Windows 10: context menu selection color

Discus and support context menu selection color in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So recently something has changed in Windows 10 that has caused the color of items I've selected to be barely different than the color of non-selected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kjlkjadfasdfasd, Jan 23, 2021.

1. context menu selection color

So recently something has changed in Windows 10 that has caused the color of items I've selected to be barely different than the color of non-selected items. This happens in both context menus and even in apps. I think this change started with the 20H2 release. It's happened on multiple PCs, so it is something in Windows itself.

Here are two examples:
    example1.pdfexample2.pdf

In the context menu, I've selected something, and in the other, I've selected multiple items. I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to change the color. I know I can switch to dark mode or high-contrast, but I don't care for dark mode for the OS. I downloaded some app called WinaeroTweaker and looked around, and Stardock's WindowsBlinds but nothing has really helped. I've also tried various themes, but they all change a lot of other stuff, and I just want the selection color changed. This is driving me up the wall. I've put a lot of hours into trying to fix this.

Does anyone know how to change this?

Thanks

:)

kjlkjadfasdfasd, Jan 23, 2021

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown context menu selection color :(

ArmoredCavalry, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Different colors of context menus???

Almost everyone have windows 10 now right? Well when I use an OS, I look at even the slightest thing that bugs me. Windows 10 is full of 'em. Most importantly the GUI. I'n the long list of GUI problems, I would like to add another one from me. context menu selection color :)

You see different places on windows OS have different color of context menu. Literally, distinguishable colors. When you click on desktop, explorer, taskbar, Edge, title bar icons, the list goes on. The thing Which bugs me the most is the black scheme of
    the taskbar context menu. It does not even changes when we select light mode. I have uploaded an image. Well to my surprise I discovered I'm not the only one! there is actually a web site siting the

problem

What do you guys think? Is my opinion utter nonsense? Or it bugs you too ;P

context menu selection color fc16cec2-3f5f-4726-a2cb-8a0ef9baa2e9.png

AlanJameson, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Clasurol Win User

context menu selection color

Changing the Color of the Context Menu & it's Font

This is actually quite nice to see, thank you. So you can edit Fonts still with it (I use Classic theme exclusively). IDK why Microsoft keep removing useful stuff and burying it in the registry - they did the same with MIDI driver selection, which can only be toggled via the registry now.

Clasurol, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

context menu selection color

1. context menu selection color - Similar Threads - context menu selection

2. Low contrast unpleasant hilight color in context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low contrast unpleasant hilight color in context menu: So I updated to Windows 11 a while ago and the classic contex menu should appear with a blue highlight for selected items, mine appear like nearly the same color. Is there a way to bring it back ?I already tried modifying the HKLU/Control Panel/Colors and HKLU/Control...
  3. HOW TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF ICONS IN CONTEXT MENU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF ICONS IN CONTEXT MENU?: Recently I upgraded my OS to 11 from 10. Is there any way to change the blue color of the icons as shown in the image into any other color as per my choice?? I tried changing the accent color but no luck :Pls help me asap!! Thanks in advance...
  4. HOW TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF ICONS IN CONTEXT MENU?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO CHANGE THE COLOR OF ICONS IN CONTEXT MENU?: Recently I upgraded my OS to 11 from 10. Is there any way to change the blue color of the icons as shown in the image into any other color as per my choice?? I tried changing the accent color but no luck :Pls help me asap!! Thanks in advance...
  5. Changing the Color of the Context Menu & it's Font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the Color of the Context Menu & it's Font: I would like to change the background color of the general context menus & also their font, but I can't find a way to do it in Windows 10. In Windows XP (I know...long, long ago*Smile), you could right click the desktop, go to Properties > Appearance > Advanced & make all...
  6. Selected filename in new menu option in Windows Explorer Context Menu

Selected filename in new menu option in Windows Explorer Context Menu: It's possible to add a new menu option to Windows Explorer Context Menu with the first selected filename in menu text? Example: right click on "file.txt" file must show a menuitem called "Open filename.txt with MyProgram"...
  7. Change right-click menu selection color?

Change right-click menu selection color?: I've updated to version 1903 today and notice a ridiculous change: in the right-click menu (such as right-clicking the recycle bin), the selection color showing you what option you are on with your mouse is now white. Since the menu is also white (less white, so fortunately...
  8. How to Change Context Menu Selector Color

How to Change Context Menu Selector Color: After this update : Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 my context menu (right click menu) selector become a brighter color. Here is a picture for example : [img] (see I select "refresh") Before update, the color is a darker color. Feels contrast with the context...
  9. How to Change Context Menu Selector Color

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Change Context Menu Selector Color: After this update : Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 my context menu (right click menu) selector become a brighter color. Here is a picture for example : [img] (see I select "refresh") Before update, the color is a darker color. Feels contrast with the context...
  10. Unable to add RMB context menu for selected file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to add RMB context menu for selected file: Hi All, I'm unable to add RMB context menu for .prt file types. Nothing is displayed when RMB on file. I've asked same question on Stack overflow but no replay yet. Link for question: [Removed by Moderator] Thanks, Samadhan...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. color of win10 context menu