Windows 10: Context Menu

Discus and support Context Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to edit context menus in Windows 10 without having to deal with the registry? If yes, how? Thank you in advance.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hey there MSSW, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Context Menu

Is there a way to edit context menus in Windows 10 without having to deal with the registry? If yes, how?

Thank you in advance.

:)

Hey there MSSW, Apr 10, 2020

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Context Menu :(

ArmoredCavalry, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Necrofire Win User
    CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

Context Menu ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

Context Menu ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile Context Menu :)

Necrofire, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Context Menu

How to get rid of old context menus?

I was going to suggest editing teh registry , but....

francis511, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Context Menu

1. Context Menu - Similar Threads - Context Menu

2. how to add custom shortcut keys to context menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to add custom shortcut keys to context menu?: examples, window's copy and paste. right click a folder/file and press c or press v, it'll copy or paste. how do I set up custom shortcut keys to other context menu functions of 3rd party program? 157109
  3. Windows Right click context menu disappears in fraction of seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Right click context menu disappears in fraction of seconds: Hello, I am facing problem with windrows right click context menu in windows 10 OS in my surface pro 3 laptop . After a restart the right click work normal for few minutes , But later the context menu start disappearing in fraction of seconds . I tried clean boot up and...
  4. How to Add or Remove Extract All from context menu for ZIP files

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add or Remove Extract All from context menu for ZIP files: [ATTACH]If you have a ZIP file in your computer and you right-click on it, it shows Extract All option to get data from inside a […] This article How to Add or Remove Extract All from context menu for ZIP files first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Create New "Text Document" Option Is Missing From Windows Context Menu

Create New "Text Document" Option Is Missing From Windows Context Menu: Hello Community, The option for creating new "Text Document" is no longer available in Windows context menu. What's wrong. Please help me. [ATTACH]...
  6. RIGHT CONTExt menu option Lenovo 330 ideapad i5 8th gen,8 Gb ram,2 GB graphic card, 1 TB

RIGHT CONTExt menu option Lenovo 330 ideapad i5 8th gen,8 Gb ram,2 GB graphic card, 1 TB: RIGHT CONTExt menu option Lenovo 330 ideapad i5 8th gen,8 Gb ram,2 GB graphic card, 1 TB why is not there when i click right https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-context-menu-option-lenovo-330-ideapad-i5/ec70e147-db4b-45e3-8d38-73701ed3bb29
  7. CONTEXT MENU LAPTOP

CONTEXT MENU LAPTOP: hey admin tried lot of times and i followed every stuffs on this page but i get this error ... THE MODULE igfxpph.dll failed to load. MAKE SURE THE BINARY IS STORED AT THE SPECIFIED PATH OR DEBUG IT TO CHECK FOR PROBLEMS WITH THE BINARY OR DEPENDENT .DLL FILES THE SPECIFIED...
  8. File explorer context menu disappearing on multiple items

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer context menu disappearing on multiple items: I couldn't find anyone posting about this anywhere but I'm sure everyone will be able to replicate it easily. It's not a big deal but it has bugged me for years now, it didn't happen on Windows 7. Either, drag highlight a bunch of files and/or folders and quickly right...
  9. Windows Context Menu Not Opening

Windows Context Menu Not Opening: Hey Anyone, WHEN I RIGHT CLICK ON TASKBAR AND SELECT TASKBAR SETTING IT DOES NOT OPEN SETTING ELSE IT FLASHES COMMAND PROMPT LIKE SOMETHING WHICH JUST POPS UP AND CLOSE AND NOTHING HAPPENS... THE SAME PROBLEM ALSO OCCUR WHEN I RIGHT CLICK ON DESKTOP AND SELECT DESKTOP...
  10. Menu to create new file is gone from context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Menu to create new file is gone from context menu: Hi, for whatever reason I am only able to create a new folder / shortcut and not a new file. Any idea how I might get the normal "new" menu back? [img] OS Version: 2004 OS Build 19041.208 155787

Users found this page by searching for:

1. context menu editor win 10