Windows 10: Contana SEarch & File Explore Font TYPE Change

Discus and support Contana SEarch & File Explore Font TYPE Change in Cortana to solve the problem; After the .NET Framework 3.5 & 4.8 update, File Explorer fonts changed and can not be changed back to their previous settings. I followed all of the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Charlie_724, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Contana SEarch & File Explore Font TYPE Change

After the .NET Framework 3.5 & 4.8 update, File Explorer fonts changed and can not be changed back to their previous settings. I followed all of the posted recommendations and nothing works. The registry entries look correct. Also, Windows seems to switch between the Contana magnifying glass on the taskbar and the search box on the taskbar. When the search box appears, the appropriate selected Font TYPE is correctly displayed in File Explorer, but then a few seconds later it changes all by itself back to the Contana magnifying glass and the File Explorer fonts return to its new normal font Size and Type which I do not like. From what I have observed this automatic switching seems to happen only once per login session. How does one fix this behavior which started after the most recent .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 update for x64. Everything still worked fine after the Win 10 v2004 update and before the .NET Framework update.

Additional. I have a x64 Dell 2-in-1 Laptop which is oriented on it long side. The reason I mention this is that before these two updates, windows would periodically "flash" the screen I guess it's trying to lock in the screen size resulting in all MS Office programs having the items on the ribbon bar changes font size and positions. Meaning, when I'm in Word which by the way I have Office Professional 2016 and after the update, MS gave me office 365 which I don't like the options on the ribbon bar extend the full width of the word window, but after the "flash" everything is squeezed to the left and made smaller. After about 15 minutes or so, the screen "flashes" again and everything on the Word ribbon returns to normal. This "flashing" behavior happens constantly, about every hour or so. I'm not saying that the behavior reported above is related to this but just noting that perhaps because I have a 2-in-1, they may be relaterd.

:)

Charlie_724, Jul 21, 2020

2. Issue with Fonts in search results and home page

Hi Eric,

I would suggest you to search for Font settings using Search and then click on “Change Font settings”. Click on
    Restore default font settings and check if it helps.

If the issue is not resolved, I would suggest you to perform System File Checker (SFC) scan. System File Checker is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files. Follow these steps to
    run the command and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type ‘sfc /scannow’ without quotes and press Enter.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jul 21, 2020
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 21, 2020
  4. Contana SEarch & File Explore Font TYPE Change

Font changed in text boxes after installing windows 10 in internet explorer and edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to search for Font settings using Search and then click on “Change Font settings”. Click on
    Restore default font settings and check if it helps.

If the issue is not resolved, I would suggest you to perform System File Checker (SFC) scan. System File Checker is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files. Follow these steps to
    run the command and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type ‘sfc /scannow’ without quotes and press Enter.

Let us know the results.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Contana SEarch & File Explore Font TYPE Change

1. Contana SEarch & File Explore Font TYPE Change - Similar Threads - Contana SEarch File

2. Search font changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search font changed: Hello, my font for the search bar for windows has changed It has changed from Segoe UI to SimSun. I've tried to reset the default font but that hasn't worked. And when I made a new user account the search bar was Segoe UI font....
  3. File Explorer Search While Typing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Search While Typing: Hello, I have recently purchased a new laptop with Windows 10. On this laptop's version of Windows 10, File Explorer does not search while I type my search request, unlike on my old laptop's probably seriously out-of-date version. I would like File Explorer to search while...
  4. Change font color on "Type here to search" box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change font color on "Type here to search" box: Hello, when I enter text in the "Type here to search" box, that next to the Windows icon, it is white and the text that I type also appears in white so my question is, how do I change the color of the text in the "Type here to search" to black? Thank you Bob...
  5. Change size of fonts in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Change size of fonts in file explorer: I've red all the tutorials and post that I could find about changing font size in files explorer but I think some settings have changed in newer versions of Win 10. for example it says to do the following to change font size. [img] However as you can see in my version if...
  6. search in Explore File by type automaticlly

search in Explore File by type automaticlly: Hi , i dont know why but something happend and its didnt work i want when im search in Explore File its show results only by type without enter i mean even u type 1 key its start search automatic. if have someone have idea how fix that ?...
  7. search as i am typing in file explorer ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    search as i am typing in file explorer ?: is there an option to select which allows me to search the file explorer as soon as i start typing ? Right now i have to press enter everytime i type something. This restricts me from seeing partially matched search results. submitted by /u/dante69007 [link] [comments]...
  8. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing File Type Views in Explorer: I have many, many photo and video files separated into many subfolders. I'd like to change all of certain types of files to a different view: all video files to extra large icons, for instance. The trouble is, I don't want to change the icon for the subfolders they're...
  9. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Changing File Type Views in Explorer: I have many, many photo and video files separated into many subfolders. I'd like to change all of certain types of files to a different view: all video files to extra large icons, for instance. The trouble is, I don't want to change the icon for the subfolders they're...
  10. Changing File Type Views in Explorer