Windows 10: context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option

Discus and support context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PeteCursi, Jan 27, 2020.

1. PeteCursi Win User

context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option

:)

PeteCursi, Jan 27, 2020

2. Add option to context menu to open file type

By default, Windows will open a MIDI file with Windows Media Player on double-click. This is fine. However, I'd like to add the option to open MIDI files to the context menu (right click).

As it is, to open a MIDI file with MuseScore (my current preferred software), I have to do: Right click > Open With > Choose Another App > More apps > (scroll to find MuseScore) > OK.

This is too many steps. How can I get the context menu to offer MuseScore as an option in it's menu - or at least as an option in "Open With"?

Thanks!

gntsketches, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option :(

ArmoredCavalry, Jan 27, 2020
  4. context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option

Issue with opening properties in context menu

Original Title: properties

My properties cannot be opened in context menu. Give me a step by step fix, please.

Just give me the location please., Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

1. context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option - Similar Threads - context menu missing

2. Missing "Open With" Option in Windows 10 Context Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing "Open With" Option in Windows 10 Context Menu: Hi, I've noticed that the "Open With" option is missing from the context menu in Windows 10. When I right-click on a file, I expect to see the "Open With" menu to choose which program to open the file with, but it's not there. I've tried restarting my computer and checking...
  3. Missing "Open With" Option in Windows 10 Context Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing "Open With" Option in Windows 10 Context Menu: Hi, I've noticed that the "Open With" option is missing from the context menu in Windows 10. When I right-click on a file, I expect to see the "Open With" menu to choose which program to open the file with, but it's not there. I've tried restarting my computer and checking...
  4. Missing "Open With" Option in Windows 10 Context Menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  6. Missing options in Context menu/New

Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  7. Missing context menu options following update

Missing context menu options following update: Hello team,Following a recent update, I am missing my context menu options. I have been able to restore the WinRAR ones via the app, but OneDrive options are limited. This is significantly impacting my workflow as I sync alot of work folders with my local machine and share...
  8. "Convert to" option missing in context menu

"Convert to" option missing in context menu: Dear Microsoft, previously when I was a windows10 user, I had an option named "Convert to" or something like that from where I used to convert my PDF files to excel, word, or PowerPoint...but after the windows 11 update I noticed that option as missing in my context menu the...
  9. "Convert to" option missing in context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Convert to" option missing in context menu: Dear Microsoft, previously when I was a windows10 user, I had an option named "Convert to" or something like that from where I used to convert my PDF files to excel, word, or PowerPoint...but after the windows 11 update I noticed that option as missing in my context menu the...
  10. Options missing from file context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Options missing from file context menu.: when I go to file explorer and open a file and I want to cope or deleted it I right click on the file and and window open up and I cant see the words to fine cope or deleted. How do I change it so I can see the words when I right click. ***Title changed from: [missing...