Windows 10: Contents of Folder

Discus and support Contents of Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am needing to be able to get a list of all of the files in a specific folder. Ultimately, I would like to transfer the list to an excel spreadsheet,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by yok33, Nov 19, 2018.

1. yok33 Win User

Contents of Folder

I am needing to be able to get a list of all of the files in a specific folder. Ultimately, I would like to transfer the list to an excel spreadsheet, but the only way I know of that "MAY" work is to print the file names to an Adobe file and then convert them over to an excel spreadsheet. Many of the articles I have found so far all have the person holding down the shift key and right click on mouse at the same time. Then they direct you to choose.."Open Command Prompt...". No matter how I try, I cannot get the "Open Command Prompt" choice in the submenu.

Please help me as I in a fairly big rush to get this problem resolved.

Thanks

Yok33

:)

yok33, Nov 19, 2018

2. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Nov 19, 2018
  3. meebers Win User
    RetailDemo Offline Content?

Was cleaning up my 10162 install using cleanmgr. One option on the list was "RetailDemo Offline Content", it was 100MB. Not sure what this is, before I delete it. Suggestions?

meebers, Nov 19, 2018
  4. BruceBon Win User

Contents of Folder

Contents of Applications folders

First attachment is list of items in problem account Applications folder.
    Second is list of items in working account Applications folder.

Do you know from which folders the contents of the Applications folder are derived? I think the contents of AllApps comes from the superset of the following folder/directories:
    - C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    - C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    I would assume that the contents of Applications are the superset of all executable shortcuts (i.e. not folders, not data files) within the directory trees beneath these directories? Plus others? I thought it was supposed to be everything on the machine, but that is obviously not true, if you compare the 2 attachments.

If/when I figure it out, I will post the solution . . .

Contents of Folder [​IMG]

Contents of Folder [​IMG]

BruceBon, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Contents of Folder

1. Contents of Folder - Similar Threads - Contents Folder

2. Folder contents not updating when new files are created

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder contents not updating when new files are created: Whenever an application creates new files, the files are not shown until I manually refresh the folder contents (F5). Typical scenario is downloading a file with Chrome. After the download finishes, I click "show in folder" and my Downloads folder opens (or is activated if...
  3. Windows 10 folder contents view options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 folder contents view options: I was wondering how to turn off the folder contents "organization" nonesense. Today, Earlier This Week, Last Week, Earlier This Month, Last Month, Last year, A long time ago. It's super annoying. I just want to be able to sort by file type or date modified etc... without...
  4. Unable to gain access to contents of Music, Pictures or Videos folders

Unable to gain access to contents of Music, Pictures or Videos folders: I recently had a motherboard failure so I added my second disc from that machine to my new one. In that old machine I specified that those folders Music, Pictures and Videos would be stored on that second drive, hoping in the event of a SSD failure, all those files would be...
  5. gmail folders contents gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gmail folders contents gone: HI - I just added my work phone iPhone 6s to my gmail account, and now all the contents of my gmail folders are gone. Does anyone know what happened and how to fix this ?...
  6. Windows 10 Folder Content Displays Blue Bar

Windows 10 Folder Content Displays Blue Bar: When my folder is full of files and I want to highlight and cut files the file titles are active with a BLUE bar that is as long as the longest title in the folder. This blue bar interferes with the highlighting and cutting. How do I eliminate this blue bar? I would love to...
  7. Have a folder named "...", can't delete it and when I try to view it's contents, it's just...

Have a folder named "...", can't delete it and when I try to view it's contents, it's just...: This isn't a folder that Explorer will let you create, but apparently if you use a program to create it nothing stops you. This is the folder in question:[ATTACH] Here's one level deep, it's just the containing folder: [ATTACH] Here's a bunch of levels deep, it's the same...
  8. Documents contents in Document folder completely missing in 1st local admin account after...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Documents contents in Document folder completely missing in 1st local admin account after...: I will be most appreciative for advice on how to recover Documents folder only from 1 particular windows 10 account . I had 2 local admin accounts. The account which i am asking for help is the one created during windows 10 setup . Let's call this account A I deposited...
  9. How to print a list of folder contents in the Document Manager

How to print a list of folder contents in the Document Manager: If I open a folder in the Microsoft File Manager, how to print a list of that folder's content. I'm getting tired of taking screen shots and lining them up in a WORD document but cannot find a way to simply print a list from within File Manager. I need a hard copy, not a...
  10. Shortcut to inside Documents folder contents on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut to inside Documents folder contents on taskbar: On Windows 7 I used to have a Documents folder shortcut on my taskbar. I could just click that shortcut and bingo, I was inside my opened Documents folder where all my work is--not uncommon for users, I bet. On Windows 10 I haven't yet found a shortcut to the Documents folder...