Windows 10: context menu change, unable to find in registry, possibly in DLL?

Discus and support context menu change, unable to find in registry, possibly in DLL? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; please look at the screenshot two things I wish to change (context menu in screenshot is from Drive only, ie. C:\ D:\ E:\ etc, not on directories but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by m18xr2, Oct 24, 2019.

1. m18xr2 Win User

context menu change, unable to find in registry, possibly in DLL?

please look at the screenshot two things I wish to change (context menu in screenshot is from Drive only, ie. C:\ D:\ E:\ etc, not on directories but actual drives).

1. text for "open command window here" to something shorter but nothing turns up in registry so could be in a dll file. could someone tell me which one it is so I can try to use something like resource hacker or hex editor to edit them?

2. I wish to remove the option "configure shadow copies" from context menu entirely. I have tried to disable the service for shadow copy and it does remove it but it borks some reflect macrium features that I need so it's not an option. I tried searching in registry and found the VSSshellEX so is this in another .DLL that will need to be changed?

could someone with more knowledge please share some experience as I dont wish to touch anything until I have a bit more info, thank you!

context menu change, unable to find in registry, possibly in DLL? [​IMG]

:)

m18xr2, Oct 24, 2019
  2. Cuzza Win User

Change target of "Edit" command in context menus

Hey all... I'm trying to change the Edit command on the context menu in Vista. I know you can get programs that edit this stuff, but I only want to change it for jpegs so I can load photoimpact easily (don't say "get photoshop", I'm just used to photoimpact). So ideally I would just find the registry entry and change it, but can't find it *Frown context menu change, unable to find in registry, possibly in DLL? :(

Anyone know how?

Cuzza, Oct 24, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Oct 24, 2019
  4. context menu change, unable to find in registry, possibly in DLL?

How to get rid of old context menus?

I was going to suggest editing teh registry , but....

francis511, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

context menu change, unable to find in registry, possibly in DLL?

1. context menu change, unable to find in registry, possibly in DLL? - Similar Threads - context menu change

2. Unable to change win11 context menu with Registry change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change win11 context menu with Registry change: I just switched from Win10 pro to Win11 ProI use the desktop context menu frequently. Windows 11 requires a second step---show more options---to access most of the features I use such as "Rename"To return to the old context menu, Microsoft instructs me to edit the registry...
  3. Unable to change win11 context menu with Registry change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change win11 context menu with Registry change: I just switched from Win10 pro to Win11 ProI use the desktop context menu frequently. Windows 11 requires a second step---show more options---to access most of the features I use such as "Rename"To return to the old context menu, Microsoft instructs me to edit the registry...
  4. Is it Possible to Remove Context Menu Items for Specific Users via Registry / Group Policy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it Possible to Remove Context Menu Items for Specific Users via Registry / Group Policy?: Hi everyone,I am currently in the process of setting up a child's computer, and I have an administrator account on there, along with the child's account which is a Standard account with Microsoft Family Safety enabled. The machine is running Windows 11 Pro x64I already have a...
  5. Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?: Brink , you always helped us in the past with all kind of tweaks etc. Now, after upgrade to 1809 , we can not get the mouse-selected items in the context-menu in blue , we can not use the "Immersive ContextMenu=0 " key in ;...
  6. change order in context menu

change order in context menu: Greetings How can I change the order of options in a context menu? OS: Windows 10 Pro ver.1809 b.17763.503 I couldn't find the option I'd like to move higher in the registry so it must hide as binary but the question is general for context menus thank you 133164
  7. Change "Modern" context menu

Change "Modern" context menu: Hi, as you might have noticed, windows 10 has 2 different looks for the context menu, the usual one you see rightclicking on files and most applications, and a new terribly horrifying and pointlessly spacetaking modern one which appears rightclicking on the taskbar, on edge...
  8. Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?: Brink , you always helped us in the past with all kind of tweaks etc. Now, after upgrade to 1809 , we can not get the mouse-selected items in the context-menu in blue , we can not use the "Immersive ContextMenu=0 " key in ;...
  9. White context menu? Possible?

White context menu? Possible?: Take a look at this clean white context menu: [img] How this is possible? Can i switch to it from my gray? [img] Does that possible? 64433
  10. How to change of context menu ?

How to change of context menu ?: Hi, Is there any way to change the right click menu from white to black ? As you can see in the picture the right click menu is white and i cannot find the reg key to change the color to black *cry Or if anyone has some thing i can install to change the color then i...