Windows 10: Context menu not working on HD files

Discus and support Context menu not working on HD files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; OK here we go again Don't know what happened to my other thread ??? If I right click on large (High Definition) video files to see the context menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GavinTurner2, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Context menu not working on HD files

OK here we go again

Don't know what happened to my other thread ???

If I right click on large (High Definition) video files to see the context menu the process starts but never completes.

If I click again most times it will simply white out and freeze.

No problems at all with other files on my PC.

I have taken the very same files to another PC also running Windows 10 and the same problem happens.

The problem does not happen with the same files on a PC running Windows 7.

Thank you Vijay for your suggestions which I tried with no resolution.

I believe the problem is with windows 10 and not my PC since the same problem happens on a Windows 10 PC at my workplace

Help Please

:)

GavinTurner2, Oct 13, 2018

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Context menu not working on HD files :(

ArmoredCavalry, Oct 13, 2018
  3. How to get rid of old context menus?

I was going to suggest editing teh registry , but....

francis511, Oct 13, 2018
  4. AndreePin Win User

Context menu not working on HD files

AndreePin, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Context menu not working on HD files

1. Context menu not working on HD files - Similar Threads - Context menu working

2. context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    context menu: i just reinstalled windows but when we right click on desktop which shows refresh option it i s always showing to my left . the menu opens to the left of my mouse.should not it be opening to the right of my mouse...
  3. Customize File Explorer context menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize File Explorer context menu?: I tried searching the tutorials but came up empty . . . Is it possible to customize the file explorer context menu to remove items you don't want to appear on the menu? The "context" in this case is the menu that appears when you click on a .txt file, an image file or a...
  4. Context Menu

Context Menu: I think I installed a demo software or game really long time ago by a private developer on my PC, but I noticed later that had led to the presence of "usmanworldfree.com" on the right click menu. How can i remove it? Help in this regard will be much appreciated....
  5. context menue

context menue: my context menu does not show the ability to set windows in a pattern ,side by side etc. how can this be add? all tutorial for moving windows into various groupings start with right clicking to get the context menu which has these patterns....
  6. context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    context menu: right click on desktop blank space, a context menu appears as I click on its "new" item no respond and the menu automatically closed. what is the matter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/2843ddc0-0011-4c82-b2ab-ab281dd3271b
  7. Right Click context menu no show HD Video files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Right Click context menu no show HD Video files: I have many Video files on PC Some are large files (5gb) High Definition Movies Movies have been recorded from TV using topfield PVR Most are 1920 x 1080 resolution some have 2 channel audio some have 6 channel audio Also have some standard definition movies I have just got a...
  8. No context menu HD video files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No context menu HD video files: I have many video files some are High Definition Movies. When I right click on the larger (HD) files the action to show the context menu begins but then it just churns away for as long as i care to wait but the context menu will not appear. If I click again most times it...
  9. Pinning files to links context menu

Pinning files to links context menu: If I right-click the Excel link in my windows start menu, the context menu displays several pinned excel files that I commonly use. I need to change the properties (file location) in one of these pinned links. I recall creating some desktop short cuts and then moving them to...
  10. Remove Intel HD Graphics desktop context menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Intel HD Graphics desktop context menu in Windows: How to: Remove Intel HD Graphics desktop context menu in Windows How to Add or Remove Intel HD Graphics desktop context menu in Windows If you have Intel HD graphics drivers installed, then this tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Intel Graphics Properties...