Windows 10: Content continues to install to C: Drive but settings are for E:

Discus and support Content continues to install to C: Drive but settings are for E: in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've partitioned my HDD where the C: Drive is 100GB used for Windows OS and MS Office and updates accordingly The remaining 400GB is used for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Darnell G, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Darnell G Win User

Content continues to install to C: Drive but settings are for E:

I've partitioned my HDD where the C: Drive is 100GB used for Windows OS and MS Office and updates accordingly

The remaining 400GB is used for Games-Programs as screenshot below.

Despite this, programs continue to install to C: drive by default, which is particularly annoying as many more programs don't have a folder selection screen before install.

What else should I have to do if Windows 10 settings allow me to select the option but programs continue to install to C: by default?

Content continues to install to C: Drive but settings are for E: 88fc5c22-3315-4749-a1a1-d44cf7d7d3f5?upload=true.png

:)

Darnell G, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 28, 2020
  3. thomaseg1 Win User
    What's eating up my \C: drive?

From the list above you haven't used storage sense or disk clean.
    $GetCurrent is upgrade files which can be cleared with either .

for
    • Step 1: Press Windows+Pause Break key to open System and choose System protection.
    • Step 2: Select the hard disk whose system protection is on, and click Configure.
    • Step 3: Tap the Delete button.
    • Step 4: Choose Continue to remove all restore points on the selected drive.
    restore points (system volume)

thomaseg1, Nov 28, 2020
  4. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Content continues to install to C: Drive but settings are for E: - Similar Threads - Content continues install

2. Copy file in Drive C to disc in Drive E.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy file in Drive C to disc in Drive E.: I have a new CD-R disc that I put in Drive E on my PC with Windows 10. I want to copy an existing file from Drive C to that disc. That did not work but I received a message that, "Windows was unable to complete the format." What can I do now to fix the problem?...
  3. Copy file in Drive C to disc in Drive E.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy file in Drive C to disc in Drive E.: I have a new CD-R disc that I put in Drive E on my PC with Windows 10. I want to copy an existing file from Drive C to that disc. That did not work but I received a message that, "Windows was unable to complete the format." What can I do now to fix the problem?...
  4. Copy file in Drive C to disc in Drive E.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cloning to an E drive from C drive but not D drive

Cloning to an E drive from C drive but not D drive: I want to clone my C SSD drive to my larger E SSD drive. My issue is when I open up Macrium to start the process my C drive SSD and D drive HDD both appear to be chosen for cloning. Both drives have system folders on them but my D drive is huge and I don't need to clone it. I...
  6. E: Drive unavailable... DVD CD Internal Drive hell continues...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    E: Drive unavailable... DVD CD Internal Drive hell continues...: I have been trying for two days to get my HP 15 laptop/notebook to recognize my DVD CD ROM internal drive AGAIN - every time Windows updates I go through this hell!! I have tried every YouTube solution there is - and yes, it is listed in BIOS. I then refound it in Device...
  7. Transferring whole content of C drive to D drive

Transferring whole content of C drive to D drive: Hello everyone I just want to ask that ,windows7 is currently installed on my C drive but I now want it to be on D drive. As, I want to install another operating system that is windows 10 on C drive. So, how to completely transfer whole C drive to D drive? including windows...
  8. Shortcut for folder on E drive to desktop on C drive

Shortcut for folder on E drive to desktop on C drive: Hi guys, This is a little complicated I think. My C Driver is a 250GB SSD while my E Drive is a 500GB HDD. If I transfer folder from C onto E can I then create a shortcut for that folder to appear on C's desktop I am using the SSD for Windows 10 Professional while the HDD...
  9. computer attempting to download to e drive and not c drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer attempting to download to e drive and not c drive: I am trying to download garmin express into my computer to update my maps. when I try to initialize the program and click on save it starts to initialize and then stops and sez e drive not available why isn't my computer trying to download this to my c drive?...
  10. C drive suddenly changed to E drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive suddenly changed to E drive: The computer wouldn't boot, after checking in the Command Prompt it became clear that the C drive was now the E drive. The computer won't boot (or even open in Safe Mode). What happened? How can this be fixed?...