just standard...

1. Containers and Hypervisor use? Is HSN networking containers illusive? Or just standard... - Similar Threads - Containers Hypervisor HSN

2. Devices in Container

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices in Container: OS - Microsoft Windows 11 HomeI've mentioned an article below, and trying to achieve that outcome. But when I followed the instruction I ended up getting an error.." class/86E0D1E0-8089-11D0-9CE4-08003E301F73 is not an absolute path."I'm running Docker Desktop 4.28.0Reference...
  3. Devices in Container

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Devices in Container: OS - Microsoft Windows 11 HomeI've mentioned an article below, and trying to achieve that outcome. But when I followed the instruction I ended up getting an error.." class/86E0D1E0-8089-11D0-9CE4-08003E301F73 is not an absolute path."I'm running Docker Desktop 4.28.0Reference...
  4. Peeling the layers of Collision for Containers, virtual, ROM Persistant, intel hypervisor...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Peeling the layers of Collision for Containers, virtual, ROM Persistant, intel hypervisor...: I'm trying to help my mother return her pc back to having a functional and cohesive SYSTEM like it had been prior to windows 10 but she's created such a mess after ignoring some failed problems in the past that have totally made windows 10 incapable of reliable processing...
  5. Hostname contains username

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hostname contains username: My PC‘s name is just "Desktop-Fabian", but whenever I log into any network, it shows up as "Desktop-Fabian — fabsch2003", where "fabsch2003" is my username. Is there any way to stop Windows from adding it to the hostname? Edit: It‘s not depending on whether I connect wired or...
  6. What is "HNS Container Networking" and why is it....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is "HNS Container Networking" and why is it....: I've never seen this before. I try to do a search and I find tons of techinbabel on how it works but nothing telling me "why". Windows is trying to add an allow rule to my firewall for "HNS Container Networking - DNS (UDP-In)". Can anyone give me a simple reason "why" my...
  7. What is "HNS Container Networking" and why is it....

in Windows 10 Support
    What is "HNS Container Networking" and why is it....: I've never seen this before. I try to do a search and I find tons of techinbabel on how it works but nothing telling me "why". Windows is trying to add an allow rule to my firewall for "HNS Container Networking - DNS (UDP-In)". Can anyone give me a simple reason "why" my...
  8. Win32 Container for Windows

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win32 Container for Windows: Hi, Are there plans to put the Win32 container from 10X onto Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win32-container-for-windows/2cd235ef-0147-4c8f-86b6-4afe8eeec9dd
  9. Anyone out there using an encrypted container on OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Anyone out there using an encrypted container on OneDrive?: Would like to know whether there is anyone out there who has experience with using an encrypted container (such as with Veracrypt or Bestcrypt) on OneDrive that is located on a different drive. Not file encryption, container encryption. How is one using it? Merely as backup...
  10. windowsservercore container on 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windowsservercore container on 1809: Hi, I just got a fresh upgrade to Win 10 Pro. I'm trying to grab a docker container for windows server core, but I keep getting an error saying that no manifest is available. This error would probably, normally, indicate that there is a build/kernel mismatch. However,...