Windows 10: [ContextMenuShellNew]How to change the order of templates in the New context menu?

Discus and support [ContextMenuShellNew]How to change the order of templates in the New context menu? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! My name is Motias.I need your help with one issue.Is there a way to force reposition or sort by FileName in the New context menu?I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Motias, Mar 29, 2022.

1. Motias Win User

[ContextMenuShellNew]How to change the order of templates in the New context menu?

Hi! My name is Motias.I need your help with one issue.Is there a way to force reposition or sort by FileName in the New context menu?I want alphabetical order: Adobe After Effects,Adobe Photoshop,Adobe Premire Project,Aegisub Advanced SSA,etc...on default, i have order by extension: .aac, .aep, .ahk, .aeg, etc...

:)

Motias, Mar 29, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Mar 29, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    Change Item Order in "New" Context Menu?

Well done for finding it. However, the way it is handled doesn't seem to allow you to actually make a useful change as you say. It's somewhat interesting observing the string change as you change the order in the list below.

[ContextMenuShellNew]How to change the order of templates in the New context menu? [​IMG]

Doesn't seem to be a registry permission issue as far as I can see though.

dalchina, Mar 29, 2022
  4. zivshosh Win User

[ContextMenuShellNew]How to change the order of templates in the New context menu?

change order in context menu

Greetings
    How can I change the order of options in a context menu?

I couldn't find the option I'd like to move higher in the registry so it must hide as binary
    but the question is general for context menus
    thank you

zivshosh, Mar 29, 2022
Thema:

1. [ContextMenuShellNew]How to change the order of templates in the New context menu? - Similar Threads - ContextMenuShellNew change order

2. [Dev question] Recommended menu order in Context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Dev question] Recommended menu order in Context menu: When developing 'Context menu', i'm curious about the recomendations of the menu order.The context menu in the Windows seems to have some sort of order.For example, if i right click any app icon in the desktop home, i can find a menu at the top, such as Open/Share/... etc.It...
  3. [Dev question] Recommended menu order in Context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Dev question] Recommended menu order in Context menu: When developing 'Context menu', i'm curious about the recomendations of the menu order.The context menu in the Windows seems to have some sort of order.For example, if i right click any app icon in the desktop home, i can find a menu at the top, such as Open/Share/... etc.It...
  4. [ContextMenuShellNew]How to change the order of templates in the New context menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [ContextMenuShellNew]How to change the order of templates in the New context menu?: Hi! My name is Motias.I need your help with one issue.Is there a way to force reposition or sort by FileName in the New context menu?I want alphabetical order: Adobe After Effects,Adobe Photoshop,Adobe Premire Project,Aegisub Advanced SSA,etc...on default, i have order by...
  5. Change Item Order in "New" Context Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Item Order in "New" Context Menu?: W10: LTSB 2016 (build 1607). Basically this menu: [ATTACH] Is there a way to sort the order? Other methods don't seem to work with this sub-menu. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks! :) 154136
  6. How to Change Context Menu Selector Color

How to Change Context Menu Selector Color: After this update : Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 my context menu (right click menu) selector become a brighter color. Here is a picture for example : [img] (see I select "refresh") Before update, the color is a darker color. Feels contrast with the context...
  7. How to Change Context Menu Selector Color

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Change Context Menu Selector Color: After this update : Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 my context menu (right click menu) selector become a brighter color. Here is a picture for example : [img] (see I select "refresh") Before update, the color is a darker color. Feels contrast with the context...
  8. change order in context menu

change order in context menu: Greetings How can I change the order of options in a context menu? OS: Windows 10 Pro ver.1809 b.17763.503 I couldn't find the option I'd like to move higher in the registry so it must hide as binary but the question is general for context menus thank you 133164
  9. change the right click "new" context menu options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change the right click "new" context menu options: How may I edit the right click context menu to add apps or options that are relevant. Right click on the desktop and a menu pops up offering to "view > ", or " sort by >" and so forth. Under right click "new > " after "folder" and "shortcut" are a list of totally useless...
  10. How to change of context menu ?

How to change of context menu ?: Hi, Is there any way to change the right click menu from white to black ? As you can see in the picture the right click menu is white and i cannot find the reg key to change the color to black *cry Or if anyone has some thing i can install to change the color then i...