Windows 10: Content blocked when opening an rtf document from network with Wordpad

Discus and support Content blocked when opening an rtf document from network with Wordpad in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. Whenever I try to open an rtf document from a network share with Wordpad, I get a security notice that says that content is blocked. Here is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LorenzoCoronati, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Content blocked when opening an rtf document from network with Wordpad

Hello.

Whenever I try to open an rtf document from a network share with Wordpad, I get a security notice that says that content is blocked.

Here is a snapshot (in Italian):

Content blocked when opening an rtf document from network with Wordpad b773b77a-df98-4619-a0b8-6055f215f03c?upload=true.png

I've tried to click both OK and Unlock, but nothing changes.

How can I unblock my documents?

Thanks

Lorenzo

:)

LorenzoCoronati, Feb 16, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

rtf. file

Hi Michelle,

Some documents when saved takes up space due to its components. For us to help you with your concern, we'd like to know if your rtf file has images on it.

Meanwhile, if your rtf file has pure texts, we suggest that you follow the steps below to reduce the size of your rtf file:

• Compose your rtf file in Microsoft Word.
    • Instead of saving, copy and paste your composition to WordPad. All the formatting is copied over too.
    • Save the document with WordPad, and you'll get a significantly smaller file.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Cannot select Wordpad as default for .rtf files

Hello!

Follow these steps to set your default application when launching .rtf files.

1. Right click where you want to create a new rich text file (.rtf).

2. Click New > Rich Text Document

3. Give your document a name; anything is fine.

4. Right click your newly created document

5. Click "Open with..."

6. Check "Always use this app to open .rtf files"

7. If WordPad is not already listed, you will need to find it in your PC's program files. To do this, follow Step 7a-7d.

7a. Scroll down and click "Look for another app on this PC"

7b. When the file explorer opens, find the folder "Windows NT" and double click it.

7c. Double click "Acessories"

7d. Double click "WordPad"

Your new file that you created should open in WordPad.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Have a nice day!

-Jared

JaredShaver, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Content blocked when opening an rtf document from network with Wordpad

Opening a "new" document type

I right click to open a new document...

it used to list wordpad (extension .rtf)

it doesn't list it anymore...

just text document (extension .txt)

how do i get the option for a wordpad document type back again

RobertSnowman, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Content blocked when opening an rtf document from network with Wordpad

1. Content blocked when opening an rtf document from network with Wordpad - Similar Threads - Content blocked opening

2. Opening Wordpad document in Word

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Opening Wordpad document in Word: Hi team. What would happen if I wrote a text in Wordpad and then opened it in Word? Would it mess up everything? Also, does anyone know whether a free Word Programme is included in Windows? I was going to pay to renew my subscription, but realised I already have access to...
  3. Wordpad document randomly lost some content

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wordpad document randomly lost some content: Hi. One of my wordpad documents, which I update regularly, has suddenly lost a couple days worth of content, despite the fact that I know I saved it the last time I had it open. This isn't the first time it's happened to one of my documents, but it is the first time it's...
  4. Security warning, some content is blocked when opening one of my rtf files

Security warning, some content is blocked when opening one of my rtf files: When I open one of my rtf files a popup displays: Security warning, some content is blocked Some content of this document has been blocked because the source of this document might not be trusted... I did a search on this & tried a number of things but can't get rid of this...
  5. Wordpad Document won't open in full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wordpad Document won't open in full: Hi Guys I have 2 Wordpad documents which are exactly the same size 20.6MB. One opens in full and the whole document is view-able, the other opens but only half the document is view-able although both are 20.6MB. Many thanks in advance. 143317
  6. WORDPAD: "some contents are blocked" message if an JPEG image is embedded in an RTF file

WORDPAD: "some contents are blocked" message if an JPEG image is embedded in an RTF file: An RTF document is created locally (not on a network share) including a JPEG picture, and when I try to open it using WORDPAD, I get the following message... [ATTACH] If I keep the contents blocked, only the image is missing, so it cannot be the RTF file itself. The...
  7. Losing document content on Wordpad

Losing document content on Wordpad: I typed up about 60 pages of a document through on word pad and now I cannot get my content. The file opens up, yes, but it is completely blank. Though the scroll button is small and actually moves up and down af if the document is there but no words show. I have tried Copy...
  8. rtf and XLS documents can't open from Back Up

rtf and XLS documents can't open from Back Up: How do I open my backed up documents when all the extensions say either rtf_LAST file or XLS_LAST File or XLR_LAST File, PDF_LAST FILE or RTF_F5AA6C3c5?...
  9. Prevent WordPad from opening, or prevent RTF files from opening by policy or script

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent WordPad from opening, or prevent RTF files from opening by policy or script: Greetings, I am looking for a way to stop my users from being able to open WordPad or from being able to open RTF files (either would serve the same purpose). I need to roll this out to all machines preferably by GPO, but a script would work too. Anyone know of a way to...
  10. WordPad won't save in RTF.

WordPad won't save in RTF.: Hello, Need some help with a problem that started 4 days ago. This never happened before ever with any computer or any OS. WordPad won't save copied and pasted text in RTF. format, not even in Plain text format. Error message says: "File not found" "Check the file name and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wordpad some content is blocked

2. windows 1903 rtf file is blocked

3. how to unblock wordpad in windows 10

4. some content is blocked in wordpad,
  5. wordpad blocked content security setting,
  6. windows 10 my WordPad document has some content blocked,
  7. I get a security waning when I try to open my wordpad document,
  8. wordpad document blocked indows 10 version 1903,
  9. wordpad blocked content will not be shown,
  10. some content of this document has been blocked rtf files