Windows 10: Contents of Folder

Discus and support Contents of Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am needing to be able to get a list of all of the files in a specific folder. Ultimately, I would like to transfer the list to an excel spreadsheet,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by yok33, Nov 19, 2018.

1. yok33 Win User

Contents of Folder

I am needing to be able to get a list of all of the files in a specific folder. Ultimately, I would like to transfer the list to an excel spreadsheet, but the only way I know of that "MAY" work is to print the file names to an Adobe file and then convert them over to an excel spreadsheet. Many of the articles I have found so far all have the person holding down the shift key and right click on mouse at the same time. Then they direct you to choose.."Open Command Prompt...". No matter how I try, I cannot get the "Open Command Prompt" choice in the submenu.

Please help me as I in a fairly big rush to get this problem resolved.

Thanks

Yok33

:)

yok33, Nov 19, 2018

2. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Nov 19, 2018
  3. meebers Win User
    RetailDemo Offline Content?

Was cleaning up my 10162 install using cleanmgr. One option on the list was "RetailDemo Offline Content", it was 100MB. Not sure what this is, before I delete it. Suggestions?

meebers, Nov 19, 2018
  4. BruceBon Win User

Contents of Folder

Contents of Applications folders

First attachment is list of items in problem account Applications folder.
    Second is list of items in working account Applications folder.

Do you know from which folders the contents of the Applications folder are derived? I think the contents of AllApps comes from the superset of the following folder/directories:
    - C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    - C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    I would assume that the contents of Applications are the superset of all executable shortcuts (i.e. not folders, not data files) within the directory trees beneath these directories? Plus others? I thought it was supposed to be everything on the machine, but that is obviously not true, if you compare the 2 attachments.

If/when I figure it out, I will post the solution . . .

Contents of Folder [​IMG]

Contents of Folder [​IMG]

BruceBon, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Contents of Folder

1. Contents of Folder - Similar Threads - Contents Folder

2. Cannot copy folders and it's content from local C:\ to external SSD drive!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot copy folders and it's content from local C:\ to external SSD drive!!!: No error message, no alert at all. What the fxxk is this rubbish, Microsoft!?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-copy-folders-and-its-content-from-local-c/f2d9067c-5908-4608-9764-132c76eb7e20
  3. Cannot copy folders and it's content from local C:\ to external SSD drive!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot copy folders and it's content from local C:\ to external SSD drive!!!: No error message, no alert at all. What the fxxk is this rubbish, Microsoft!?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-copy-folders-and-its-content-from-local-c/f2d9067c-5908-4608-9764-132c76eb7e20
  4. I CAN'T VIEW THE CONTENTS OF THE FOLDER SCAN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I CAN'T VIEW THE CONTENTS OF THE FOLDER SCAN.: I am in my PC, Trymeee_PC/cesmz which is supposed to have administrator rights. however, I can't view the "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans" folder because I am denied the permission to do so. I don't understand why cause it seems that I should have full...
  5. I CAN'T VIEW THE CONTENTS OF THE FOLDER SCAN.

I CAN'T VIEW THE CONTENTS OF THE FOLDER SCAN.: I am in my PC, Trymeee_PC/cesmz which is supposed to have administrator rights. however, I can't view the "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans" folder because I am denied the permission to do so. I don't understand why cause it seems that I should have full...
  6. The contents of my pictures folder was deleted. How can I restore it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The contents of my pictures folder was deleted. How can I restore it?: Last night, I updated my computer before going to bed. This morning, when I signed in, I noticed that my background image was missing. I went to the personalize menu and tried to add a custom background, but there was nothing in that folder. I had made about 5 subfolders and...
  7. The contents of my pictures folder was deleted. How can I restore it?

The contents of my pictures folder was deleted. How can I restore it?: Last night, I updated my computer before going to bed. This morning, when I signed in, I noticed that my background image was missing. I went to the personalize menu and tried to add a custom background, but there was nothing in that folder. I had made about 5 subfolders and...
  8. Unable to search the contents of files within a folder win Windows 11

Unable to search the contents of files within a folder win Windows 11: Unable to search the contents of files within a folder in Windows 11. I have ensured the "File contents" is checked when performing a search. I use this feature several times a day and it is severely impairing my productivity.This was not an issue in Windows 10. A simple text...
  9. Unable to search the contents of files within a folder win Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to search the contents of files within a folder win Windows 11: Unable to search the contents of files within a folder in Windows 11. I have ensured the "File contents" is checked when performing a search. I use this feature several times a day and it is severely impairing my productivity.This was not an issue in Windows 10. A simple text...
  10. Why can't I encrypt my folder in File Explorer? The option for Encrypt contents to secure...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I encrypt my folder in File Explorer? The option for Encrypt contents to secure...: When I tried to encrypt one of my files present in the File Explorer, I couldn't. The option for Encrypt contents to secure data is disabled and I cannot make any changes, why?...