Windows 10: Continually Asked to Make Browser Default

Discus and support Continually Asked to Make Browser Default in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I start up Windows tells me Firefox is not my default browser and I have to tell it to make it my default. This also happens if I close the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PlanoMike, Feb 10, 2020.

1. PlanoMike Win User

Continually Asked to Make Browser Default

Every time I start up Windows tells me Firefox is not my default browser and I have to tell it to make it my default. This also happens if I close the browser and then reopen it again.

I also notice that if I click a link in an email that instead of opening a new tab in the open browser instance it opens a new instance of the browser. How do I get it to not do that?

How do I get it to keep my default setting without asking me every day?

:)

PlanoMike, Feb 10, 2020

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Unable to set default browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

To set Internet Explorer/Edge as a default browser, I suggest you to follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key and type Default Program in search and hit enter.
    • Select "Set your default programs"
    • Click on “Internet Explorer" or “Edge”.
    • Select "Set this program as default” and Click OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Continually Asked to Make Browser Default

How can I change the default browser that Continue on PC opens?

• The default browser that is currently set on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted above by lacrumb.
    Chrome

• The browser that you're using on your mobile phone/device.
    Chrome

Thankyou

fred.spark, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Continually Asked to Make Browser Default

1. Continually Asked to Make Browser Default - Similar Threads - Continually Asked Browser

2. Windows continue to load another browser than my default browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows continue to load another browser than my default browser?: Hi What can I do to prevent that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-continue-to-load-another-browser-than-my/4c59029a-21a9-46d7-91e9-a8050714f6c9
  3. Windows continue to load another browser than my default browser?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows continue to load another browser than my default browser?: Hi What can I do to prevent that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-continue-to-load-another-browser-than-my/4c59029a-21a9-46d7-91e9-a8050714f6c9
  4. Windows continue to load another browser than my default browser?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't make FireFox default browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't make FireFox default browser?: Every time I start FireFox I'm presented with a dialog asking if I want to make it my default browser. Yes I do!! I am brought to the screen which lets me choose a browser, but FireFox isn't among the choices. I choose to search for another browser and I'm brought to the...
  6. How to make Canary my default browser ?

in Browsers and Email
    How to make Canary my default browser ?: good morning all, How to make Edge Canary my default browser ? It seems it is impossible to open the short cuts / tiles to websites that are on my "desk top" in Edge Canary. They keep opening in the standard Edge. My system details are: Surface Go, 4GBram, 64GBstorage,...
  7. Making IE 11 the default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Making IE 11 the default browser: Our company still use IE 11 for many things and I was looking for a way to make it the default browser, anybody got some good tips on how to do this? many thx *Biggrin 125823
  8. Make firefox as default app for "web browser"

in Browsers and Email
    Make firefox as default app for "web browser": Dear folks I was trying to change default app for " web browser" from Microsoft Edge to Firefox as per below : How to change your default browser in Windows 10 | Firefox Help I can't find Firefox as an option ? [img] Any idea how can I fix it ? Thx 101100
  9. Make Chrome the default browser in start-search

in Browsers and Email
    Make Chrome the default browser in start-search: How do I make Google Chrome (rather the Edge) as the default search engine when do a Start - search request? 94202
  10. Cannot make Chrome as default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot make Chrome as default browser: I have tried all the suggested methods of setting Chrome as a default browser. When open Chrome, I go through of downloading Chrome and agreeing to terms etc etc and it does not work. The next time I log in with Chrome it asks me to make it a default again. When I go through...