Windows 10: Content Advisor

Discus and support Content Advisor in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I enable Content Advisor on Windows 10 Enterprise? There is not a "content" folder in the group policy editor. Any help is appreciated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrianFC911, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Content Advisor

How do I enable Content Advisor on Windows 10 Enterprise? There is not a "content" folder in the group policy editor. Any help is appreciated.

:)

BrianFC911, Sep 6, 2018

2. Content Advisor

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

We understand your concern and will certainly assist you to solve it.

Since you are not able to enable your content advisor in internet explorer 11, please follow the given steps to troubleshoot.

STEP 1: Enable Content advisor

• Press Windows Key + R combination, type put
      gpedit.msc in Run dialog box and hit
      Enter to open the Local Group Policy Editor.

• Go to: User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Explorer -> Internet Control Panel -> Content Page

• At this stage, your Group Policy window would resemble the one shown above. Here double click on the policy
      Show Content Advisor on Internet Options and select
      Enabled and then click on Apply followed by
      OK. You may now close the Local Group Policy Editor window.

• Now press Windows Key + R, type
      inetcpl.cpl in the Run dialog box and hit
      Enter. Now switch to the Content tab in the window that follows immediately.

• For the Content Advisor subheading in
      Internet Properties window, click Enable. Provide the administrative privileges if required. Now in the following window, you can select what kind of filtering you need according to your requirements. Click
      Apply, OK when you’re done.

STEP 2: Select content rating levels

• On the Tools menu, click
      Internet Options, and then click the Content tab.

• In the Content Advisor area, click Settings.

• In the Password box, type your supervisor password, and then click
      OK.

• On the Ratings tab, select the
      Language, Nudity,
      , or Violence ratings category

• Drag the slider to the appropriate content level for the selected category. The default setting for each category is Level 0, which is the most restrictive setting.

STEP 3: configure the list of approved and disapproved Web sites

Internet Options, and then click the Content tab.

• In the Content Advisor area, click Settings.

OK.

• Click the Approved Sites tab

• Type the URL for each Web site that your users can view regardless of its rating level, and then click
      always.

Type the URL for each Web site that your users can never view regardless of its rating level, and then click
    Never

Note: If you want to delete an approved or disapproved Web site, click the URL in the list, and then click
    remove

Step 4: configure user options for content ratings

Internet Options
      , and then click the Content tab.

• In the Content Advisor area, click
      Settings.

OK.

• Click the General tab.

• In the User options area, select the settings you want.

By doing this you can block the web traffic you want. To further troubleshoot please refer the following link:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd361897.aspx

Please let us know if the issue got resolved or you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet1709, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Clueless Win User
    Content Advisor enabled but not working - solutions/alternatives?

First of all, I have to clarify that I use Windows 10 and IE 11.

Currently, I have managed to enable Content Advisor and add several websites to the 'always block specific websites' list. However, I can still access all those websites without interference, even though their urls are exactly the same as those on the blocked list. How can I ensure that Content Advisor is functioning as intended?

Aside from that, are there viable alternatives to Content Advisor for website blocking? I hope to block certain websites to maintain my focus during work, so setting up a child account and restricting that isn't an option. I also do not wish to pay for any software, if possible.

Clueless, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Content Advisor

Content Advisor

Thank you for your reply. All the steps you provided had already been done. The Content Advisor is enabled and active, with an administrator password, it simply does not work.

KDonovan#31, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Content Advisor

1. Content Advisor - Similar Threads - Content Advisor

2. How to disable content adaptive brightness on a desktop on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable content adaptive brightness on a desktop on Windows 11?: HiI have a new desktop PC running Windows 11 with an NVIDIA Geforce 4060 Ti graphics card. Whenever I open a program with a dark background, the screen automatically dims, to the extent that the content is very hard to read. This is annoying for some apps but renders e.g....
  3. How to disable content adaptive brightness on a desktop on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable content adaptive brightness on a desktop on Windows 11?: HiI have a new desktop PC running Windows 11 with an NVIDIA Geforce 4060 Ti graphics card. Whenever I open a program with a dark background, the screen automatically dims, to the extent that the content is very hard to read. This is annoying for some apps but renders e.g....
  4. Your admin is not allowing you to access content from error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Your admin is not allowing you to access content from error: When I tried launching Honkai Star Rail today it said this:This content is blockedFor your protection your administrator is not allowing you to access content from -After it launches the computer closes it and shows this:I am the admin, hsr is perfectly safe, it was fine...
  5. Your admin is not allowing you to access content from error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your admin is not allowing you to access content from error: When I tried launching Honkai Star Rail today it said this:This content is blockedFor your protection your administrator is not allowing you to access content from -After it launches the computer closes it and shows this:I am the admin, hsr is perfectly safe, it was fine...
  6. Your admin is not allowing you to access content from error

7. Yahoo mail is updated, but it does not show screen contents on WIndows 11

Yahoo mail is updated, but it does not show screen contents on WIndows 11: All the messages on my Yahoo mail are updated, but when I try to see any of them, the email content keeps gray and the "loading" icon keeps running and the email is not show on screen. See attached image....
  8. Yahoo mail is updated, but it does not show screen contents on WIndows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo mail is updated, but it does not show screen contents on WIndows 11: All the messages on my Yahoo mail are updated, but when I try to see any of them, the email content keeps gray and the "loading" icon keeps running and the email is not show on screen. See attached image....
  9. How do I fix this? I can't see the content of the video on the icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix this? I can't see the content of the video on the icon: I can't see the content of the video on the icon it's just showing the icon of the software that can play it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-this-i-cant-see-the-content-of-the/6e159855-8e2d-4841-9014-7e0a6eb2781a
  10. Content Advisor enabled but not working - solutions/alternatives?

in Browsers and Email
    Content Advisor enabled but not working - solutions/alternatives?: First of all, I have to clarify that I use Windows 10 and IE 11. Currently, I have managed to enable Content Advisor and add several websites to the 'always block specific websites' list. However, I can still access all those websites without interference, even though...