Windows 10: Context Menu

Discus and support Context Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to edit context menus in Windows 10 without having to deal with the registry? If yes, how? Thank you in advance.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hey there MSSW, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Context Menu

Is there a way to edit context menus in Windows 10 without having to deal with the registry? If yes, how?

Thank you in advance.

:)

Hey there MSSW, Apr 10, 2020

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Context Menu :(

ArmoredCavalry, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Necrofire Win User
    CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

Context Menu ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

Context Menu ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile Context Menu :)

Necrofire, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Context Menu

How to get rid of old context menus?

I was going to suggest editing teh registry , but....

francis511, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Context Menu

1. Context Menu - Similar Threads - Context Menu

2. Unable to change win11 context menu with Registry change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change win11 context menu with Registry change: I just switched from Win10 pro to Win11 ProI use the desktop context menu frequently. Windows 11 requires a second step---show more options---to access most of the features I use such as "Rename"To return to the old context menu, Microsoft instructs me to edit the registry...
  3. Unable to change win11 context menu with Registry change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change win11 context menu with Registry change: I just switched from Win10 pro to Win11 ProI use the desktop context menu frequently. Windows 11 requires a second step---show more options---to access most of the features I use such as "Rename"To return to the old context menu, Microsoft instructs me to edit the registry...
  4. Missing context menu on search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing context menu on search bar: I am trying to get rid of advertisements in my search bar.Microsoft's answer is: Right click on your taskbarSelect Search then clear "Show search highlights".However, when I right click on my taskbar there are only two options:Task ManagerTaskbar settingsHow do I access,...
  5. Missing context menu on search bar

Missing context menu on search bar: I am trying to get rid of advertisements in my search bar.Microsoft's answer is: Right click on your taskbarSelect Search then clear "Show search highlights".However, when I right click on my taskbar there are only two options:Task ManagerTaskbar settingsHow do I access,...
  6. Way to always see old file context menu on right click?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Way to always see old file context menu on right click?: The new context menu for files is awful. It hides many of the options that I use most often, reducing my efficiency. Is there a way to hide it and always default to the original context menu available under "show more options"?...
  7. Way to always see old file context menu on right click?

Way to always see old file context menu on right click?: The new context menu for files is awful. It hides many of the options that I use most often, reducing my efficiency. Is there a way to hide it and always default to the original context menu available under "show more options"?...
  8. Windows 11's Right Click Context Menu has got to go.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11's Right Click Context Menu has got to go.: This is the most terrible, stupid, and annoying thing Microsoft has ever designed into a UI.They've completely abandoned us power users here, and even normal users.Get rid of that stupid 'Show more Options' button and give us everything relevant to the element we're right...
  9. Windows 11's Right Click Context Menu has got to go.

Windows 11's Right Click Context Menu has got to go.: This is the most terrible, stupid, and annoying thing Microsoft has ever designed into a UI.They've completely abandoned us power users here, and even normal users.Get rid of that stupid 'Show more Options' button and give us everything relevant to the element we're right...
  10. How do you add cmd.exe to the Context menu in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you add cmd.exe to the Context menu in file explorer?: How do you add command to the Context menu in file explorer?Hello. I fogot how to add C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe to the Context menu.[Right click open cmd here]. I know how to open cmd from the address bar and from cmd but I do not remember how to add it to that menu. Please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. context menu editor win 10