Windows 10: Context menu missing on Windows11 - bad for renaming. Annoying to use.

Discus and support Context menu missing on Windows11 - bad for renaming. Annoying to use. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Surface Studio Laptop with windows 11 and a Surface Laptop 4 running windows 10. I will not upgrade to Windows11 on the Laptop4. The context... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MartinSchuchert, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Context menu missing on Windows11 - bad for renaming. Annoying to use.

I have a Surface Studio Laptop with windows 11 and a Surface Laptop 4 running windows 10. I will not upgrade to Windows11 on the Laptop4. The context menu is missing. We are a ,small consulting office working for various clients and we need to rename files constantly. The context menu right click doesn't show the rename option on the first click. That's very bad and annoying and costing us time and lost revenue. I love my new surface computers, but I hate windows11 because the rename option is harder to get to. There are fixes out there, but I don't want to mess with the registry. Why do I h

:)

MartinSchuchert, Aug 12, 2022
  2. User919 Win User
    User919, Aug 12, 2022
  3. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Context menu missing on Windows11 - bad for renaming. Annoying to use. :(

ArmoredCavalry, Aug 12, 2022
  4. Context menu missing on Windows11 - bad for renaming. Annoying to use.

"Convert to" option missing in context menu

Dear Microsoft, previously when I was a windows10 user, I had an option named "Convert to" or something like that from where I used to convert my PDF files to excel, word, or PowerPoint...but after the windows 11 update I noticed that option as missing in my context menu (the menu which appears after right click) and this has made me to problem, I don't want to risk my data and go to the internet for converting those files from untrusted sources, no matter if the website/application converters are safe but the context menu was the best with that button. Is there ANY way to get it back in my current system (windows11)!
    _Waiting for an answer from experts of Microsoft_

ARJUN2000HP, Aug 12, 2022
Thema:

Context menu missing on Windows11 - bad for renaming. Annoying to use.

1. Context menu missing on Windows11 - bad for renaming. Annoying to use. - Similar Threads - Context menu missing

2. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  3. Onerive context menu missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onerive context menu missing: The context menu right click with the "Share/View Online/Always Keep On This Device" options is missing on one of my computers for some reason. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling OneDrive, but that didn't fix it. I also tried the solutions from the Microsoft support...
  4. Onerive context menu missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onerive context menu missing: The context menu right click with the "Share/View Online/Always Keep On This Device" options is missing on one of my computers for some reason. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling OneDrive, but that didn't fix it. I also tried the solutions from the Microsoft support...
  5. Onerive context menu missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Context menu missing on Windows11 - bad for renaming. Annoying to use.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Context menu missing on Windows11 - bad for renaming. Annoying to use.: I have a Surface Studio Laptop with windows 11 and a Surface Laptop 4 running windows 10. I will not upgrade to Windows11 on the Laptop4. The context menu is missing. We are a ,small consulting office working for various clients and we need to rename files constantly. The...
  7. "Convert to" option missing in context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Convert to" option missing in context menu: Dear Microsoft, previously when I was a windows10 user, I had an option named "Convert to" or something like that from where I used to convert my PDF files to excel, word, or PowerPoint...but after the windows 11 update I noticed that option as missing in my context menu the...
  8. Missing items in context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing items in context menu: I've noticed that when ever I right click on my Desktop: no longer have nvidia control panel as an option Files: no winrar options like add to archive Certain games: no locale emulator -> run in Japanese There's most likely other stuff missing from context menu too I just...
  9. Rename item in New context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rename item in New context menu: There are many well descripted sources about how to add/delete item from context menu new – for instance Edit, Add, Remove items from New Context Menu in Windows 10 – but none of them states how to rename such item in reliable way. I found article Change Name/Description...
  10. Powershell Missing in Context Menu - FOUND!

in Windows 10 Support
    Powershell Missing in Context Menu - FOUND!: Right-click on start button displays a context menu with a variety of system options. Until 10074, that could include Command Prompt or Powershell. In this build, Powershell seems to have disappeared, but not really. It is on the Quick Access Toolbar just below, or over, the...