Windows 10: Contest Menu Pops Up With Every Cursor Move, Without Right Click

Discus and support Contest Menu Pops Up With Every Cursor Move, Without Right Click in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10, Fall Update, 1809 190119-1759, also 1803 & 1806. Dell Optiplex 745 & 760. This happens in Firefox, Nightly & Thunderrbird when changing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ben Powell, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Contest Menu Pops Up With Every Cursor Move, Without Right Click

Windows 10, Fall Update, 1809 190119-1759, also 1803 & 1806. Dell Optiplex 745 & 760.
    This happens in Firefox, Nightly & Thunderrbird when changing tabs and filling forms. Left click anywhere , like selecting an email to open or delete and the menu pops up.
    Partifularly irritating in Babas Chess! When I move a piece, the menu pops up.
    Sometimes when my opponent moves. It obscures the view of board & pieces.

Tried & failed: replace generic mouse & kbd., mouse settings, safe mode, clean reinstallation, ASC12 & Tweraking.com Windows Repair.

:)

Ben Powell, Jan 27, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Arnie Est Win User
    Is there a key to delete character ahead of the cursor?

Hello Stephen,

As of the moment, deleting the characters next to the cursor is unavailable. You can only delete characters by moving the cursor to the right side. You can always send a suggestion via Feedback Hub app so that it can be added or included on the next update.

To send a feedback on your phone, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details of the feature you want to be added on Windows phone.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need more help, feel free to ask the Community.

Arnie Est, Jan 27, 2019
  4. KieX Win User

Contest Menu Pops Up With Every Cursor Move, Without Right Click

WCG Contest 2011

Rules updated:
    • Eligible winning member cannot hold a Top 20 position on the TechPowerUp! WCG Team prior to contest.
    Whilst the intention is to recruit new members, our current crunchers who do their part day in and day out deserve a chance too.

Credit to 4x4n for the suggestion and Chicken Patty for always looking out for the team *Toast :toast:

Thema:

Contest Menu Pops Up With Every Cursor Move, Without Right Click

1. Contest Menu Pops Up With Every Cursor Move, Without Right Click - Similar Threads - Contest Menu Pops

2. Right click on multiple displays pops up menu options on different display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click on multiple displays pops up menu options on different display: I am using a docking system where I plug in a Surface laptop into a two monitor system. The laptop I keep open but I don't actually use it, it is display 1. The other monitors are Display 2 and Display 3, with Display 3 being my primary. Display 3 has no problems, but...
  3. Right click menu pops up Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click menu pops up Windows 10: Hello! I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series. It's a few years old of course. Recently I had to have a new hard drive and have the system reset. I also had a new keyboard installed after the hard drive because it had a crack.I don't know if it's the system but ever since,...
  4. Right click menu pops up Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click menu pops up Windows 10: Hello! I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series. It's a few years old of course. Recently I had to have a new hard drive and have the system reset. I also had a new keyboard installed after the hard drive because it had a crack.I don't know if it's the system but ever since,...
  5. Right click menu pops up Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Right click a long time to pop up

Right click a long time to pop up: To see the context, the right click does not respond immediately. It takes a very long time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-a-long-time-to-pop-up/e015d643-a2bc-4e6f-ab9f-bbc736bed177
  7. Disable right click context menu popping up on HP laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable right click context menu popping up on HP laptop: I have an HP laptop with Windows 10 Home. When I use the touchpad, about half the time when I tap it the context menu pops up as if I am clicking the right click button. I have searched and searched in the settings and on the internet for a way to disable this feature,...
  8. Right click popping up

Right click popping up: How to Fix Right Click Menu Randomly Popping Up on Windows 10? My PC is Surface 2 95F-00006 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-popping-up/81618467-9df7-4592-9565-c8ea3e0a1a46
  9. Right click context menu keeps popping up every time I click on something

Right click context menu keeps popping up every time I click on something: My context menus keep popping up whenever I click on a link. To get rid of it I have to press the ESC button. Any ideas how to stop this from happening? I don't use a mouse--I use the number pad instead....
  10. Context Menu Pops Up With Every Cursor Move, Without Right Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Context Menu Pops Up With Every Cursor Move, Without Right Click: Windows 10, Fall Update, 1809 190119-1759, also 1803 & 1806. Dell Optiplex 745 & 760. This happens in Firefox, Nightly & Thunderrbird when changing tabs and filling forms. Left click anywhere , like selecting an email to open or delete and the menu pops up. Partifularly...