Windows 10: Context Menu crashes Win 10 right clicking causing win explorer to not respond

Discus and support Context Menu crashes Win 10 right clicking causing win explorer to not respond in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i have been dealing with this issue for a month . where I right click in windows file explorer and/or my desktop and it ends up crashing. the only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AbstractLion, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Context Menu crashes Win 10 right clicking causing win explorer to not respond

i have been dealing with this issue for a month . where I right click in windows file explorer and/or my desktop and it ends up crashing.

the only times i can avoid this issue is on startup after the first 1 hour of use it gives me tons of issues. sometimes browsing the shell via other programs the right click may even CRASH the one I'm using . i have disabled many non essential things in my context window Winrar , Winscp , HP online assistance and the issue still perceivers . this started happening more often after i updated to the latest version of win10 .

not sure if this gives any useful info to help

specs:

Ryzen 5 processor

Radeon Vega 8 graphics card

external soundcard via Scarlett 2i2 first gen interface .

thank you in advanced to anyone who can assist resolving this

:)

AbstractLion, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Context Menu crashes Win 10 right clicking causing win explorer to not respond

1. Context Menu crashes Win 10 right clicking causing win explorer to not respond - Similar Threads - Context Menu crashes

2. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  3. Win 10 Right click context boxes disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Right click context boxes disappear: Win10 right click context boxes disappear before I can choose an action. Why? How do I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-right-click-context-boxes-disappear/26876405-cde0-4440-a925-8fce7d3dcdc2
  4. Right Click Context menu.

Right Click Context menu.: How can I change the size of the right click context menu? And can somebody tell me why the context menu changes its size automatically. Right now its showing like thispicture attached, earlier the width was less. [IMG]...
  5. Right clicking files in Explorer causes Explorer to hang / not respond. Slow context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right clicking files in Explorer causes Explorer to hang / not respond. Slow context menu: About a week ago after i updated windows 10 for the first time in a while i've noticed that occasionally when i right click pictures, documents, etc. in windows explorer to open the context menu, explorer will freeze and ill have the blue spinny loading cursor for like 30...
  6. Add Google Search Option to the Right-Click context Menu Win. Explorer

Add Google Search Option to the Right-Click context Menu Win. Explorer: How to Add Google Search Option to the Right-Click context Menu in windows Explorer. I didn't find anything online. Example, right click on mp3 file, click google search option to launch a web search about the mp3 song. Did Anyone know a way to do it ? 151687
  7. Right-click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click Context Menu: I click on ads on some websites and gadgets to give revenue to the service provider. Generally, I want to right-click, then click on 'Open Link in New Tab'. More and more, right-clicking is acting like left-clicking and taking me to the ad site in the current tab or doing...
  8. Right click -> New context menu extremely laggy or crashes explorer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click -> New context menu extremely laggy or crashes explorer.: My windows 10 build with 1809 17763.437 is having some issues. If I right click and try to go to "new" it often crashes explorer, and when it doesn't it is extremely laggy. It is almost always crashing explorer. I have attempted updating to newest OS builds,...
  9. Right click context menu selection does not fade in win 10

Right click context menu selection does not fade in win 10: When I right click and make a selection , the item does not disappear after the action ( Just like this - https://i.stack.imgur.com/WFaIk.png ). I have to log out and login to make it disappear. Is there any way to resolve this issue ?...
  10. Right click context menu for explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click context menu for explorer: Trying to create a Right click context menu for explorer. I used to be able to launch VLC mediaplayer by right clicking on a Video_ts folder and chose play with VLC, seems to have gone for some reason...tried a few programs to help me with this but no luck yet....just tried...