Windows 10: Content Restriction Subsites

Discus and support Content Restriction Subsites in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Is there a way to add subsites as allowed pages on Family content restrictions? For example, my kids use Study Island for school. I've added the URL... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AHalquist, Mar 16, 2020.

1. AHalquist Win User

Content Restriction Subsites

Is there a way to add subsites as allowed pages on Family content restrictions? For example, my kids use Study Island for school. I've added the URL for the login screen, as well as studyisland.com. They can log into the site, but none of the content will load and they can't navigate because it is all restricted.

:)

AHalquist, Mar 16, 2020
  2. johnkwon1 Win User

Microsoft Family shared content restriction

Thanks for the response, but this has nothing to do with what I'm asking. I know how to set content restriction for each of my children, but it becomes tedious for me to have to maintain 4 different content restriction "Only Allowed" list when that list
    will be the same for all 4 children. Is there a way to share that list or export/import the list among the children within the family?

johnkwon1, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Microsoft content restrictions web

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that even after giving permission to access a website, the website is blocked next time.

If you wish to allow certain websites, you can add them to the Always allowed list under
    Content restrictions for your sons account and this should not block the website. Refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Login to
      https://family.microsoft.com
      with the parent account.
    2. Now, find your child’s name, click on More options and select
      Content restrictions.
    3. Scroll down to Web Browsing, toggle the switch to on for
      Block inappropriate websites.
    4. Under Always allowed, you can type in the website link for the websites you want to allow.

For more information, you may refer the article
    Block inappropriate websites on Windows 10, Xbox One, and Android

Similarly, you can block inappropriate apps and games that can your child can access. For more information, refer the article

Block inappropriate apps, games, and media on Windows 10 and Xbox One

You may also want to check
    Set content restrictions on Windows 10 and Xbox One

I hope the information provided by me is helpful.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 16, 2020
  4. johnkwon1 Win User

Microsoft Family shared content restriction

I've tried to search for this subject, but was unable to find any meaningful information.

I have four children setup and for the web browsing content restriction, we have it setup that they are only allowed access to websites listed in the "Only Allowed" list (whitelist). What I would like to do is manage one list for all my children. Is there
    a way to share the "Only Allowed" list among other children in the family?

johnkwon1, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Content Restriction Subsites - Similar Threads - Content Restriction Subsites

2. Content Keeper Restrictions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Content Keeper Restrictions: I'm using a Chromebook that has CKauthenticator and I need to bypass it to get crosh and developer mode and other things like that. Please Help!
  3. Web Browsing Content Restriction

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Web Browsing Content Restriction: How do I allow all pages from a web page like Wikipedia.org. I assumed wikipedia.org or wikipedia.org* would work but that only allows access to wikipedia home page, not https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Jefferson...
  4. content restrictions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    content restrictions: Hello. I just want to know how to filter inappropriate content for all windows users, including the adults/organizers. In the family safety, the organizer can assign content restrictions to the members, but not to herself/himself. I want all the users, children/members and...
  5. Updating content restrictions is not working on one computer

Updating content restrictions is not working on one computer: Hi everyone, As a parent I am using the family dashboard to only allow certain websites as a whitelist. I've added a new website to this for the other computers we use, but on one account it will not allow the website to be accessed. On the parent dashboard it lists that...
  6. Microsoft family content restrictions

Microsoft family content restrictions: I've set my son up with a child's account and only want to allow him access to certain websites. I inputted all the web addresses but when he tries to access a video on the website for his homework it says that he needs to ask for permission. How can I override this to...
  7. screen limit & content restrictions

screen limit & content restrictions: it appears that the family->child->Content Restrictions blocks use of google chrome browser when enabled for any age group. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-limit-content-restrictions/4c407d53-57be-414c-b5d8-a772911a8b84
  8. Microsoft Family content restrictions not updating

Microsoft Family content restrictions not updating: Hi, I have as parent added a few websites to the 'Always blocked' list on the 'content restriction' section of my Microsoft Family account. This only seem to apply to the computer where I edited the online 'content restrictions' list. On other computers, where I have...
  9. Microsoft content restrictions web

Microsoft content restrictions web: Hello i am setting up my sons laptop. And the content restrictions for web browsing the setting is on and it seems to block literally everything. And even when i give permission each time as safe it blocks the next tome. what am i missing ? thanks in advance...
  10. Microsoft Family shared content restriction

Microsoft Family shared content restriction: I've tried to search for this subject, but was unable to find any meaningful information. I have four children setup and for the web browsing content restriction, we have it setup that they are only allowed access to websites listed in the "Only Allowed" list (whitelist)....