Windows 10: Context submenus and windows menu bars open to the eft

Discus and support Context submenus and windows menu bars open to the eft in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When opening a context menu all submenus will open to the left.This also happens when opening window menu items.I tried running Tablet PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tzvi.S., Aug 24, 2021.

1. Tzvi.S. Win User

Context submenus and windows menu bars open to the eft

When opening a context menu all submenus will open to the left.This also happens when opening window menu items.I tried running Tablet PC Settings:shell:::{80F3F1D5-FECA-45F3-BC32-752C152E456E}and changing to Left-HandedThis only effects where the context menu is opend relative to the mouse.All submenus or window menus will keep open to the left.I also tried changing the registryHKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WindowsMenuDropAlignment = 0/1Nothing helped.I am on Windows 10 version 21H1Examples of context submenu and notepad window menuThanks for anyone that can h

:)

Tzvi.S., Aug 24, 2021
  2. CPCFREAK Win User

Windows 10 version 1809 update - Slow Context New Submenu & Menu Items Missing

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem.

After the 1809 update I've found that all the PCs I have applied it to so far have the same symptom of very slow access to the New submenu in Right Click Context menus. It seems when you first open the right click menu and scroll to the New submenu there
    will be a long delay before the submenu opens which freezes the Context menu. Once the New submenu opens you can roll the mouse cursor on and off the submenu and it will close and re-open quickly, but as soon as you allow the Context menu to close and try
    the re-open it the problem returns. It appears to be some problem with background enumeration of the menu.

I also notice on a couple of machines the New submenu now contains far fewer items after the 1809 update. Some of the systems have a lot of software installed so usually have a long list in the New submenu, others are basically vanilla content machines
    for browsing and just have the defaults with Office 365.

This happens over the desktop or in any open Explorer window.

The five machines I have upgraded are from a variety of manufacturers(Dell, Acer and Asus) using different processors(new and old), graphic cards(AMD, Nvidia and Intel), etc., etc., so it seems it is not associated with any specific hardware. I have had
    no other obvious problems with the 1809 update.

CPCFREAK, Aug 24, 2021
  3. zawnox Win User
    Context Menu "Open with" freeze

This problem annoyed me for a week

3 related issues:

• context menu works fine, and all submenus open well such as "view" and "sort by", except "Open with":
      • when i hover on "Open with", Windows Explorer freezes and i have to restart it in Task Manager
      • some files won't even let me open context menu, they just freeze Windows Explorer
    • image thumbnails and sometimes taskbar icons disappear or become
      blank icons of paper (refresh doesn't work):
      • when i try to upload an image to any website (Facebook or Steam) i can't see which blank piece of paper to choose
    • cannot access "Personalisation" or "Accounts" in system settings:
      • when i try to change my desktop background or change my account profile picture, "Settings" app freezes and i have to end task in Task Manager

Solutions i have tried:

• AdwCleaner
    • disabling 3rd party programs in ShellExView
    • clean boot
    • safe mode boot
    • elevated cmd
      • Sfc /scannow
      • thumbnail cache clear
    • PC reset

Nothing worked

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

8gb RAM

Intel Core i7 4700MQ

Intel HD Graphics 4600

Toshiba Satellite P75-A7100

zawnox, Aug 24, 2021
  4. Context submenus and windows menu bars open to the eft

Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Context submenus and windows menu bars open to the eft :(

ArmoredCavalry, Aug 24, 2021
Thema:

Context submenus and windows menu bars open to the eft

1. Context submenus and windows menu bars open to the eft - Similar Threads - Context submenus menu

2. Missing context menu on search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing context menu on search bar: I am trying to get rid of advertisements in my search bar.Microsoft's answer is: Right click on your taskbarSelect Search then clear "Show search highlights".However, when I right click on my taskbar there are only two options:Task ManagerTaskbar settingsHow do I access,...
  3. Missing context menu on search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing context menu on search bar: I am trying to get rid of advertisements in my search bar.Microsoft's answer is: Right click on your taskbarSelect Search then clear "Show search highlights".However, when I right click on my taskbar there are only two options:Task ManagerTaskbar settingsHow do I access,...
  4. W10 Open with context menu problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Open with context menu problem: Hi, I recently did a system "fresh start" on my laptop (to keep existing user folders/files and drivers etc), as it had slowed up a bit. This took about 20 minutes, it removed all the 3rd party apps, and the pc is functioning fine, however, I soon found out that there is a...
  5. Windows Context Menu Not Opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Context Menu Not Opening: Hey Anyone, WHEN I RIGHT CLICK ON TASKBAR AND SELECT TASKBAR SETTING IT DOES NOT OPEN SETTING ELSE IT FLASHES COMMAND PROMPT LIKE SOMETHING WHICH JUST POPS UP AND CLOSE AND NOTHING HAPPENS... THE SAME PROBLEM ALSO OCCUR WHEN I RIGHT CLICK ON DESKTOP AND SELECT DESKTOP...
  6. context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option

context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option: context menu is missing the 'OPEN' option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu-is-missing-the-open-option/0d7c340c-17ef-4b71-893c-e6da8327f7e2
  7. context menu 'open' video

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    context menu 'open' video: When i right click on a video and select open my video opens in windows media player. I would like to edit the open value in the registry so it opens in another program. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where this 'open' value would be. I have found 'open...
  8. Open Notepad as Administrator with Context Menu?

Open Notepad as Administrator with Context Menu?: I'm often having to edit batch files in my C: drive or my windows hosts files and forever running into access permissions issues. I've seen a few posts showing how you can make a registry style hack to add a right-click option to open a file as notepad as admin, but none...
  9. open with notepad context menu

open with notepad context menu: Code: ;notepad [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell] @="\"notepad.exe %1\"" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\open] @="Open &With Notepad" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\open\command] @="notepad.exe %1"[/quote] the above dont seem to give me open with notepad in context menu unlike in win7. any...
  10. Turn On or Off Open Start Menu Submenus in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Open Start Menu Submenus in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Open Start Menu Submenus in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Start Menu AutoCascade of Submenus in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with Windows 10 build 10041 released on March 18th 2015. [img] Information...