Windows 10: Context Menu is slow and irritating.

Discus and support Context Menu is slow and irritating. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am Aryesh and I have a problem with my windows 10 context menu. Right click context menu actually. When I right click a folder or a notepad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aryesh Biswas, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Context Menu is slow and irritating.

Hello, I am Aryesh and I have a problem with my windows 10 context menu. Right click context menu actually. When I right click a folder or a notepad document, app shortcut, etc. There is a little busy cursor for some time and then the context menu appears. Any suggestions? I saw some tutorials they said to go to a location in the registry and delete some keys. But, to leave two keys New and Work Folders. I can't find the 'New' key over there.

I own an HP Laptop

Specs:

Intel Core i3 8th gen

4GB ram

intel hd graphics

Any help is much appreciated.

:)

Aryesh Biswas, Sep 8, 2020

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Context Menu is slow and irritating. :(

ArmoredCavalry, Sep 8, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Context Menu Very, Very Slow

Please confirm you used Autoruns to disable context menu entries...

Context Menu is slow and irritating. [​IMG]

- note second to last on folders e.g.

The next to try is the venerable Contextedit:

Context Menu is slow and irritating. [​IMG]

- note the two Folder entries further down on the left too.

However your comments suggest there may be something deeper.

dalchina, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Context Menu is slow and irritating.

Slow Context New Submenu in Windows 10

A slow right-click is caused by context menu handlers. See here: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm

This article will show you how to disable "context menu" handlers step-by-step. In so doing, you'll be able to see which handler would be caused slow menu.

user1004024, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Context Menu is slow and irritating.

1. Context Menu is slow and irritating. - Similar Threads - Context Menu slow

2. context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    context menu: i just reinstalled windows but when we right click on desktop which shows refresh option it i s always showing to my left . the menu opens to the left of my mouse.should not it be opening to the right of my mouse...
  3. Context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Context menu: Hello, I am running a machine with Windows 10 Pro which had version 1703, a few days ago I updated to 20H2. When I had 1703 all ok.... But when I upgraded to 20H2 EACH RIGHT CLICK TAKES ABOUT 5 SECONDS. I think a 4GB ram and i3 processor should not take so long for a right...
  4. context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    context menu: how to add 'desktop' to 'send to option' WIN 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/671f83fb-b3a9-449a-9564-ea120c0b78b8
  5. Context Menu

Context Menu: Is there a way to edit context menus in Windows 10 without having to deal with the registry? If yes, how? Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/593aefd6-7ccd-433f-920b-1da873dd4694
  6. Context Menu Very, Very Slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Context Menu Very, Very Slow: so i just did an in-place upgrade that resolved pretty much all of the issues i was having, but unfortunately the context menu is now extremely slow. let me rephrase that, it's lightning quick when on the desktop or certain files (.dll for example), in fact it couldn't be...
  7. Context Menu

Context Menu: I think I installed a demo software or game really long time ago by a private developer on my PC, but I noticed later that had led to the presence of "usmanworldfree.com" on the right click menu. How can i remove it? Help in this regard will be much appreciated....
  8. context menue

context menue: my context menu does not show the ability to set windows in a pattern ,side by side etc. how can this be add? all tutorial for moving windows into various groupings start with right clicking to get the context menu which has these patterns....
  9. context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    context menu: right click on desktop blank space, a context menu appears as I click on its "new" item no respond and the menu automatically closed. what is the matter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/2843ddc0-0011-4c82-b2ab-ab281dd3271b
  10. "Open With" context Menu slow to load

in Windows 10 Support
    "Open With" context Menu slow to load: Hi all, so when i right click on the file and point to the "open with" menu, it should show the list of programs that the file could be opened. Every time after a restart the "open with" menu would take like 3 seconds to load, and after that first load, it would show the...