Windows 10: Content.bin Large File

Discus and support Content.bin Large File in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I scanned my C drive and I came upon this file: "content.bin". What is this file? Is it safe to delete it? Its taking up 1.6GB!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChillingAstronaut_, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Content.bin Large File

I scanned my C drive and I came upon this file: "content.bin". What is this file? Is it safe to delete it? Its taking up 1.6GB!

:)

ChillingAstronaut_, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Content.bin Large File

Search Content of MHT files

Hi David,

Most probably, this is a problem with the search and indexing of your Windows 10 computer. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to clarify the following:

• Are you trying to search the content of MHT files using Cortana?
    • Have you tried searching it using the File Explorer?
    • Are you using a third-party app to search for the content of MHT files?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for search and indexing. To run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems.
    • Select Search and Indexing and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Content.bin Large File

1. Content.bin Large File - Similar Threads - Content bin Large

2. Deleting files too large for recycling bin not freeing up space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting files too large for recycling bin not freeing up space: When I delete files too large for the recycling bin it just disappears and it doesn’t free up space, after deleting I can’t find the files anywhere submitted by /u/Vireviper [link] [comments]...
  3. How can I recover a deleted file too large for recycling bin?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I recover a deleted file too large for recycling bin?: Good day, everyone. We just did a recording session which resulted in a 90GB video file. My buddy accidentally deleted the file when he was clearing up space and it was too large for the recycling bin. What can we use to recover the file? We haven't overwritten anything...
  4. Recycle Bin content in search results

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin content in search results: I was cleaning a second HD with lots of old files, starting with hundreds of images. To make my work easier, I set Explorer to show large icons. After I selected some files and deleted them, they were still there, showing names starting with $ and the Recycle Bin path. So I...
  5. Permanent Deletion of Recycle Bin Contents

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permanent Deletion of Recycle Bin Contents: I have a Bee-link PC running Windows 10, with a SSD Before donating it to someone I would like to permanently erase the Recycle Bin contents if that is possible. I understand that having an SSD it presents difficulties -- could anyone advise me of what software might be...
  6. Help identifying the contents of a large possible video file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Help identifying the contents of a large possible video file.: After looking thru the forum sections it seems this may be the best place to post this. I am wondering if anyone is aware of a program that can scan any type of file and report back as to what kind of content, if any, is actually in it, or if it's perhaps one of those fake...
  7. Contents of windows 10 notification very large

in Windows 10 Customization
    Contents of windows 10 notification very large: Everything was fine until today, I clicked the notification icon (bottom right) and everything inside is massive. I searched everywhere I could for a solution to no avail. Any help on restoring it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Richard[ATTACH]...
  8. .bin Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .bin Files: Which programme do I use to open .bin and .info files?These two files are on a dash cam website to update the firmware but each one says Windows can`t open this file,find a programme to do this. 125785
  9. Oddly named large file in recycle bin, safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Support
    Oddly named large file in recycle bin, safe to delete?: Hello. I was recently trying to to free up some space on my computer using a program, WizTree, to find the largest files on the computer. I noticed a file (path is below), that was taking up a significant amount of space. Does this file serve a particular purpose, or is it...
  10. DELETE Recycle Bin & Contents in Windows 10 ??

in Windows 10 Support
    DELETE Recycle Bin & Contents in Windows 10 ??: I used Unlocker to get rid of ALL the "Protected" Files I had in C:\ temp folder from a NovaBackup Restore. ALL deleted files t into the Recycle Bin. I forgot to change setting in Recycle Bin Properties to Delete files and NOT save them. Well, ALL the files are now in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete content.bin