Windows 10: context menu has no "open with". How can I get one

Discus and support context menu has no "open with". How can I get one in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to open a selected browser for certain web shortcuts but context menu has no "open with" .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobtSpears, Mar 17, 2020.

1. context menu has no "open with". How can I get one

I want to open a selected browser for certain web shortcuts but context menu has no "open with" .

:)

RobtSpears, Mar 17, 2020

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown context menu has no "open with". How can I get one :(

ArmoredCavalry, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Issue with opening properties in context menu

Original Title: properties

My properties cannot be opened in context menu. Give me a step by step fix, please.

Just give me the location please., Mar 17, 2020
  4. context menu has no "open with". How can I get one

Issue with opening properties in context menu

Ignoring the fact that my "issue" was bloody self-explanatory.

1. I am not able to open ANY properties for ANY particular file or folder. Give me a step by step fix, please.

2. No, I did NOT get any error messages. Yet, my properties cannot be opened in context menu. Give me a step by step fix, please.

3. No, I did NOT make any recent changes before the issue started.
    Give me a step by step fix, please.

My properties cannot be opened in context menu. Give me a step by step fix, please.

Just give me the location please., Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

context menu has no "open with". How can I get one

1. context menu has no "open with". How can I get one - Similar Threads - context menu has

2. how can rearrange context menu commands

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can rearrange context menu commands: Hi, how can i move cut copy to the upper of context menu I use zoomed desktop layout 150% and also I use to many apps which occupy many places in context menu, I have to scroll down context menu to see cut copy options also there might be other commands I don't need how...
  3. How can I add an "open with app" for txt files on context menu in registry

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I add an "open with app" for txt files on context menu in registry: I want to add some "open with app" options when right clicking on a txt file. I already have notepad++ for "open" and notepad for "edit" but want to add more e.g. "open with atom". (Also want to do something similar with *.jpg where I have multiple image editors) I'm quite...
  4. A problem with "Open" menu context - affects one particular program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A problem with "Open" menu context - affects one particular program: I made a mistake of using a program to clean up my system which I suspect has caused me the problem that I describe below and now I'm faced with a rather weird situation. One particular program will not open by right clicking on it in Windows Explorer and selecting "Open" or...
  5. A problem with "Open" menu context - affects one particular program

in Windows 10 Support
    A problem with "Open" menu context - affects one particular program: I made a mistake of using a program to clean up my system which I suspect has caused me the problem that I describe below and now I'm faced with a rather weird situation. One particular program will not open by right clicking on it in Windows Explorer and selecting "Open" or...
  6. Windows Context Menu Not Opening

Windows Context Menu Not Opening: Hey Anyone, WHEN I RIGHT CLICK ON TASKBAR AND SELECT TASKBAR SETTING IT DOES NOT OPEN SETTING ELSE IT FLASHES COMMAND PROMPT LIKE SOMETHING WHICH JUST POPS UP AND CLOSE AND NOTHING HAPPENS... THE SAME PROBLEM ALSO OCCUR WHEN I RIGHT CLICK ON DESKTOP AND SELECT DESKTOP...
  7. How can I get Start Menu to open faster?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I get Start Menu to open faster?: The first time I try to open my Start Menu each day it takes 30 or more seconds for the window to open. What can I do to get my Start Menu to open faster? Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903 64-bit Dell I5-2400 3.10 GHZ 4 GB RAM...
  8. context menu 'open' video

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    context menu 'open' video: When i right click on a video and select open my video opens in windows media player. I would like to edit the open value in the registry so it opens in another program. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where this 'open' value would be. I have found 'open...
  9. open with notepad context menu

open with notepad context menu: Code: ;notepad [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell] @="\"notepad.exe %1\"" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\open] @="Open &With Notepad" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\open\command] @="notepad.exe %1"[/quote] the above dont seem to give me open with notepad in context menu unlike in win7. any...
  10. How to fix 'Open with' on file context menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to fix 'Open with' on file context menu.: I have a few file extensions where the 'Open with' option is not working. When I right click on these extensions I get an 'Open with' option with an arrow that just produces another 'Open with' instead of a list of other programs that can open the particular file extension....