Windows 10: Content restrictions not working for a child account in Microsoft Family Safety

Discus and support Content restrictions not working for a child account in Microsoft Family Safety in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So i have a 12 y/o account on my microsoft "family". In the Family section of my microsoft account, I have the childs account activated and i have... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Family Guardian, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Content restrictions not working for a child account in Microsoft Family Safety

So i have a 12 y/o account on my microsoft "family".

In the Family section of my microsoft account, I have the childs account activated and i have blocked inappropriate websites toggle on. Toggling this switch will block adult content and enable safesearch according to the text by the toggle. But when i go to the child's account, i can disable safesearch. I am unable to download other browsers which is good but on edge i can go incognito and easily see all the **** the world.

How can i fix this?

Windows 10 user.

:)

Family Guardian, Aug 12, 2020

2. Microsoft family safety settings is not working with one child account.

Original Title[Microsoft Family problem]

Hi,

I have 4 kids accounts in my family. One of them is not working with the family safety setting (the time restriction is not working).

The account was added as child, the kid accepted the invitation and is listed as a child in my Microsoft account.

The kid account is 'standard' and still it does not work.

Any ideas?

Thanks

KeterSharon, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Family safety - child can disable all feature, why?

Hi,

There may be a sync issue with the restrictions that has been applied to the child account. To isolate your concern regarding Family Safety, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Remove the Child account on the Family Safety website.
    • Change the passwords of your account.
    • Add the Child account again.
    • Add the restrictions to the Child account again.

Keep us updated with the results if your child will still be able to turn off the Family Safety feature after performing the steps above.

Kristoffer Abs, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Content restrictions not working for a child account in Microsoft Family Safety

Microsoft family safety settings is not working with one child account.

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

This issue can be caused by sync issue with your computer and the Family Safety website. To troubleshoot this, please try to re-configure your child account by following these steps:

1. Remove the child via Family Safety website.

a. Sign in to
    https://familysafety.microsoft.com
    using the parent account.

b. Click on Manage the list of Family members.

c. Check the child account, then click Delete. Click again on
    Delete to confirm.

2. Follow the steps in this article to reconfigure Family Safety:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/family-account#1TC=t1

3. Ensure that you have selected the Manage settings in Family Safety website
    option on the Family Safety window on your Control panel.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to delete all contents under
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

To know more, you may refer to the link below:

Problems with Family Safety time limits and
    PC activity reporting in Windows 8

Problems with Family Safety time limits and PC activity reporting in Windows 8

Note: Applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope the information helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Content restrictions not working for a child account in Microsoft Family Safety

1. Content restrictions not working for a child account in Microsoft Family Safety - Similar Threads - Content restrictions working

2. Child account in family safety is no visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child account in family safety is no visible: Try to remove child account from parent account but found that the child account is not visible to the parent account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-account-in-family-safety-is-no-visible/dbaea43e-81d9-41ac-a45e-6cdb3ed2170d
  3. Child account in family safety is no visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child account in family safety is no visible: Try to remove child account from parent account but found that the child account is not visible to the parent account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-account-in-family-safety-is-no-visible/dbaea43e-81d9-41ac-a45e-6cdb3ed2170d
  4. Child account in family safety is no visible

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Case I’d 1050122238 Family safety restrictions are enable on my child’s account but they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Case I’d 1050122238 Family safety restrictions are enable on my child’s account but they...: Family safety restrictions are enable on my child’s account but they are still able to access adult content through the videos tab in edge ....
  6. Case I’d 1050122238 Family safety restrictions are enable on my child’s account but they...

Case I’d 1050122238 Family safety restrictions are enable on my child’s account but they...: Family safety restrictions are enable on my child’s account but they are still able to access adult content through the videos tab in edge ....
  7. /Microsoft Family Safety Content Restrictions does not allow Chrome to work at all

/Microsoft Family Safety Content Restrictions does not allow Chrome to work at all: To be fair. I want to have parental controls on windows and Microsoft edge turned on. I also have Google family running separately for google software. My kid uses google Chrome for school, google docs for school, and uses chrome accounts and apps that need chrome. I got...
  8. Microsoft family content restrictions

Microsoft family content restrictions: I've set my son up with a child's account and only want to allow him access to certain websites. I inputted all the web addresses but when he tries to access a video on the website for his homework it says that he needs to ask for permission. How can I override this to...
  9. Microsoft Family content restrictions not updating

Microsoft Family content restrictions not updating: Hi, I have as parent added a few websites to the 'Always blocked' list on the 'content restriction' section of my Microsoft Family account. This only seem to apply to the computer where I edited the online 'content restrictions' list. On other computers, where I have...
  10. Microsoft Family shared content restriction

Microsoft Family shared content restriction: I've tried to search for this subject, but was unable to find any meaningful information. I have four children setup and for the web browsing content restriction, we have it setup that they are only allowed access to websites listed in the "Only Allowed" list (whitelist)....