Windows 10: Context menu glitched

Discus and support Context menu glitched in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I recently had this problem that whenever I right click on an explorer window or the desktop, the context menu became a box with two arrows like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TrầnBách04, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Context menu glitched

Hi, I recently had this problem that whenever I right click on an explorer window or the desktop, the context menu became a box with two arrows like this:I have windows build 22621.521. I have tried tweaking regedit and group policy and it doesn't fix the problem. How can I fix this?

:)

TrầnBách04, Dec 5, 2022

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Context menu glitched :(

ArmoredCavalry, Dec 5, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    Context Menu - Open With (Windows Suggested List)

Well.. have a look at this:

Context menu glitched [​IMG]

I took a risk. I've set a System Restore point then installed Gold Wave.
    It was not present in that Open With list.

I used the Default Programs Editor:

Did you click Save...? You should have seen:

Note: if you are running as a standard user you may need to run it as admin, if it doesn't offer a UAC prompt.

- opened via Open With as above.

dalchina, Dec 5, 2022
  4. Context menu glitched

Context Menu - Open With (Windows Suggested List)

Diagram 'A' shows Windows' suggested programs
    Diagram 'B' shows the extended list

I have been trying to edit the context menu's "Open with" list of Windows' suggested programs for the .mp3 extension.
    I'm not talking about the extended list, but rather the programs that first appear 'before' the "choose another app" option.
    If you look at Diagram 'A' you will see the preliminary list generated by Windows, this is the list I am looking to modify.
    I have an .mp3 editor named Goldwave that I use for editing audio files, however, I do not want to change the preliminary program Windows uses to open .mp3s. My .mp3s should remain assigned to Winamp Player.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bandit012345, Dec 5, 2022
Thema:

Context menu glitched

1. Context menu glitched - Similar Threads - Context menu glitched

2. Context menu glitched

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Context menu glitched: Hi, I recently had this problem that whenever I right click on an explorer window or the desktop, the context menu became a box with two arrows like this:I have windows build 22621.521. I have tried tweaking regedit and group policy and it doesn't fix the problem. How can I...
  3. context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    context menu: i just reinstalled windows but when we right click on desktop which shows refresh option it i s always showing to my left . the menu opens to the left of my mouse.should not it be opening to the right of my mouse...
  4. context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    context menu: how to add 'desktop' to 'send to option' WIN 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/671f83fb-b3a9-449a-9564-ea120c0b78b8
  5. Context Menu

Context Menu: Is there a way to edit context menus in Windows 10 without having to deal with the registry? If yes, how? Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/593aefd6-7ccd-433f-920b-1da873dd4694
  6. Recycle Bin Context Menu Glitch

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle Bin Context Menu Glitch: Hello, so this happens on rare occasions, from time to time. It really doesn't bother me, yet it just looks strange. When I right click on the Recycle Bin, an extra context menu entry shows up: Paste Nothing happens when I click on Paste. It's weird. .... Okay I just...
  7. Context Menu

Context Menu: I think I installed a demo software or game really long time ago by a private developer on my PC, but I noticed later that had led to the presence of "usmanworldfree.com" on the right click menu. How can i remove it? Help in this regard will be much appreciated....
  8. context menue

context menue: my context menu does not show the ability to set windows in a pattern ,side by side etc. how can this be add? all tutorial for moving windows into various groupings start with right clicking to get the context menu which has these patterns....
  9. Right Click Context Menu Glitch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Click Context Menu Glitch: If I Right Click in File Explorer or on Desktop and hover over "New," The Menu Freezes as does file explorer and will hang for around 30 seconds to one minute. Very Frustrating and hope it can be fixed!...
  10. context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    context menu: right click on desktop blank space, a context menu appears as I click on its "new" item no respond and the menu automatically closed. what is the matter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/2843ddc0-0011-4c82-b2ab-ab281dd3271b