Windows 10: Context Menu Option to Concatenate Audio Files

Discus and support Context Menu Option to Concatenate Audio Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It seems like, in Windows 7 or maybe XP, I used to have a tool or tweak that would create a right-click option to immediately merge two audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by raywood, Feb 15, 2020.

1. raywood Win User

Context Menu Option to Concatenate Audio Files

It seems like, in Windows 7 or maybe XP, I used to have a tool or tweak that would create a right-click option to immediately merge two audio (especially .wav and .mp3) files, producing a single output audio file that would contain both (or all of) the selected input files, one after the other. I don't remember what that old tool might have been called, and I am having a hard time finding anything like that in Win10.

There are alternatives that will do the job, if you don't mind screwing around with a lot of settings and window moving, every time you want to join two audio files. Examples include Audacity, the command line, and various free or at least paid tools (e.g., Media Cope; those listed by Windows Report). But the extra clicks and settings are a killer if you need to perform such operations often.

I've found JoinExt in Wayback (complete with source code, which I don't know how to modify). I don't think this was the tool I used previously, but it's got the right idea: select your (two or more) input .wavs, right-click, and a window opens to let you arrange the files in the desired order. Unfortunately, it seems to have been created in 2006. Apparently it worked in Win7, but in Win10 it seems to output only the first selected audio file.

It seems like there ought to be a way to create a context menu entry that would simply run the copy /b input1.mp3 + input2.mp3 output.mp3 command. That would lack the option of rearranging the input order, but at least it would help in those cases where filename order suffices.

:)

raywood, Feb 15, 2020

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Context Menu Option to Concatenate Audio Files :(

ArmoredCavalry, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Add option to context menu to open file type

By default, Windows will open a MIDI file with Windows Media Player on double-click. This is fine. However, I'd like to add the option to open MIDI files to the context menu (right click).

As it is, to open a MIDI file with MuseScore (my current preferred software), I have to do: Right click > Open With > Choose Another App > More apps > (scroll to find MuseScore) > OK.

This is too many steps. How can I get the context menu to offer MuseScore as an option in it's menu - or at least as an option in "Open With"?

Thanks!

gntsketches, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Context Menu Option to Concatenate Audio Files

Problem with New Context Menu

The option to add a new Rich Text File seems to have disappeared from my Context Menu and I'm not sure why.

I'm not computer savvy, but after a bit of Googling I read how you can add and delete options from the New Context Menu though the Registry Editor. When I went to check it the .rtf folder under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT still has it's ShellNew folder so I'm not
    sure what the issue is or if perhaps there's something wrong with it. I also found a tool to easily enable/disable file types on the New Context Menu, and .rtf is listed along with everything else and checked off as "enabled" but for some reason is not showing
    up, even after I tried disabling and enabling it a couple of times. This is extremely frustrating as that's the file type I use the most.

Any suggestions as to what the problem is or how to fix it?

MadeOfKittens, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Context Menu Option to Concatenate Audio Files

1. Context Menu Option to Concatenate Audio Files - Similar Threads - Context Menu Option

2. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  3. "Convert to" option missing in context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Convert to" option missing in context menu: Dear Microsoft, previously when I was a windows10 user, I had an option named "Convert to" or something like that from where I used to convert my PDF files to excel, word, or PowerPoint...but after the windows 11 update I noticed that option as missing in my context menu the...
  4. "Convert to" option missing in context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Convert to" option missing in context menu: Dear Microsoft, previously when I was a windows10 user, I had an option named "Convert to" or something like that from where I used to convert my PDF files to excel, word, or PowerPoint...but after the windows 11 update I noticed that option as missing in my context menu the...
  5. Strange option in my context menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange option in my context menu: [ATTACH] I literally have no idea, tried removing it with other third party programs that delete things from the context menu, searched the thing.. nothing. The thing I circled is what I want gone. submitted by /u/Akla9955 [link] [comments]...
  6. Losing most context menu options?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Losing most context menu options?: This has stumped me for a while. Dell Precision M4800. 16GB, 2TB Samsung SSD. Win10 fully updated. All Dell updates too. Once in a while most of the context menu options disappear. Double-clicking a folder won't open it, it'll run VLC instead. This is sometimes followed by...
  7. context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option

in Windows 10 Customization
    context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option: context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu-is-missing-the-open-option/0d7c340c-17ef-4b71-893c-e6da8327f7e2
  8. Option to "add to file history" to context menu?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Option to "add to file history" to context menu?: Is there any way to include an option to "add to file history" to the context menu? It's tedious to have to jump into settings every time I want to add a folder to it. 140176
  9. Add option to context menu to open file type

in Windows 10 Support
    Add option to context menu to open file type: By default, Windows will open a MIDI file with Windows Media Player on double-click. This is fine. However, I'd like to add the option to open MIDI files to the context menu (right click). As it is, to open a MIDI file with MuseScore (my current preferred software), I have...
  10. Options missing from file context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Options missing from file context menu.: when I go to file explorer and open a file and I want to cope or deleted it I right click on the file and and window open up and I cant see the words to fine cope or deleted. How do I change it so I can see the words when I right click. ***Title changed from: [missing...