Windows 10: Continious disk write operation in SSD

Discus and support Continious disk write operation in SSD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop has its boot drive in SSD. Now system and something else is writing always in ssd. No matter i am using it or not. It is continious. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nikhil., Mar 3, 2021.

1. Nikhil. Win User

Continious disk write operation in SSD

My laptop has its boot drive in SSD. Now system and something else is writing always in ssd. No matter i am using it or not. It is continious. The problem is that it uses a lot of writes. It is aprox writing 100GB everyday. My laptop is new and only 7 days old and total disk written is 966GB. I havent used my laptop much only transfered 40gb of video files and using browser to surf. But 966GB in 5 days is a large number. My ram is 8gb and always free around 40-50%. I have tried to change page file to HDD but it wont worked. Also disk defragment is turned off. What should i do?

Continious disk write operation in SSD 31c9bb3f-f733-40c3-a243-f8aa78d678f3?upload=true.png

:)

Nikhil., Mar 3, 2021
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Rohit_R Win User
    The Disk Is Write Protected - How To Remove Write Protection

Hi Fernanda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In regards to your concern, please help me with following questions:

• Is the Hard drive external or internal?
    You can try following steps and check if that fixes the issue:

1. Run Virus scan on the Hard Drive.
    2. Perform check disk commands on the Hard Disk to fix the Disk errors.
    Refer to this article.

Note: Remove all the external devices before performing check disk.

Data Loss Disclaimer:

While performing these steps there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Continious disk write operation in SSD

Disk write error problem.

Got it, Darius. The most common cause of getting a disk write error is having bad sectors on the hard drive. It's also possible that your disk is write protected and have set specific permissions. To help sort out the issue, please run or install the program
    or software in compatibility mode. Follow these steps:

• Right-click the EXE file or the program's shortcut and select Properties.
    • Select the Compatibility tab.
    • Under Compatibility mode, tick the box for Run this program in compatibility mode and select the appropriate operating system or the version of Windows you want to use.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Check out
    Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows
    for more information.

If the issue persists, please send us a screenshot of the error message so we can further check on it.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Continious disk write operation in SSD

1. Continious disk write operation in SSD - Similar Threads - Continious disk write

2. there is not enough memory to complete the operation, on a empty ssd disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there is not enough memory to complete the operation, on a empty ssd disk: Dear community,I have just bought a new dell laptop.It comes with 500gb of ssd, where windows is installed. I have used the tool "disk management" to create a partition of 200 gb from those initial 500 gb. So now, I have a partition of 300 and another one of 200 gb, I am...
  3. there is not enough memory to complete the operation, on a empty ssd disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there is not enough memory to complete the operation, on a empty ssd disk: Dear community,I have just bought a new dell laptop.It comes with 500gb of ssd, where windows is installed. I have used the tool "disk management" to create a partition of 200 gb from those initial 500 gb. So now, I have a partition of 300 and another one of 200 gb, I am...
  4. Continious Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continious Blue Screen of Death: Hello - As of yesterday I have received a continuous BS of Death. Unfortnately, I don't remember my windows password to make changes to my pc. I am receiving the error message 0xc000021a. Do I need to re-install Windows 10 or purchase a USB WiFi Adapter or do both? Any...
  5. Continious Blue Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Continious Blue Screen of Death: Hello - As of yesterday I have received a continuous BS of Death. Unfortnately, I don't remember my windows password to make changes to my pc. I am receiving the error message 0xc000021a. Do I need to re-install Windows 10 or purchase a USB WiFi Adapter or do both? Any...
  6. "This disk is write-protected"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "This disk is write-protected": I have pictures in my disk drive C and moved one onto my local disk D. The action was interrupted and a pop-up window appeared that the Disk is "write-protected". What does it mean? Should I remove it?...
  7. SSD disk active time at 100 with no read/write

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD disk active time at 100 with no read/write: Hi. So ever since the 20H2 update, my computer randomly freezes with disk active time sitting at 100 with no read and write. I can move my mouse and I can move Windows around, but I can't click on anything or alt+tab. It happens while navigating different windows and...
  8. Windows Defender writing 100% disk usage on SSD. Why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender writing 100% disk usage on SSD. Why?: Why would windows defender be writing gigabytes of data to my drive during a full scan, writing to the disk at 100% (over 100 mbps)? Windows defender gets stuck for a long time at a few consecutive files while doing a full scan. When I opened up task manager, for most of the...
  9. Excessive writing to disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excessive writing to disk: When W10 wakes up from sleep it writes to the disk for 3 to 5 min, what's wrong? Also at start up it writes for 5+ min before I can log in. Can anything be done?...
  10. Disable Disk Write Caching on SSD in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable Disk Write Caching on SSD in Windows 10: Hi, I read the tutorial on how to disable write caching. But, when I shut down and later turn on my PC and check the policy tab for my Samsung SSD C: drive the caching box is checked again. Also I turned off "RAPID" on the SSD. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks...