Windows 10: Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive

Discus and support Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,After opening C Drive, when I right click, all Context Menu Items except the New Folder is found to be missing.So currently any text document or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sanmoy281, Apr 9, 2022.

1. Sanmoy281 Win User

Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive

Hi,After opening C Drive, when I right click, all Context Menu Items except the New Folder is found to be missing.So currently any text document or other files in C drive cannot be created.Kindly help me with the issue.Thanks & Regards,Sanu

:)

Sanmoy281, Apr 9, 2022
  2. TheOne320 Win User

Word Context Menu Item Missing

Hello I am having a problem related to the above topic. My menu entry for the Word Document is missing from the context menu. The registry key is there, but the menu entry is not. I am using the Office 365 x64 version.

Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive [​IMG]

I already wrote here but did not arrive at a solution.
    What I have already tried:
    1. Win+R -> WinWord /r
    2. Registry:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Word.Document.12\shell\New]
    @="@C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Root\\VFS\\ProgramFilesCommonX64\\Microsoft Shared\\Office16\\oregres.dll,-2"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Word.Document.12\shell\New\command]
    @="\"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Root\\Office16\\WINWORD.EXE\" /n /f \"%1\""

4. Reinstall Office 365
    5. Putting a "WORD12.docx" file in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\vfs\Windows\SHELLNEW" and modifying the registry to:
    Code:

TheOne320, Apr 9, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    Modify Title of Context Menu Item

This is curiously difficult. No one utility seems to offer a complete list of context menu entries as far as I know.

For example, using Shellmenuview, you can access the relevant entry in Regedit. For some it appears to offer the ability to change that text:

That's an installed program.

For others, it doesn't.

(That's a default Windows program....).

Note too the text appears in multiple places where the program is associated with multiple extensions.

The venerable ContextMenuEdit allows you to edit the text, but again, this is non-trivial- consider here the extension list supported by vlc player, undifferentiated in the left column:

To be consistent, each one would have to be edited- then if you changed player, all that would be lost.

Basically this, I suggest, is not worth pursuing except in very specific cases should there be a real need.

Considering the impact of upgrading, changes to installed program context menu entries should not be affected. Changes to Windows default entries- if that's even feasible, which I doubt, as I believe the text isn't in the registry, would be restored to default.

dalchina, Apr 9, 2022
  4. Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive

Add or Remove Start Context menu items

Nyima,

I was not asking about adding and removing regular app items to the start menu, but rather adding or removing items from the Context Menu (Win+X). Specifically, I would like to add the Devices and Printers item to the list.

Thank you for the response.

Crazy IT Dude, Apr 9, 2022
Thema:

Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive

1. Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive - Similar Threads - Context Menu Items

2. Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive: Hi,After opening C Drive, when I right click, all Context Menu Items except the New Folder is found to be missing.So currently any text document or other files in C drive cannot be created.Kindly help me with the issue.Thanks & Regards,Sanu...
  3. Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive: Hi,After opening C Drive, when I right click, all Context Menu Items except the New Folder is found to be missing.So currently any text document or other files in C drive cannot be created.Kindly help me with the issue.Thanks & Regards,Sanu...
  4. Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Explorer context menu new items are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer context menu new items are missing: Hi,I am using Windows 11 and this started happening today.When I right click, it shows the explorer right click context menu, which includes New. If I hover over that, it shows a bunch of different office apps to choose from. However, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is not in...
  7. Explorer context menu new items are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer context menu new items are missing: Hi,I am using Windows 11 and this started happening today.When I right click, it shows the explorer right click context menu, which includes New. If I hover over that, it shows a bunch of different office apps to choose from. However, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is not in...
  8. Missing items in context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing items in context menu: I've noticed that when ever I right click on my Desktop: no longer have nvidia control panel as an option Files: no winrar options like add to archive Certain games: no locale emulator -> run in Japanese There's most likely other stuff missing from context menu too I just...
  9. Word Context Menu Item Missing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word Context Menu Item Missing: Hello I am having a problem related to the above topic. My menu entry for the Word Document is missing from the context menu. The registry key is there, but the menu entry is not. I am using the Office 365 x64 version. [img] I already wrote here but did not arrive at a...
  10. Display Drive link missing from context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Drive link missing from context menu: The Display Driver link that is usually the first line on the context menu right click on desktop is gone. So is the Start Menu. But sometimes Start will have Productivity with MS apps in it. This is the third time this has happened this week. Earlier this week I used the...