Windows 10: Contents of folder included in Documents Library not Displayed

Discus and support Contents of folder included in Documents Library not Displayed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a SSD. I'm keeping many files on an external USB hard drive. I had included the external drive's Documents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikebk, May 26, 2018.

1. mikebk Win User

Contents of folder included in Documents Library not Displayed

I'm using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a SSD. I'm keeping many files on an external USB hard drive. I had included the external drive's Documents folder in my Documents library. The File Explorer displayed files and folders on both the internal SSD and the external drive in the Documents library folder. The Navigation pane displayed the folders from the external drive under the Documents icon in Quick Access, This PC and Libraries. Unfortunately, the laptop failed and it was returned with Windows 10 (version 1709) installed.

After I included the same external drive Documents folder in the Documents Library, File Explorer displayed the external drive folders under the Documents folder. It only displayed the folders on the C:\ drive in the Quick Access Documents library and the This PC libraries. I've spent hours using Google with no luck.

Here is what is shown when I click on the Documents icon in Quick Access:

Contents of folder included in Documents Library not Displayed [​IMG]

Here's what I see when I click on the Documents icon under Libraries:

Manage Libraries shows that the folder has been incuded

Does anyone have a suggestion that might allow folders to be displayed under the Documents icons?

Thanks

Mike

:)

mikebk, May 26, 2018

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 27, 2018
  3. itzpakash Win User
    include in Library

ok i am sorry for the ambiguity of that , what i meant is that after selecting the option to include folder x in document library , i am no longer able to see folder x in its original location or inside document library.

itzpakash, May 27, 2018
Thema:

Contents of folder included in Documents Library not Displayed

1. Contents of folder included in Documents Library not Displayed - Similar Threads - Contents folder included

2. Contents of Documents folder vanished out of nowhere, now in OneDrive Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contents of Documents folder vanished out of nowhere, now in OneDrive Documents folder: Hi there,Upon returning to my laptop after a few hours, I noticed that a program stored in my documents folder wasn't launching. I looked in Documents and all of the contents except for 2 folders I used today are now gone and transferred to OneDrive even though I usually...
  3. Documents folder and contents completely missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder and contents completely missing: My documents folder has completely vanished without explanation. It is not in the recycle bin nor are its contents, but the entire folder including all contents is completely gone. The shortcut on the side of the File Explorer is still there, but when I click on it I get a...
  4. Documents folder and contents completely missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents folder and contents completely missing: My documents folder has completely vanished without explanation. It is not in the recycle bin nor are its contents, but the entire folder including all contents is completely gone. The shortcut on the side of the File Explorer is still there, but when I click on it I get a...
  5. Lost documents folder contents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost documents folder contents: Hi, after an automatic Windows 10 update all my documents vanished from the Documents folder - I now believe this was because a temporary profile was set up. Unfortunately I found my documents and returned them to the "new" documents folder. After re-booting, the temporary...
  6. No option to include folder into a library

in Windows 10 Customization
    No option to include folder into a library: Since I'm missing Windows 7 options I'm trying to follow this tutorial for Windows 10 Now the problem is that as you can see in screenshot below I don't have "Library" explorer subfolder in navigation pane nor do I have the option to "Library tools -> manage" in ribon of...
  7. Misplaced hidden library folders in Documents folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Misplaced hidden library folders in Documents folder?: Hello When unchecking the "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" and selecting "Show hidden folders, files and drives" in the Folder Options, I can see My Music, My Pictures and My videos library folders appearing in my Documents folder. I have Windows 10 Pro...
  8. Documents Library - Lost Contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Library - Lost Contents: Hi all. First time over in the 10 Forums, but an old time member of the 7 Forum *chuckle I'm trying to work out a concern today, that's frankly driving me nuts. I installed the latest Creators Update a couple of days ago, and noticed this today, so I'm assuming its...
  9. Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10: How to: Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10 How to Remove Included Folder from Library in Windows 10 Libraries gather folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. You can add or remove folders and drives to be...
  10. Include Folder to Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Include Folder to Library in Windows 10: How to: Include Folder or Drive to Library in Windows 10 How to Include Folder or Drive to a Library in Windows 10 Libraries gather folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. You can include folders and drives to a library as you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Win 10 will not display included folder in library