Windows 10: Context menu of Recent item of pinned taskbar missing

Discus and support Context menu of Recent item of pinned taskbar missing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So this happened to me quite recently, the context menu of recent items from pinned taskbar items is blank now. I did not install anything new recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RustyHippo, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Context menu of Recent item of pinned taskbar missing

So this happened to me quite recently, the context menu of recent items from pinned taskbar items is blank now. I did not install anything new recently too, I have tried disabling context menu that are not from Windows using CCleaner's tool and also shexview but still can't get it to work. I really want to pin items and remove recent items. Can someone advise me on what to do next?

Context menu of Recent item of pinned taskbar missing [​IMG]

:)

RustyHippo, Oct 26, 2017

2. Limit on quick access items in november update of file explorer Win10

Did a right click on File Explorer pinned to my Taskbar.

Did a second click on a "Recent" item to pin it to the QA "Pinned"

The result is that nothing happened - Pinned remains at 12 items.

Same outcome when I attempt to drag.

What is going on?

Then I open the File Explorer and compare the items -

I see an item missing from the RT click menu.

Attempt to pin a "Recent" item - to make it available on the RT click menu - no luck.

I now have 22 pinned items + two unpinned (24 total) on the open QA menu.

The RT click menu remains at 12 pinned + but now there are 12 unpinned.

Now - why the difference in the number of pinned in the same program of the identical items?

The QA became momentarily unresponsive when I attempted to drag items onto it.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

p

pdavenport987, Oct 26, 2017
  3. Pin to taskbar - Windows 10 Ent. x64 (Ver. 1511 - OS Build 10586)

Hi,

If you're using the "InvokeVerb" method to Pin items to Taskbar, note that it no longer works in Windows 10. The "Pin to taskbar" verb doesn't even list when the context menu entries are enumerated using script.

There is a workaround, using a third-party tool. Check out:

Pin Programs to the Taskbar in Windows 10 with Group Policy

Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 26, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Context menu of Recent item of pinned taskbar missing

Can you post the whole screenshot. Recent Items can clear over the set number allowed in Files and Folders in the Control Panel. If you want a better menu, use either Start8 or Classic Shell. Also toss CCleaner and use Bit Bleach if you wish to delete anything that could be private.

bro67, Oct 26, 2017
  5. oh, I meant the context menu when I right click the items under recent, so as you can see that grey box on the right is me right-clicking the item. It used to show options like "pin", "remove from recent", "properties", "open file location", etc. somewhere along those options.

Sorry I wasn't clear earlier

RustyHippo, Oct 26, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Again, see my first post. We need the screenshot of the whole screen with what you are trying to state. It makes things a whole lot easier to help you.

bro67, Oct 27, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello RustyHippo, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

I believe he's referring to the "Pin" and "Unpin" icons not showing on the right side of the items in the jump list.

Does it still work if you click on the area where the icon should be?

You could try running a SFC /SCANNOW command to see if it may help if a corrupted system file is at fault.

*Arrow Run SFC Command in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Brink, Oct 27, 2017
  8. Context menu of Recent item of pinned taskbar missing

I don't really see the point of putting a whole screenshot when there's nothing more to see since the context menu is empty. But here it is:

the pin and unpin icon is still there when I hover my cursor over it, but when I right click the items, the context menu is empty. It used to show options like "open file location", "properties", "remove from recent", etc

sfc did detect corrupted files, fixed them and rebooted. scanned again, still corrupted files, trying out using dism to restore now, will update later

RustyHippo, Oct 27, 2017
  9. Context menu of Recent item of pinned taskbar missing [​IMG]

looks like dism restore health did the trick. Thanks guys

RustyHippo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Context menu of Recent item of pinned taskbar missing

1. Context menu of Recent item of pinned taskbar missing - Similar Threads - Context menu Recent

2. Windows 11 Taskbar Item Context Menu Icon Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar Item Context Menu Icon Missing: I am trying to find a way to fix broken icons in the right-click context menu of various items in the Windows 11 taskbar.Affected items are:Windows TerminalNotepadMicrosoft To Do icon has sporadically come and goneTroubleshooting steps taken so far:unpin/repin affected...
  3. Windows 11 Taskbar Item Context Menu Icon Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Taskbar Item Context Menu Icon Missing: I am trying to find a way to fix broken icons in the right-click context menu of various items in the Windows 11 taskbar.Affected items are:Windows TerminalNotepadMicrosoft To Do icon has sporadically come and goneTroubleshooting steps taken so far:unpin/repin affected...
  4. Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Context Menu Items are missing from C Drive: Hi,After opening C Drive, when I right click, all Context Menu Items except the New Folder is found to be missing.So currently any text document or other files in C drive cannot be created.Kindly help me with the issue.Thanks & Regards,Sanu...
  5. Explorer context menu new items are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer context menu new items are missing: Hi,I am using Windows 11 and this started happening today.When I right click, it shows the explorer right click context menu, which includes New. If I hover over that, it shows a bunch of different office apps to choose from. However, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is not in...
  6. Explorer context menu new items are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer context menu new items are missing: Hi,I am using Windows 11 and this started happening today.When I right click, it shows the explorer right click context menu, which includes New. If I hover over that, it shows a bunch of different office apps to choose from. However, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is not in...
  7. Missing items in context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing items in context menu: I've noticed that when ever I right click on my Desktop: no longer have nvidia control panel as an option Files: no winrar options like add to archive Certain games: no locale emulator -> run in Japanese There's most likely other stuff missing from context menu too I just...
  8. Word Context Menu Item Missing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word Context Menu Item Missing: Hello I am having a problem related to the above topic. My menu entry for the Word Document is missing from the context menu. The registry key is there, but the menu entry is not. I am using the Office 365 x64 version. [img] I already wrote here but did not arrive at a...
  9. A lot of items in context menu suddenly went missing

in Windows 10 Support
    A lot of items in context menu suddenly went missing: Short version: Title Long version: Also title. And I checked inside Programs and Features to see if any programs did this. Only Adobe Flash Player + Firefox + Avast updating themselves, and I installed K-Lite and WinCDEmu. Pretty sure K-Lite was not the problem. WinCDEmu...
  10. Windows 10 blank context menu on pinned items (taskbar)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 blank context menu on pinned items (taskbar): Hello there! I have Windows 10 (64-bit) with last updates. Everything worked well, but once I noticed that shortcut «WIN + S» (start search) doesn't work ;( Then, i try to remove some pinned items from explorer (on taksbar), but get blank context menu ;((( Screenshot →...