Windows 10: content usage rights & Win Media Player

Discus and support content usage rights & Win Media Player in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't play wma file on windows media player. I get this message: TRY PLAYING THIS WITH A DIFFERENT PLAYER. THIS APPLICATION DOESN'T HAVE CONTENT... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by B00613MAN, Mar 18, 2019.

1. B00613MAN Win User

content usage rights & Win Media Player

I can't play wma file on windows media player. I get this message:

TRY PLAYING THIS WITH A DIFFERENT PLAYER. THIS APPLICATION DOESN'T HAVE CONTENT USAGE RIGHTS.

This music is music that I own. I copied it off of my desktop onto a flash drive so I could do a clean wipe of the hard drive.

I was using Windows 7 prior to reformatting and partitioning the hard drive. Windows 10 is the new OS that I installed.

Now, however, I can't play my music. I should already have content usage rights! What's up with that?

:)

B00613MAN, Mar 18, 2019

2. Media player

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue further, we’d like to know the following:

• What is the version of your Windows Media Player?
    • Did you get any error message? If yes, kindly specify.
    In the meantime, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the
    Windows Media player
    . Here are the steps how to:

• Press Win button + R on your keyboard.
    • In the text box, type Control.
    • On the left pane, click Turn Windows features on or off option to see Windows Features window.
    • Expand Media Feature list, then uncheck Windows Media Player box. It will give a prompt message;
      this will also turn of Windows Media Center click yes as you will need
      to reinstall it after.
    • Reboot PC.
    • You need to reinstall Windows Media Player. Open Windows Features, tick the Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center, then install it from there.

Let us know how it goes.

Sherry Bel, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Mar 18, 2019
  4. content usage rights & Win Media Player

Lost Media Rights to sync songs via Media Player

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the information required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

What is the complete and exact error message that you received?

How does the Player Use Media Usage Rights.

When you try to use a protected file in the Player, the Player checks to see if you have valid media usage rights installed on your computer. If the media usage rights permit you to perform the action that you've requested (for example, syncing the file
    to a device), the Player performs that action for you.

If the Player doesn't find valid media usage rights on your computer, or if the rights don't permit you to perform the action that you've requested, the Player doesn't perform the action. Typically, the Player will either display an error message that
    indicates why it couldn't perform the action or it will display an Error button
    content usage rights & Win Media Player [​IMG]
    or an Information button

content usage rights & Win Media Player [​IMG]
    next to the protected file that you can click or point to for more information.

I would suggest that you try to download the Media Usage Rights and check if it helps. In your case the Player typically displays a message that lists your options. Just follow the instructions.

If the Player directs you to an online store, you might be required to enter your account name and password to proceed. The online store might require you to update your billing information or pay a fee to download additional usage rights, such as the right
    to burn a song to an audio CD.

The Player can't download media usage rights automatically if the Download usage rights automatically when I play or sync a file check box isn't selected To verify that you can download usage rights automatically, do the following:

• On the search bar type Windows Media Player.
    • If the Player is currently open and you’re in Now Playing mode, click the
      Switch to Library in the upper-right corner of the Player.

• In the Player Library, click Organize, click
      Options, and then click the Privacy tab.

• Verify that the Download usage rights automatically when I play or sync a file check box is selected.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

content usage rights & Win Media Player

1. content usage rights & Win Media Player - Similar Threads - content usage rights

2. New and Improved Media Player, right?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New and Improved Media Player, right?: So I updated the Media Player through the Microsoft Store today. I guess MS decided everyone should listen to all their videos in French. Thanks, but I speak English. America is still a country last time I check guys. Can you provide instructions on how to enable English or...
  3. "Media usage rights"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Media usage rights": How do I acquire "Media usage rights"? Some of my music downloads are the problem. Thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-usage-rights/b7831af7-b961-4a2e-9eca-f1b954d8cf59
  4. "Media usage rights"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Media usage rights": How do I acquire "Media usage rights"? Some of my music downloads are the problem. Thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-usage-rights/b7831af7-b961-4a2e-9eca-f1b954d8cf59
  5. Printing Playlist Content on New Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing Playlist Content on New Media Player: How do you print the content of various playlists using the new Media Player on Windows 11. I want to compare which songs are in which playlist to ensure they are not duplicated, but am not able to print the playlist out. Thanks.....Ron...
  6. Printing Playlist Content on New Media Player

Printing Playlist Content on New Media Player: How do you print the content of various playlists using the new Media Player on Windows 11. I want to compare which songs are in which playlist to ensure they are not duplicated, but am not able to print the playlist out. Thanks.....Ron...
  7. Media Player in win 11

Media Player in win 11: hi , i have just installed win 11 Educational version , and after that found that there is no media player as usual , so how could i download the offiicial WIN 11 media player...
  8. win media player for win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win media player for win10: Just tried to listen to radio station... player wouldn't start. media player screen came up . Not sure what to do. Tried to download again & delete original . Suggestions ? thanx...
  9. Media Player in Win 10

Media Player in Win 10: Seems like .flac files skip in Windows Media Player 12.0 in Windows 10 50602
  10. win media player

in Windows 10 Support
    win media player: Ripped a DVD in windows media player --put songs in burn list (right column) put a blank DVD in writer/player-- clicked burn-start burn --windows 10 ejects the disk then states to put in disk and windows will automatically start burning process BUT it ejects the disk...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. groove try playing this with a different player. this application doesnt have content usage rights.

2. content usage rights windows 10