Windows 10: context menu print option missing for .txt files (notepad++)

Discus and support context menu print option missing for .txt files (notepad++) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So i just ran across my txt files not having the right-click print option. pdf's do, word files do etc. Just nothing for basic old .txt files. Seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Feb 28, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

context menu print option missing for .txt files (notepad++)

So i just ran across my txt files not having the right-click print option. pdf's do, word files do etc. Just nothing for basic old .txt files.

Seems odd and the only thing I can think of is the fact i changed notepad++ to be my editor for them.

Anyone know where this is added in the registry?

:)

klepp0906, Feb 28, 2020
  2. mrje1 Win User

Desktop Context Menu: New No .txt file in there. How to add etc.

Yes I did! In the Context Menu New there is no Notepad++, but I did set Notepad++ via the Open with context menu to open all .txt files. Just to let you know, I did this option before with the .txt option in the context menu new.

mrje1, Feb 28, 2020
  3. How to fix 'Open with' on file context menu.

Only if things are working correctly. Here's a few things I notice:

1. When I go into 'Default Programs' and change .txt files to use another program I do get a list of other programs that I can use to open the .txt file. This list is what should appear on the 'Open with' context menu in File Manager.

2. The extensions with the 'Open with' problem also don't have 'Open' on the context menu. It should be the first entry on the list. I can still click on the file and it will open with he default program.

Got to be something in the Registry. I thought I would find under .txt in the Registry an Openwith List with wordpad and notepad. But there isn't any even on my VM Windows where 'Open with' works fine.

streetwolf, Feb 28, 2020
  4. context menu print option missing for .txt files (notepad++)

Double clicking a txt file, notepad prints it automatically

Notepad prints txt file automatically

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

ArunJoshi1969, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

context menu print option missing for .txt files (notepad++)

1. context menu print option missing for .txt files (notepad++) - Similar Threads - context menu print

2. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  3. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  4. Missing context menu options following update

Missing context menu options following update: Hello team,Following a recent update, I am missing my context menu options. I have been able to restore the WinRAR ones via the app, but OneDrive options are limited. This is significantly impacting my workflow as I sync alot of work folders with my local machine and share...
  5. "Convert to" option missing in context menu

"Convert to" option missing in context menu: Dear Microsoft, previously when I was a windows10 user, I had an option named "Convert to" or something like that from where I used to convert my PDF files to excel, word, or PowerPoint...but after the windows 11 update I noticed that option as missing in my context menu the...
  6. "Convert to" option missing in context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Convert to" option missing in context menu: Dear Microsoft, previously when I was a windows10 user, I had an option named "Convert to" or something like that from where I used to convert my PDF files to excel, word, or PowerPoint...but after the windows 11 update I noticed that option as missing in my context menu the...
  7. Windows Taskbar Context Menu Missing Options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Taskbar Context Menu Missing Options: I have a home PC on Windows 10.0.19042 Build 19042 with the following context menu options.My work PC is on Windows 10.0.19043 Build 19043 almost identical with the following context menu options.I'm trying to install something that depends on having the Toolbars option which...
  8. context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option

context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option: context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu-is-missing-the-open-option/0d7c340c-17ef-4b71-893c-e6da8327f7e2
  9. Options missing from file context menu.

Options missing from file context menu.: when I go to file explorer and open a file and I want to cope or deleted it I right click on the file and and window open up and I cant see the words to fine cope or deleted. How do I change it so I can see the words when I right click. ***Title changed from: [missing...
  10. open with notepad context menu

open with notepad context menu: Code: ;notepad [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell] @="\"notepad.exe %1\"" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\open] @="Open &With Notepad" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\open\command] @="notepad.exe %1"[/quote] the above dont seem to give me open with notepad in context menu unlike in win7. any...