Windows 10: Context Menu "New" option busted after system restore.

Discus and support Context Menu "New" option busted after system restore. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I performed a system restore and now the "New" option in the context menu is busted. Specifically, it currently looks like this: [ATTACH] As... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RaulAlvarez4, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Context Menu "New" option busted after system restore.

Hi!

I performed a system restore and now the "New" option in the context menu is busted. Specifically, it currently looks like this:

Context Menu "New" option busted after system restore. 10294e66-f724-4b01-9636-f81ac0c9f5eb?upload=true.png

As you can clearly see, there's a lot of stuff missing all options for new files and all that, and strangely enough the "New Folder" Carpeta option, actually tries to create a "Direct Access" Acceso directo, so that's busted too.

I can't wrap my head around what could be causing this, since this is a after a fresh system restore. Anyways, I searched aned tried like 15 differnt solutions and nothing has worked thus far so I'd like some help with this. Thanks!

:)

RaulAlvarez4, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Tenforo Active Member

Problem with New Context Menu

The option to add a new Rich Text File seems to have disappeared from my Context Menu and I'm not sure why.

I'm not computer savvy, but after a bit of Googling I read how you can add and delete options from the New Context Menu though the Registry Editor. When I went to check it the .rtf folder under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT still has it's ShellNew folder so I'm not
    sure what the issue is or if perhaps there's something wrong with it. I also found a tool to easily enable/disable file types on the New Context Menu, and .rtf is listed along with everything else and checked off as "enabled" but for some reason is not showing
    up, even after I tried disabling and enabling it a couple of times. This is extremely frustrating as that's the file type I use the most.

Any suggestions as to what the problem is or how to fix it?

Tenforo, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Tenforo Active Member
    change the right click "new" context menu options

How may I edit the right click context menu to add apps or options that are relevant. Right click on the desktop and a menu pops up offering to "view > ", or " sort by >" and so forth. Under right click "new > " after "folder" and "shortcut" are a list
    of totally useless (to me) choices for a new Microsoft word document or data base document or a number of other Microsoft apps that I do not have or use. How may I edit the right click context menu to add apps or options that are relevant. Thank you

Tenforo, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Jelu Cal Win User
    Context menu problem

Hi,

Your concern with the context menu can be due to the configuration of your device and/or broken system files. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• The last known changes made/activities performed on your device prior to your concern.
    • If you've experienced your concern on all areas in Windows 10 where context menu is expected to be available. Examples are File Explorer and desktop icons.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In addition, we'd like to request for a screenshot of your concern with the context menu.

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing a clean boot in Windows to isolate software conflicts on your device. To do this, you can perform the steps posted on this link.
    In the clean boot environment, check if you'll be able to load the usual options for the context menu. The link will also provide steps to isolate the possible cause of the issue. Once you're done troubleshooting, check the How
    to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    section to revert your device to normal boot.

If you still experience your concern while in the clean boot environment, we'd recommend creating a new user/administrator account to isolate profile related issues. To do this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Context Menu "New" option busted after system restore.

1. Context Menu "New" option busted after system restore. - Similar Threads - Context Menu option

2. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  3. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  4. Restore "Next Desktop Background" context menu option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore "Next Desktop Background" context menu option: Hello,I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I read that in Windows 8 and Windows 10, the option should appear fromDesktop > Right Click empty space to open context menu > "Next desktop background"However it doesn't appear. Is the option available? --Additionally, on Windows 8 I...
  5. Restore "Next Desktop Background" context menu option

Restore "Next Desktop Background" context menu option: Hello,I recently upgraded to Windows 10. I read that in Windows 8 and Windows 10, the option should appear fromDesktop > Right Click empty space to open context menu > "Next desktop background"However it doesn't appear. Is the option available? --Additionally, on Windows 8 I...
  6. Restore "Next Desktop Background" context menu option

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. New context menu at desktop missing options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New context menu at desktop missing options: right click desktop context menu New is missing options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-context-menu-at-desktop-missing-options/962bad6a-a3b9-4c2a-bef3-2517df5b7e8e
  8. New context menu at desktop missing options

New context menu at desktop missing options: right click desktop context menu New is missing options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-context-menu-at-desktop-missing-options/962bad6a-a3b9-4c2a-bef3-2517df5b7e8e
  9. New context menu at desktop missing options

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. System hangs on context menu "New"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System hangs on context menu "New": When hovering or clicking on "new" from the context menu my system hangs/freezes for about 11secs before opening the menu. If I click outside of the menu during this state explorer.exe crashes and restarts. I understand the Ctrl+Shift+N shortcut but old habits die hard and...