Windows 10: Content Advisor enabled but not working - solutions/alternatives?

Discus and support Content Advisor enabled but not working - solutions/alternatives? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; First of all, I have to clarify that I use Windows 10 and IE 11. Currently, I have managed to enable Content Advisor and add several websites to the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Clueless, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Clueless Win User

Content Advisor enabled but not working - solutions/alternatives?

First of all, I have to clarify that I use Windows 10 and IE 11.

Currently, I have managed to enable Content Advisor and add several websites to the 'always block specific websites' list. However, I can still access all those websites without interference, even though their urls are exactly the same as those on the blocked list. How can I ensure that Content Advisor is functioning as intended?

Aside from that, are there viable alternatives to Content Advisor for website blocking? I hope to block certain websites to maintain my focus during work, so setting up a child account and restricting that isn't an option. I also do not wish to pay for any software, if possible.

:)

Clueless, Aug 27, 2015

2. Content Advisor

Content Advisor will not work in Internet Explorer 11 on a new machine running Windows 10. The advisor is enabled and active with a password set yet it does not block any web traffic. Anyone have an idea how to get it to work?

KDonovan#31, Aug 27, 2015
  3. Content Advisor

Thank you for your reply. All the steps you provided had already been done. The Content Advisor is enabled and active, with an administrator password, it simply does not work.

KDonovan#31, Aug 27, 2015
  4. Content Advisor enabled but not working - solutions/alternatives?

Hi Clueless,

Did you ever find a solution to the above issue? I'm facing the same issue in IE11 on Win10.

Cheers

scottellis477, Apr 10, 2016
Thema:

Content Advisor enabled but not working - solutions/alternatives?

1. Content Advisor enabled but not working - solutions/alternatives? - Similar Threads - Content Advisor enabled

2. contact an advisor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    contact an advisor: Hello, does anyone know how to get in contact with an advisor? There is a charge being made to an account and I don't have access to an account. I want to cancel the subscription, but I don't know how to do so without access....
  3. contact an advisor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    contact an advisor: Hello, does anyone know how to get in contact with an advisor? There is a charge being made to an account and I don't have access to an account. I want to cancel the subscription, but I don't know how to do so without access....
  4. contact an advisor

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Alternative to teamviewer, is there a physical solution?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alternative to teamviewer, is there a physical solution?: I recently used teamviewer to connect two laptop and to control the first laptop with the second one. It worked pretty well but I find teamviewer to be a little slow and laggy at times. Is there an alternative that provides a better speed? The two laptop are close by so a...
  6. macOS Show Package Contents Windows alternative?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    macOS Show Package Contents Windows alternative?: How can I view the package contents of a file on Windows? submitted by /u/Michael12390 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jy4z2z/macos_show_package_contents_windows_alternative/
  7. Working alternative Sata HD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Working alternative Sata HD: Kind of ironic that my Win7-64 MB failed after MS pulled support 3 months ago. No complaints. It was 10 years of faultless operation, So, new Desktop time. I have kept the 3 HD's that comprised my storage on the Win7 PC. No.1 has the Win7-64 OS and all programs that I used....
  8. alternatives to belarc advisor

alternatives to belarc advisor: Are there any alternatives to belarc advisor? 129796
  9. Content Advisor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Content Advisor: How do I enable Content Advisor on Windows 10 Enterprise? There is not a "content" folder in the group policy editor. Any help is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/content-advisor/c2b4d3a0-a043-4ca1-bfad-4edd75b45bfb
  10. import photos and videos from iPhone, alternative solutions

import photos and videos from iPhone, alternative solutions: Import photos and videos wizard was a very good tool to import media from iPhone to PC and most important to assort them in FOLDERS by date. My question is, is there an application (even paid) or alternative wizard to do the same process? I am using Win 10. 89782