Windows 10: Context menu edit

Discus and support Context menu edit in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good afternoon I would like to ask for advice on how to edit the folder context menu in Windows 10 x64 build 1803, do I need 3rd party software ?,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IvanValdis, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Context menu edit

Good afternoon I would like to ask for advice on how to edit the folder context menu in Windows 10 x64 build 1803, do I need 3rd party software ?, thank you.

:)

IvanValdis, Sep 12, 2018

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Context menu edit :(

ArmoredCavalry, Sep 12, 2018
  3. How to get rid of old context menus?

I was going to suggest editing teh registry , but....

francis511, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Necrofire Win User

Context menu edit

CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

Context menu edit ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

Context menu edit ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile Context menu edit :)

Necrofire, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Context menu edit

1. Context menu edit - Similar Threads - Context menu edit

2. edit google drive desktop sync context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    edit google drive desktop sync context menu: Any suggestions on editing the context menu for the new and improved <smirk> google drive desktop sync. Options are fine but don't want them to take up so much of the screen on a laptop that i have to scroll to see all the choices. I'm thinking how to make it a cascade menu?...
  3. Change Edit photo to UWP app in context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Edit photo to UWP app in context menu: Hi! I'm having a problem with which program/app is associated with editing photos in Windows 10 20H2. Tried a bunch of different solutions offered on this and other forums, but none of them worked. To describe my problem more clearly here is a screenshot of the context menu...
  4. Remove 'Print' and 'Edit' From The Context Menu

Remove 'Print' and 'Edit' From The Context Menu: I am looking for a way to remove the Print and Edit commands from the context menu when I right click on photos. I never use either and I already have a lot of items in the menu. Hopefully the screenshot is attached right. It shows you the top of my context menu with the two...
  5. Remove 'Print' and 'Edit' From The Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove 'Print' and 'Edit' From The Context Menu: I am looking for a way to remove the Print and Edit commands from the context menu when I right click on photos. I never use either and I already have a lot of items in the menu. Hopefully the screenshot is attached right. It shows you the top of my context menu with the two...
  6. Is there a way to edit the right-click context menu for images?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to edit the right-click context menu for images?: https://puu.sh/GuB4M/6aee1a187e.png Would really love to remove "Create a new video", "Edit with Photos", "Edit with Paint 3D", and "Set as desktop background" since I never use any of those. submitted by /u/NostalgiaSchmaltz [link] [comments]...
  7. [Help] edit context menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] edit context menu: https://i.imgur.com/gNs7hkRr.jpg Win10 context menu. Pls help. How do I edit the "delete" function location and remove the "email image" function from the context menus ? I keep deleting when I want to rename and emailing images when I want to save. I tried regedit but...
  8. How to remove 'edit' option from context menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove 'edit' option from context menu?: I find the edit option really annoying and useless. Is there any way to remove it? Running Windows 10 Pro 149245
  9. Location of the "Edit" context menu entry for .reg files

in Windows 10 Support
    Location of the "Edit" context menu entry for .reg files: So when I edit .reg files, I prefer to edit them with VS Code instead of notepad by default. I notice that .reg files have an "edit" context menu entry that appears when you right click on them, but this context menu entry opens up notepad by default. It tried adding the...
  10. How to edit context menu?

How to edit context menu?: My context menus are already bloated by various software I installed. How do I remove items from there? 12169