Windows 10: Context menu text in dark mode 1809

Discus and support Context menu text in dark mode 1809 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I go to dark mode in 1809, all context menus change text to white for enabled items, any resolution? It is being caused by Aero theme. 125089 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rdwray, Jan 11, 2019.

1. rdwray Win User

Context menu text in dark mode 1809

If I go to dark mode in 1809, all context menus change text to white for enabled items, any resolution? It is being caused by Aero theme.

:)

rdwray, Jan 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 1809 Dark mode

Thanks for reporting this.

We are seeing some reports of unexpectedly light-themed UI elements (e.g. address bar) in File Explorer and unreadable text in context menus when using dark theme after the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (1809).

If you’ve enabled dark theme and File Explorer doesn’t look like the picture shown

here
    , we are aware and working on a fix. In the meantime, you can resolve the issue by going to Settings > Personalization > Themes and reverting back to the default Windows theme. After that, feel free to return to your preferred theme.

Paul...

PaulSey..., Jan 11, 2019
  3. Dark Mode

I have just updated to Windows 10 Version 1809.

Right click is unusable in dark mode. The text changes to white, but Menu windows are still white.

This is both on the desktop and in File Explorer

KeithG_727, Jan 11, 2019
  4. tracit99 Win User

Can Someone Confirm That My Context Menu Is Fubared In Dark Mode?

Starting with build 17735.1000 and continuing through build 17763.1, when I am in Dark Mode the Right Click Context Menu is almost Unreadable. Is this the way it is supposed to be? Light Mode seems to be OK. I have summited Feedback to MS.

Context menu text in dark mode 1809 [​IMG]

Edit: Interestingly enough this seems to be a User Profile issue. I switched to another user and while in Dark Mode the Right Click Context Menu displays properly.

Michael T

tracit99, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Context menu text in dark mode 1809 - Similar Threads - Context menu text

2. Windows Dark Mode makes Context Menu Right-Click Menu completely unreadable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Dark Mode makes Context Menu Right-Click Menu completely unreadable: Hello, about a day ago I discovered when right-clicking on the taskbar or desktop screen the context menu is completely blacked out/darkened, and the only way of reading anything in the menu is by highlighting it with the cursor screenshot will be provided When I switch to...
  3. Windows Dark Mode makes Context Menu Right-Click Menu completely unreadable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Dark Mode makes Context Menu Right-Click Menu completely unreadable: Hello, about a day ago I discovered when right-clicking on the taskbar or desktop screen the context menu is completely blacked out/darkened, and the only way of reading anything in the menu is by highlighting it with the cursor screenshot will be provided When I switch to...
  4. Windows Dark Mode makes Context Menu Right-Click Menu completely unreadable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?: Brink , you always helped us in the past with all kind of tweaks etc. Now, after upgrade to 1809 , we can not get the mouse-selected items in the context-menu in blue , we can not use the "Immersive ContextMenu=0 " key in ;...
  6. Context menu text in dark mode 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Context menu text in dark mode 1809: If I go to dark mode in 1809, all context menus change text to white for enabled items, any resolution? It is being caused by Aero theme. 125089
  7. Windows10 1809 Dark Mode

Windows10 1809 Dark Mode: I Have Freshly Installed Windows 10 1809 version on my Laptop and the My Desktop PCs. After the installation I was trying to change My 'App Color' to Dark Mode. It's OK Now. But You can see attached picture. there is a problem on Windows Explorer Address Bar & some other...
  8. Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Classic Context Menu not possible in 1809 ?: Brink , you always helped us in the past with all kind of tweaks etc. Now, after upgrade to 1809 , we can not get the mouse-selected items in the context-menu in blue , we can not use the "Immersive ContextMenu=0 " key in ;...
  9. Windows 10 1809 Dark mode

Windows 10 1809 Dark mode: I updated to V 1809 last night and I am having issues with dark mode in file explorer and drop down dialog boxes. I have all the latest drivers. I searched online and I seem to be the only one with this problem. Please find attached pictures as to what I am talking about....
  10. Can Someone Confirm That My Context Menu Is Fubared In Dark Mode?

Can Someone Confirm That My Context Menu Is Fubared In Dark Mode?: Starting with build 17735.1000 and continuing through build 17763.1, when I am in Dark Mode the Right Click Context Menu is almost Unreadable. Is this the way it is supposed to be? Light Mode seems to be OK. I have summited Feedback to MS. [img] [img] Michael T 118236

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows unreadable context menu in dark mode

2. windows 1809 dark mode context menu text

3. 1809 context menu unreadable