Windows 10: Content Control Printing Issue

Discus and support Content Control Printing Issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a document template with content controls in Word. When I type and select content the document looks normal. However, when I print,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Todd Muscatello, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Content Control Printing Issue

Hi all,

I have a document template with content controls in Word. When I type and select content the document looks normal. However, when I print, each letter of each word appears on a single line vertically. This doesn't happen every time. I have attached screen shots of my template and the print out.

Template.dotx

Content Control Printing Issue 954574bf-51d7-4284-8d3f-19a08a989f2e?upload=true.png

Print out

Content Control Printing Issue 06d5b231-e614-4d1f-b1ae-7e7405da4905?upload=true.jpg

Thank you to all who respond, I appreciate your help.

TPM

:)

Todd Muscatello, Jan 8, 2020

2. Printing issues

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How are you trying to print?

• Have you tried printing from a different application and checked?
    I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Also, I suggest you to install the latest chipset and printer drivers from manufacturer website and check if it fixes the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Printing web pages in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update and apologies for late response.

• Are you able to print via Internet Explorer 11?
    • What kind of contents and extensions do you want to print?
    I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to print documents in the Windows 10 Edge browser and check if it helps:

• Once the document is open in Edge, press
      Ctrl+P or More actions button at the top last end of the browser.

• Click Print as PDF button.

• Check if the document prints as expected.
    If the above steps did not work, try the next methods.

Method 2: Set your printer as default.

• Press Windows key and type
      Control Panel

• Click on view by and select large icons.

• Open Devices and printers.

• Right click on your printer and select set a default printer.
    Check if it helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Content Control Printing Issue

Unable to print the contents of newsletter properly on Windows 10.

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check in print preview pane if the content is shown properly?
    • Which browser are you using to print the newsletter?

Step 1: If the content to print is showing properly in Print preview pane, I suggest you to run the
    Printer troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with the printer.

Running the troubleshooter will help in detecting and identifying the issue and sometime will fix to enhance the performance of the system.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      troubleshooting and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.

• Select Printer,
      click on Advanced option and check
      Apply repairs automatically option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

• After completing the process, check for error status and do the necessary changes.

• If you do not get any error status, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the print preview pane is not showing properly, then I suggest you to set the pages accordingly before giving the print command and check if the issue is resolved.

Refer to the link below on Fix printer problems and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Content Control Printing Issue

1. Content Control Printing Issue - Similar Threads - Content Control Printing

2. Unable to see the content of the control Panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to see the content of the control Panel: I am unable to see the details of the apps installed. Recently I had uninstalled an older version of Blender, to try out the new one, but after uninstalling the older version, I came up with this problem.Please help me with this thing...
  3. Unable to see the content of the control Panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to see the content of the control Panel: I am unable to see the details of the apps installed. Recently I had uninstalled an older version of Blender, to try out the new one, but after uninstalling the older version, I came up with this problem.Please help me with this thing...
  4. Unable to see the content of the control Panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Printing Playlist Content on New Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing Playlist Content on New Media Player: How do you print the content of various playlists using the new Media Player on Windows 11. I want to compare which songs are in which playlist to ensure they are not duplicated, but am not able to print the playlist out. Thanks.....Ron...
  6. Printing Playlist Content on New Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing Playlist Content on New Media Player: How do you print the content of various playlists using the new Media Player on Windows 11. I want to compare which songs are in which playlist to ensure they are not duplicated, but am not able to print the playlist out. Thanks.....Ron...
  7. Print Dialog box contents opposite

in Windows 10 Customization
    Print Dialog box contents opposite: Recently the print dialog box changed. In the past when i clicked print and the box opened there was a preview on the right side of my screen and on the left was the area where you could change the printer, # of copies, orientation etc. Now it's flopped and the preview...
  8. control p for printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    control p for printing: Control p is no longer working to print anything. I tried both of the control keys. Neither works. The control keys work for other functions, just not printing. I tried to update the driver as suggested. It says I have to latest one....
  9. Print content of files in a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Print content of files in a folder: I'm looking for a way to print the content of files (not a list of the files) that I have placed in a folder that I created, without opening each file individually....
  10. Control of display screen contents.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Control of display screen contents.: Have rolling screen up and down; jerky screen. OS win 10 with all up dates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-of-display-screen-contents/48d6a2fd-44b1-4e80-bf4b-cfb25c2965f8