Windows 10: Context Menu "New" hanging up

Discus and support Context Menu "New" hanging up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I still have an issue with my Context Menu "New" hanging up; when will MS fix that one?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dustymars, Apr 12, 2019.

1. dustymars Win User

Context Menu "New" hanging up

I still have an issue with my Context Menu "New" hanging up; when will MS fix that one?

:)

dustymars, Apr 12, 2019

2. Problem with New Context Menu

The option to add a new Rich Text File seems to have disappeared from my Context Menu and I'm not sure why.

I'm not computer savvy, but after a bit of Googling I read how you can add and delete options from the New Context Menu though the Registry Editor. When I went to check it the .rtf folder under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT still has it's ShellNew folder so I'm not
    sure what the issue is or if perhaps there's something wrong with it. I also found a tool to easily enable/disable file types on the New Context Menu, and .rtf is listed along with everything else and checked off as "enabled" but for some reason is not showing
    up, even after I tried disabling and enabling it a couple of times. This is extremely frustrating as that's the file type I use the most.

Any suggestions as to what the problem is or how to fix it?

MadeOfKittens, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Context Menu "New" hanging up :(

ArmoredCavalry, Apr 12, 2019
  4. Necrofire Win User

CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

Context Menu "New" hanging up ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

Context Menu "New" hanging up ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile Context Menu "New" hanging up :)

Necrofire, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Context Menu "New" hanging up - Similar Threads - Context Menu hanging

2. Windows 10 Context Menu Hangs..!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Context Menu Hangs..!!: Guys,Within my Organization , Several users are facing a issue.Windows10 Right Click Context Menu hangs a lot. Hovering mouse on a file & when we Right Click....system hangs of its own for quite some time. It takes almost 15 sec. for Right Click menu to come up.Also, I...
  3. Windows 10 Context Menu Hangs..!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Context Menu Hangs..!!: Guys,Within my Organization , Several users are facing a issue.Windows10 Right Click Context Menu hangs a lot. Hovering mouse on a file & when we Right Click....system hangs of its own for quite some time. It takes almost 15 sec. for Right Click menu to come up.Also, I...
  4. Windows 10 Context Menu Hangs..!!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Right click New context menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right click New context menu: I wanna know how to rearrange the new menu when you right click. I just installed Microsoft Office 2019 and the default arrangement is really ugly. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/UnsettledForever [link] [comments]...
  6. System hangs on context menu "New"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System hangs on context menu "New": When hovering or clicking on "new" from the context menu my system hangs/freezes for about 11secs before opening the menu. If I click outside of the menu during this state explorer.exe crashes and restarts. I understand the Ctrl+Shift+N shortcut but old habits die hard and...
  7. Context Menu “New” Still Hangs

in Windows 10 Support
    Context Menu “New” Still Hangs: After updates this spring my Context Menu “New” itemis still hanging up for a long time. So I took it off and only put it back whenneeded. When is MS going to fixthis? I tried all the so-calledsolutions found on the Net but nothing works. Dell Inspiron 15 3000-3552,Windows...
  8. VHD to new under context menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    VHD to new under context menu?: Does anyone know by regedit or otherwise if there is a way to make VHD appear under 'New' in the context menu so that essentially you would be able to right-click, hover over 'New', select VHD, and be launched straight into creation of a new VHD? Thanks! 135677
  9. Adding excel in new context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding excel in new context menu: Hi, I'm trying to add excel program in the "new" context menu. [img] I went to regedit (ShellNew) : [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT]; .xlsx [img] I added "NullFile" key and put it to '1' as proposed in several procedures on the net. I restarted my computer...
  10. New shortcut directly on context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    New shortcut directly on context menu: OK, it's on the New submenu. But I'd like to have it right on the main context menu, ready to click. Or maybe a separate shortcut for NewShortcut? 84207

Users found this page by searching for:

1. context menu “new” tag is hangs up