Windows 10: Context Menu Very, Very Slow

Discus and support Context Menu Very, Very Slow in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so i just did an in-place upgrade that resolved pretty much all of the issues i was having, but unfortunately the context menu is now extremely slow.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aeneas1, Dec 24, 2019.

1. aeneas1 Win User

Context Menu Very, Very Slow

so i just did an in-place upgrade that resolved pretty much all of the issues i was having, but unfortunately the context menu is now extremely slow.

let me rephrase that, it's lightning quick when on the desktop or certain files (.dll for example), in fact it couldn't be any quicker, but when on a folder or an exec file it's as slow as molasses.

it's not the usual suspects causing the probs, for example an intel graphics link, moreover i used shellexview to identify the culprit (as recommended at several different google solutions) but that didn't work, even after i disable everything that appeared in shellexview, the context menu was extremely slow.

so are there any tricks and/or tips that can fix this? thanks!

:)

aeneas1, Dec 24, 2019

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Context Menu Very, Very Slow :(

ArmoredCavalry, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Slow Context New Submenu in Windows 10

A slow right-click is caused by context menu handlers. See here: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm

This article will show you how to disable "context menu" handlers step-by-step. In so doing, you'll be able to see which handler would be caused slow menu.

user1004024, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Necrofire Win User

CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

Context Menu Very, Very Slow ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

Context Menu Very, Very Slow ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile Context Menu Very, Very Slow :)

Necrofire, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Context Menu Very, Very Slow - Similar Threads - Context Menu Very

2. Very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow: I am trying to downgrade my extremely slow windows 10 laptop to windows 7 but I got an error saying Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer and it even takes so long to startup and show my account and password box and when I type in my password...
  3. Very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very slow: I am trying to downgrade my extremely slow windows 10 laptop to windows 7 but I got an error saying Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer and it even takes so long to startup and show my account and password box and when I type in my password...
  4. File explorer/search very very very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer/search very very very slow: Green search bar takes 10+ minutes to complete its progress across the bar .. working on it ... ..... it says - really i think!! Since 20H2 'update' the whole OS seems slow to respond and react, with all apps very slow - obviously suspect the file access an search as the...
  5. very, very slow performance

very, very slow performance: Hi, I'm asking for my sister. she has a computer that responds very, very slowly if it does respond at all. She has a Compaq-Presario running Windows 10 Pro, ver. 1903, OS build 18362.720, upgraded on 8/28/2019 ; 1.99GB memory, with Pentium Dual 2 core CPU E2160 at 1.8GHz...
  6. Menu Scroll Speed is very slow.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Menu Scroll Speed is very slow.: I was wondering if there was a way to increase the scroll speed of the menu's in Edge. I just switched from chrome and it takes forever to scroll in a menu in edge. NOTE: This is not a corrupt file issue. It scrolls just is really slow. I use a lot of drop down lists...
  7. very slow

very slow: my device very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow/eaf30d84-58ab-4c41-9f93-dc2c1b7f95ce
  8. Very very slow computer

Very very slow computer: My laptop Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series became very very slow in running all applications etc since last 2 weeks. It started after installing few window updates. How to get out of it. Please help....
  9. Very, very slow internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very, very slow internet: Good Morning For the past week I have been having problems with internet pages being very slow to load, having to be constantly refreshed to display the content and often not displaying the content at all despite repeated attempts. I have had my telephone line and...
  10. Very touchy action using context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very touchy action using context menu: I use Thunderbird and installed an extension called QuickFolders. I love it, but am having a terrible time using the context menus to make my selections. I right click on a tab, the context menu drops down and before I can make a selection I lose it. If I do happen to be able...